Christmas Gaming
  • I wrap my gaming in bacon to keep the juices in.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Anyone who mentioned christmas nights is not a real gamer as they just googled it

oh.

How very dare you.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Psycho Santa and Christmas Lemmings, both Amiga.
  • zonipoi wrote:
    I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii (U) at least the past three years during Christmas time for no real reason and been looking forward to it this year too. I'm now about 70 hours in and hopefully can wrap it up this Christmas. 

Also Christmas Nights on Saturn at some point but have problems with the Saturn right now. :( Does the Xbox360 version have Christmas Nights too?

Yes, Christmas NiGHTS is included in the 360 version.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Anyone who mentioned christmas nights is not a real gamer as they just googled it
    oh. How very dare you.

Pretty sure when I got it for my Saturn I wasn’t Googling anything. TBH, I’ve got lots of reasons for not being a real gamer, whatever that is, but owning a Saturn and getting a free Christmas demo isn’t one of them.
  • Frostpunk, now thats a game to play in december when its cold and bleak outside.

Dead Rising 4 will hopefully get started tonight with the xmas music and its xmas themed shopping centre.
  • Yeh dead rising was a good shout, started dead rising 4 after reading your other post on previous page and it is very Christmasy.
    And not too hard either so it's pretty fun and whimsical too.
  • I've never played a full Dead Rising game (first one had a demo iirc?). I read something about the save system being weird and didn't bother, but they do sound fun.
  • Dead Rising 4 ditches that save system and is a more traditional game.
    Personally it reminded me a lot of a Saints Row game.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's Pokémon for me. It's just a little advent calendar.
  • Spend a few hours on Dead Rising 4, the shopping mall is a hoot to explore. Currently dressed as M.Bison with a sledgehammer that has a grenade added to the head (dont ask). The explosions are cool.

Had a crazy fight earlier with a horde of zombies in a computer shop. Armed with nothing but a keyboard, cashiers till and a pot of coffee i racked up a 100+ continuous kill count. Glorious.
  • That does sound grand.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Dead Rising 4 ditches that save system and is a more traditional game.
    Personally it reminded me a lot of a Saints Row game.

Saints Row is another one I probably should've tried, seems to have plenty of fans. Unsure when that series got good, as I don't remember many people liking it early on.
  • Never played a saints row game. Not sure why. Like ass creed the series just bypassed me
  • I think I'll play a little Fable 2 next week. Proper Dickensian start, that.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • So got two weeks off for xmas. Need to decide what im gonna play over that period. Normally its festive related, i still have Dead Rising 4 from last xmas to finish off. However this year im thinking Ori and the Blind Forest and Mario Galaxy. Never played either. As my son is now 2, i was finally going to get the Switch dock out of the box (never used) and play the games on the tv in living room. They should be colourful enough to maybe hold his attention.

When hes in bed though and im not watching an xmas movie with missus im thinking either finish off thenfestive DR4 or start Doom Eternal. Yes the latter has no xmas connotations but some doom carnage will give me a festive glow anyway.

How about you guys? What games you planning to play?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Christmas gaming for me is all about couch co-op with my brother. As my sister-in-law isn’t going back to Spain this year due to Covid, it’ll be three of us this time around. Probably time to finish off Battletoads, likely some more Moving Out, then more scrolling beat ‘em ups and whatever looks good fun for 3 on Game Pass, quite possibly starting with Gang Beasts.
  • I'd love to do a couch sesh of Streets of Rage 4 but there's zero interest in computer games in my household unless it's Rocket League.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    As long as it snows in Night City then that's how I'll be all Christmassy.
  • Christmas gaming sessions for me have always been on my switch whilst I hide away from all the madness at my in laws.

Last year was another run through of Dark Souls and Final Fantasy 12.

This year I'm at home (woo hoo) and we can't have family come stay (woo hoo!) so I'm hoping to get through Dragon Quest XI and my work colleagues have a tradition in which they all start a run through of an Elder Scrolls game together.
    This year they're doing Oblivion so I'll take part in that.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • It's strange for me this year as I'm without console. But have pc ... I really like the look of Call of the Sea. So probably that and Deserts of Kharak
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Dead Rising 4 sounds like a good Black Friday/ New year sales game. I enjoyed 2 a bit but never got on with the time-limit/ save system either.

Kudos to Code Vein for giving some full on Christmas costume pieces - I can even create a big glowing red pom-pom for a nose.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thought I'd revive this as it's getting close. Last day at work today and I'm looking forward to 13 days on uninterrupted gaming (one of the advantages of being a sad old single git).

My list will include:

1. Miles Morales
    2. Halo Campaign
    3. Possibly another run through Death Stranding, especially the mountain bits.

What's everyone else going for?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I might get gifted some Switch games so they will be pride of place but we usually play a bit of Wii Bowling and Wii Party over Christmas. :)

Solo play - some shmupping. Crimzon Clover, Layer Section, Gekirindan.  

Wario Land Shake Dimension and will try to get the boss insta-kill down on Xmas Nights to get that x2 multiplier.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Gonna go camping in the snowy north of rdr2 for a couple of days, catch up with Arthur, do some hunting. Need to beat the heart on StS too so will have a crack at that. Try to get myself a series X next week so if I do I'll give halo campaign a spin.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm thinking a mix of:
     - Dark Souls 1-3
     - Bonfire Peaks
     - Hopefully finish Ender Lilies
     - Maybe a bit of Halo Infinite / Far Cry 5 / COD / Forza, for mind-numbed gaming
  • I planned a gaming day today but my dad arranged for a gearbox to be picked up the same day my parents were due to visit my Uncle.
    I took one look at my mum's face and suggested I wait at theirs for the bloke to pickup instead.

So no gaming today. I will try to fit in some holiday Halo I'm sure.

Next year hopefully I will have that Amiga mini and a bunch of classic Xmas games romed up.
  • 1. Miles Morales
    2. Halo Infinite
    3. Not sure I’ll have time for anything else. Mass Effect if I can.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Don't usually get to do that much gaming over Xmas (during the day at least) as TV is usually dominated either by Xmas programmes or the kids playing instead.

I do plan like Nick, however, to catch up on RDR2 and a hunting/fishing trip into the snowy mountains with whatever nice whisky I get and some snacks to hand sounds just the ticket.
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!