PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    adkm wrote:
    Looks ace.  Have you considered putting your games into black cases and printing your own sleeves?  Plain black/dark grey with just the name on the spine...
    I hadn't but thanks for the idea, I think this is definitely something I will look at doing. Plus ordering some new cases will get the PS3 games to the same height.

beano wrote:
    That has to be the nicest cabinet thingamijig I've ever seen.
    Cheers bud, it didn't actually take that long to make. I struggled to come up with an idea for ages and decided on this. It cost me about £260 to make but that isn't too bad considering it is a custom build...

JMW wrote:
    Why's the extra monitor there?
    It's just there from when there were 2 games of football on at the same time, there is only 1 tiny screw holding it in place so there will be no visible marks when I move it. Saying that I may end up leaving it there as I can always use it for Apple TV, Netflix, 360 or PS3. I'll have to see how it takes me when I've got everything else tidied up and in place and the wall finished.

I'm proper chuffed at Adkm's idea though as I think that will mean the games can stay there.

I enjoyed doing this, so much so that I have realised I want a career change, I am soon to be doing a friend's garden so I'll post in the off topic thread when I've completed it...
  • Have you got the shelves going through the backboard, then fixing to the wall behind?  I'm scratching my head with regards to the strength of the invisible shelf thing.  Looks brilliant btw.
  • If we ask nicely he might post the behind the scenes photos here instead of us all raking for them on the blurum.
  • Show us where the magic happens Moto.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'll post the pics as soon as I've uploaded them (my Internet is playing up at the mo so I'm on 3G)

Yes all the shelves are cantilevered but I specified all the dimensions and the load and the glass company told me that 10 mm toughened would be more than enough so that's what I got with polished edges, that came in at around £140. I then had a piece of 18mm MDF CNC'd and then made a 50mm frame on the reverse.

For the wood effect I just drew up some old looking wood in photoshop and stuck it to the front, I was going to go for a brown piano gloss finish but just wanted to get it up so using a big sticker was easier!

7432286562_a18e204ae8_c_d.jpg

7433089496_01d5a02d10_z_d.jpg

7433092220_4a99367226_z_d.jpg

7433095244_8f172fe7a9_z_d.jpg

7433105606_744b3b8029_z_d.jpg

7433099684_ee644489bc_z_d.jpg

Regarding the DVD cases, I'd like to go with dark cases but not the black ones (I think they look cheap), does anybody know of anywhere that does smoked cases?
  • Wow that looks fantastic, Moto.
  • Nice setup Moto.  I don't usually like having games and stuff on display but I quite like how you've done it.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    temporary-24.jpg The wall of greatness

Loving Scarborough Fair with its own space.

I've only just realised what that is. Bayonetta's gun?

Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Fuck you and your epic storage solution Moto! The recessed games shelf is tops.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    One of mates came around while I was fitting it and he reckoned there'd be a good business in selling something like this, people give you a finished size that they want and then supply it as a standalone unit that's fitted against a wall.

Originally I had LED's mounted inside that illuminated shelves but in my haste to get it up I managed to fuck that bit up and I can't be arsed to dismantle it and go through it all again. Also I will be fitting a skirting board to this when I fit the rest of the lounge out. I have an idea for some additional shelving but this won't happen for a while...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message

It is. I thought Mod was dead against Bayonetta so I am surprised.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moto - I want your house.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    You could have a Manhattan penthouse and if you had to share it with my kids you'd rather live in a shed. Already today I've had to tell my 13 year old daughter that I won't be taking her to see her Grandad in Spain in a few weeks if she can't go a day without fucking scrapping with her brother...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kids. Bless em.
  • I just feel embarrassed now, cheers Perm.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I haven't got a Moon poster so it's swings & roundabouts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don't have glass shelves or a moon poster :(
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I don't have glass shelves or a moon poster :(

But you could!!!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    beano wrote:

I think you must have mixed me up with someone else.

Oh, and for the record it came 100% free with a pre-order.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yikes!
    7433089496_01d5a02d10_z_d.jpg
    I'm going to have to keep out of this thread.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    There's a Tony Hopkins film called The Edge, about some Edge men who are pursued by an angry killer bear. Moto's mantle wouldn't look out of place in that film's lodge. Discerning. But, as on Blu, I say to thee: built-in beats bolt-on. I know the recessed areas would be shallow, but it's more about the notion than the amount of concealment. If only to hide the rears and cables.

Continuing the wood pattern into the coves would be ideal. I'd lie the games down flat so that they're hidden, and I'd never mount a TV that high. But then o' course, me and fashion don't see eye to eye, neither.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Oh, and Jon: why are you powering your business with miniature toilet rolls?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:

Or I have your hatred for a platinum title mixed up. I don't know which is the correct answer (o:
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yikes! 7433089496_01d5a02d10_z_d.jpg I'm going to have to keep out of this thread.

One socket running all that Sparkly. One. 

Having kittens yet?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    To be fair a lot of those cables are connections (HDMI, Satellite coax, optical etc) and there are 2 sockets!

I did worry about Sparks health when I posted these though!!!
  • Escape wrote:
    Oh, and Jon: why are you powering your business with miniature toilet rolls?
    Because I can.

(Or because they're actually 2 to 3 pin adaptors.)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    beano wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    Or I have your hatred for a platinum title mixed up. I don't know which is the correct answer (o:

I thought Vanquish was shit.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Don't take this the wrong way Perm, I really like almost everything you've done there, but personally I'd have filled the screw holes and sprayed it with some Plasti-kote or similar.

You've also got some of those lift doors that close themselves, haven't seen any of them for years :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!