PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Don't take this the wrong way Perm, I really like almost everything you've done there, but personally I'd have filled the screw holes and sprayed it with some Plasti-kote or similar. You've also got some of those lift doors that close themselves, haven't seen any of them for years :)

I did fill the screwholes and I didn't think there was any need for any other prep as I printed the image onto some low surface energy vinyl which I then matt laminated.

I've tweaked the doors so that they stay where you leave them as it gets on my tits when they close on their own. I've contemplated changing the doors but I have other things I'd rather do first.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Set fire to the piano.

And now you're not invited. :-(
  • JonB wrote:
    1zdllit.jpg

I like your books - Lacan, Badiou, Benjamin - good call!
  • three1ne wrote:
    Choke wrote:
    535762_10151452323740153_618572749_n.jpg
    Nazi cushions?

Yes, I am housesitting for the Nazi Professor who invented Hitler Studies.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    Don't take this the wrong way Perm, I really like almost everything you've done there, but personally I'd have filled the screw holes and sprayed it with some Plasti-kote or similar. You've also got some of those lift doors that close themselves, haven't seen any of them for years :)
    I did fill the screwholes and I didn't think there was any need for any other prep as I printed the image onto some low surface energy vinyl which I then matt laminated. I've tweaked the doors so that they stay where you leave them as it gets on my tits when they close on their own. I've contemplated changing the doors but I have other things I'd rather do first.

I just meant I'd have gone for a solid paint colour rather than a printed sheet, but that's just personal preference.

Also, you'd only need to swap the hinges, not the whole door. Pretty easy swap especially as you seem to have laminate flooring that doesn't need the lift to clear the carpet those type of hinges are useful for.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I did want to go for a dark brown piano gloss finish but I really couldn't be arsed with taking it all down again as laying it flat would have given me a cracking high-sheen gloss finish, I spent ages filling and smoothing down the screw holes so that they were mirror flat and then just thought fuck it I'll knock up a quick sticker!

Like I said the doors don't close on their own now anyway so I'm not that bothered about changing the hinges but I do want to change the door though this will be the last thing in the room to be done as I want to get a look at the whole thing before I decide which one I want.

I'm also going to do away with all the ceiling lighting though again I want to get everything else done so that I play around and see what looks best.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Have we got a 'Projects' thread in the Off-Topic section?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    There's a DIY thread.

And a Cowboys thread for your wiring ;)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    haha!

I'm thinking that now might be the time to think about starting Operation Arcade Cabinet...
  • Choke wrote:
    I like your books - Lacan, Badiou, Benjamin - good call!
    Thanks, and well spotted. The set of Benjamin books is a particular favourite of mine.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    One socket running all that Sparkly. One.

It's 13 amps in total for both. Two points instead of one is for convenience.

Choke wrote:

You don't have anything from the Allied side?
  • Escape wrote:
    Choke wrote:

No, that sort of material just isn't sensationalist enough and wouldn't sell to students (or 'customers' apparently) paying £9k per year. It's the Holocaust or nothing to succeed in this marketplace!
  • Do you live there by choice?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Choke wrote:
    Escape wrote:
    Choke wrote:
    No, that sort of material just isn't sensationalist enough and wouldn't sell to students (or 'customers' apparently) paying £9k per year. It's the Holocaust or nothing to succeed in this marketplace!

I hate it when I can't tell if someone is being serious or not.
  • Why_so_serious__by_CYLex.jpg
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Do you live there by choice?

Yes, it's free.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Choke wrote:
    Escape wrote:
    Choke wrote:
    I hate it when I can't tell if someone is being serious or not.

Sorry, yes, I'm joking (the prof is an expert on Conrad) but as three1ne's picture suggests, this tragicomic scenario is tinged with some truth.
  • Choke wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Do you live there by choice?
    Yes, it's free.

So you can escape that hellhole?
  • I've never actually understood the concept of 'housesitting'. What does it entail and why do people do it?
  • Plan M wrote:
    I've never actually understood the concept of 'housesitting'. What does it entail and why do people do it?

Theres a couple of reasons, the house is more secure if someone is in it for a start.

My parents sometimes house sit for my grandparents as a little holiday down on the south coast too.
  • I see - do people get paid to housesit? How does anyone even get into that sort of thing?

(Obviously your parents wouldn't charge your grandparents but you get my drift)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I'd love to have someone I trust house sit and walk the dog whilst we're on holiday. Cheaper than kennels.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    I'd love to have someone I trust house sit and walk the dog whilst we're on holiday. Cheaper than kennels.
    I've just had the same conversation with my missus, I'd love for us both to go and see my old man and his missus at the same time but I don't know a single person I could ask that I would trust, well I know loads that I would trust but they all work. It's not the cost of kennels for us just the fact that we really don't want to put our dogs into kennels, fuck me I even hate leaving them for their haircut!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll housesit for y'all
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'll housesit for y'all
    I saw a story in the news yesterday that makes me want to gracefully decline this offer!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    What did they say about me I'm sure I removed all evidence
  • Plan M wrote:
    I see - do people get paid to housesit? How does anyone even get into that sort of thing? (Obviously your parents wouldn't charge your grandparents but you get my drift)

Work colleagues. I'm trusted not to burn the piano, for instance, because he knows where I work. Things are a bit more relaxed in academia I guess. I doubt he would do the same if he worked in Cex.
  • Academia!?! Was gonna ask if that was a teachers house, I wasnt far off then.
  • He's an Emritus (retired) Professor. It's a good stop-over while I look for a new flat.

Have some Half Life 2 Episode 3 concept art from 2008
  • Does he let you eat his food?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!