Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is there any point in doing more fox dens once you've unlocked all the charm slots?

Yeah you get some other quite useful charms I think. I've not got much beyond that stage though.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What's the co-op mode in this, standard campaign or a separate thing?

It has a story mode for 2 players, basically 9 short storys with 3 acts to each.

Survival mode, 4 maps and 4 flag/areas to protect from the horde of Mongol demons, up to 4 players.

Nightmare mode which is a weekly rotating story and survival mission each with new harder modifiers.

And raids, 3 story raids which are longer than the short 2 player storys and require a high gear score and 4 well equipped decent players.
    (First story raid took me near 2 hours other night) .

It's a lot of cool free content for when so is done and dusted and so much fun.

Hit me up on PSN for a team up folks.
    I luv it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm very bored of this. And want to stop. But I'm still playing.

Everything liberated. Find all the things. Just got side quests to go and my OCD won't let me quit now I'm so close to a platinum even though I'm not that close cos there's like 30 left and they're so quite slow to get through fuck this shit
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm very bored of this. And want to stop. But I'm still playing.

Everything liberated. Find all the things. Just got side quests to go and my OCD won't let me quit now I'm so close to a platinum even though I'm not that close cos there's like 30 left and they're so quite slow to get through fuck this shit

You don't need all the collectables for the platinum.

Edit: try legends mode it's more fun.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I've not got literally all the things, but all the things I need to have got an the things of.

Daren't try legends mode cos I want to stop playing this overall.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Platinum am get. Instantly then deleted cos I've ODed (though a few moderately fun bits in the sweep up). Need a break from 3rd person shizzle I think, which is a shame given HZD, Valhalla, Spidey, maybe Hitman, and more TloU were kinda up next. Guess the last of those of at least not open world... but maybe some short Indies is what I really need in the meanwhile...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Uncle is gonna be absolutely fuming that this is on bafta's shortlist of six for best game of 2020 #art #winning
  • Yeah but surely it’s gonna be trounced by LoU2 which has all the nominations I think?  I am considering giving it another go on PS5 but I think the 10 hours I gave it were probably more than enough to give me the impression of parp that I’m holding on to.
  • digi wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What's the co-op mode in this, standard campaign or a separate thing?
    It has a story mode for 2 players, basically 9 short storys with 3 acts to each. Survival mode, 4 maps and 4 flag/areas to protect from the horde of Mongol demons, up to 4 players. Nightmare mode which is a weekly rotating story and survival mission each with new harder modifiers. And raids, 3 story raids which are longer than the short 2 player storys and require a high gear score and 4 well equipped decent players. (First story raid took me near 2 hours other night) . It's a lot of cool free content for when so is done and dusted and so much fun. Hit me up on PSN for a team up folks. I luv it.

Never realised it was so fleshed out. Love the sound of the 2 player story mode.
  • Can you play co-op with one player on PS4 and one on PS5?
  • Pacing is always tricky for open world games. I got hung up on Act 1, and although I got to level up, gameplay started to drag a bit.
    In act 2, I only did the named character tales and the main story, plus a few shrines I found - these missions were far more fun that the other side quests which I can go back to and I've found the game more engaging for it.

Now I've hit act 3 and I love all the tonal shifts.
    I'm not sure why people have dismissed the narrative - I think there's some really strong npcs and solid villains. The other characters' tales I've found to be genuinely interesting.
    Spoiler:
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • What's the performance like for this on a base PS4? I'm borrowing Muzzy's copy and was planning an Astro/Tsushima double whammy when I get hold of a PS5, but that doesn't seem to be on the cards any time soon.

I'm ready for a full fat game and I've got access to this and Monster Hunter on Switch (neither of which I'm guaranteed to like tbh). I love the smoothness of 60fps but if this is locked at 30 on PS4 I don't suppose I'd have an issue with it, it's mainly stutters and hitches I can't stand.
  • Definitely wait to play it on the PS5 you mad man.
  • This is not the answer I was looking for!

@acemuzzy, any rush for the disc back?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's yours mate! We went halves one it didn't we?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What's the performance like for this on a base PS4?.

It runs extremely well on base PS4, which is no surprise really as it was specifically made to get the most out of the hardware, it's last hurrah so to speak. No stuttering and the load times are uncannily swift (before such things became di rigueur).
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • acemuzzy wrote:

Oh yeah. Did I transfer the money? If not it looks like you're getting a whopping discount on those GBA games.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What's the performance like for this on a base PS4?.

It runs extremely well on base PS4, which is no surprise really as it was specifically made to get the most out of the hardware, it's last hurrah so to speak. No stuttering and the load times are uncannily swift (before such things became di rigueur).

That's more like it, will install today for a look this evening. It's Jedi Fallen Order wandering framerates I'm looking to avoid so that sounds promising.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

Oh yeah. Did I transfer the money? If not it looks like you're getting a whopping discount on those GBA games.

Or did we just say I'd buy the next game?
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I played GoT on my then 6½ year old, struggling launch model PS4 and had precisely zero technical difficulties; it ran beautifully. I don’t even recall the fan hampering my enjoyment the way it did with RDR2 and others, but it may just be that the quality of the gameplay meant everything else was tuned out.

I recently played TLOU2 on a base PS4 and was astonished by how good it all looked.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

Or did we just say I'd buy the next game?

Lol can't really remember :-| - happy with either of those approaches, or if you'd rather test as a loan I can look to offload it once you're done (but still no rush...).
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    DrewMerson wrote:
    ...and others...
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    ...Jedi Fallen Order...

As I typed that, I couldn’t think of examples of ‘others’, but that’s one right there. That’s one to wait to play on PS5.

I've waited on that one and Control. Jedi is ready to go on my Series S (thanks to gamepass) and Control Ultimate Edition is ready (thanks to PS+) once I get a PS5.

I'm in the mood for proper swords rn though.
  • Started this last night but it was quite late so I'm still in the linear sections. Early thoughts are some of it looks superb and certain things don't feel quite right, but it's super early days and I'll have a proper go tonight. Kurosawa mode is great and if the first session is anything to go by I expect I'll flit between filters throughout. 30fps doesn't seem to be an issue (not even a hint of a stutter so far), and if the only difference between what I'm playing on a PS4 and what I could be playing on a PS5 is smoothness I reckon I'm happy to push on as I'm playing on standard difficulty.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Started this last night but it was quite late so I'm still in the linear sections. Early thoughts are some of it looks superb and certain things don't feel quite right, but it's super early days and I'll have a proper go tonight. Kurosawa mode is great and if the first session is anything to go by I expect I'll flit between filters throughout. 30fps doesn't seem to be an issue (not even a hint of a stutter so far), and if the only difference between what I'm playing on a PS4 and what I could be playing on a PS5 is smoothness I reckon I'm happy to push on as I'm playing on standard difficulty.

If you ever feel like giving the co op story's or horde type affairs a go give me a shout pal.
  • Might give the co-op a look at some point, thanks. Looks like I'm stuck with PS+ for a while as I'm addicted to Worms again.
  • They don't like it up 'em!
  • For all the horse punching chat with RDR2 I've already accidentally sliced my ride in this a few times. Need to get used to R2 as the action button.

Enjoying the game though. It seems content being an open world samurai game using a hodgepodge of existing open world templates, and I'm fine with that. It runs well on a standard PS4 too. I could pick a few holes in it and I probably couldn't pinpoint anything it's doing spectacularly well at this stage, but I'll be sticking with it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!