Gran Turismo 7 - PS5 reboot!
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    The handling is immense you can feel so much through the pad. Even under steer doesn’t feel to bad as you scrub speed and feel her drift to the edge of the track as you feed the power in. Loving the manual gears too

What assists do you have enabled? I've switched ABS and steering correction to weak for now.

Also, I've switched off those braking zone indicators. Have you noticed the speedometer in the HUD starts to go gradually red when you need to brake?

This being bonkers gran turismo
    I can’t even find a menu for assists??
    The Forum Herald™
  • It's in the Jazz Lounge.
  • Fuck me the scapes thing is like a fucking bespoke puzzle game just to get through the tutorial. I somehow quit back to scene select twice by accident
    The Forum Herald™
  • Racing on the wet in Mount Panorama with ABS dialled down is a blast! Great track.

The DualSense needs a little more resistance on L2 when braking though.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I tried turning off abs completely and the l2 gets a good degree more frisky.
    That may have been the fact that I locked up and crunched into just about every bit of Armco everywhere obviously but still.. it’s worth a tickle just to see.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Will give it a go (using weak). Does it affect L2 force feedback at all?
  • Where do I find the driving assists please?
    The Forum Herald™
  • My download seems to have frozen! Thought it would just download in the background but seems like you have to play the music mode maybe?
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • The Rear wheel drive cars are brutal if you're not smooth with the accelerator and you're just off and having to start again.. it's old school but I like it. Adds a sense of risk/reward.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Right I'm crumbling. Taking a few games to Game for a trade in purchase jobby. I'll see you all on the TT boards soon enough.
  • Do it! I've not really offered an overall opinion on the game yet since I wanted to get deeper into it, but already it has ticked all the boxes for me. It's pretty much everything I wanted and I feel like the game has an exciting future with the Sophy AI developments and track-record of post-launch support with GT Sport.

God, I just wish I had a racing seat set-up.

I propose we kick off a light-hearted distance race for the week using Music Rally. Furthest distance travelled wins. First track. Friend leaderboards are baked in I think. What say yous?
  • This looks alright on PS4, more appealing than PS5 even in certain areas. Are PS5s still like hen's teeth? Would consider getting a PS4 for this but they seem to be holding value.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Currently installing the "data disc" which takes me back to FM 3/4 days, lol.

Down for whatever TT-wise.
  • Bob wrote:
    Where do I find the driving assists please?

Pause game -> settings -> assist settings.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Where do I find the driving assists please?

Pause game -> settings -> assist settings.

You can adjust on the fly using the d-pad during a race too but it resets unless you do it in menu's.
  • That's just for TCS isn't it?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Or plenty of other stuff like brake balance if you buy the fully adjustable upgrades in gt auto I believe as well.

You have to go to the pause menu to have access to other assists like the abs, stability management, or counter steering stuff.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • When do you unlock the classic tracks? I wanna zoom about Trial Mountain and Tokyo Highway
  • No complaints so far on PS4, btw. Yeah the loading times can be a tiny bit long but nothing world-ending. Good time to take a sip of your tea, or check your phone. I don't mind it.

Won't comment on the visuals as I've clearly been spoiled gaming on a series x pretty much exclusively since it came out, but performance is more than stable here.
  • Ah, got the Tokyo Highway course place thing unlocked now.

Now we're talking.
  • It's linked in game, but worth posting here.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/apex/

The official guide with tuning advice and advanced stuff.
  • Just got a three star ticket ! Still
    The lowest prize
    The Forum Herald™
  • Okay after a lovely first few hours, I now seem to be in a run of muscle car races, snore, and the mission in the willys jeep seems to be broken. According to a quick Google, it's a bug where the car is fitted with soft tyres, not dirt ones. Ah. The slog begins.
  • Chilled out in Scapes instead. First real attempt:

k1qeviE.jpeg
  • Nice one. Retro vibes going on there.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Lovely pic Gav. That would make a lovely poster in 14 year old me’s bedroom
  • I've only done the one mission so far and that was the one in the cafe.

The Tokyo street circuit isn't the same one from previous games? I don't remember it going through the containers.. There's one hairpin where if you're not careful you understeer into the pits..

I like the 'mini game' with the manual gears for the optimum change.. you've got to change just before the rev counter hits maximum or it's too late by the time you've done it.

I really like how the camber and elevation are treated in this. It really effects how the car handles.. some of the tracks are really challenging much more so than in Forza.. you've really got to get everything right I'm doing the japanese tournament and the last corner at Fuji is really difficult to nail as is the final complex at Mount Panorama before as it starts to drop down is really challenging.

Blew all my money on a Ferrari F430 when it turned up in the used car garage but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Loving my Yaris GR and tuned her up to just below 600.
    The Forum Herald™
  • That Tokyo track is in GT Sport. I understeered there and went into the pits last night!

I spunked 350k on a McClaren 650S last night. Good value!

Is the Yaris the RZ "High Performance" once? It's great fun that. Slides right out on the corners, although that could be how I have my assists set.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Nice one. Retro vibes going on there.
    b0r1s wrote:
    Lovely pic Gav. That would make a lovely poster in 14 year old me’s bedroom

Cheers chaps. I've absolutely no idea how a camera operates btw, I just fiddle around until it looks nice. Some of the spots in Scapes are just beautiful though. Gotta wait for the right car. That one just fitted the GT86 so well, I thought.
  • Stunning pic, Gav.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!