Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yes I might.
  • Update is great, new master licence is tough and long.
    Can't gold them all....yet!
  • 4 player split screen mode in this day and age is certified NEATO imo.
  • Massive fucking update though .. my ps5 is going to end up a dedicated gt7 machine at this rate
    The Forum Herald™
  • Thats what mine is tbf. I will say 4 player split screen is a great idea.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Had a go last night. On the surface, it seems a generous update. Weekly challenges should mix things up nicely and there are some nice QoL improvements to the UI. Still some annoyances like when trying to enter the snow rally, I didn't have any snow tyres for the car I had equipped and now way to quickly buy/equip them without exiting the race selection.

Quick races with Sophy were solid. I still won easily, but I know that there are different Sophy levels of AI and not sure which ones I was racing against. Having this limited selection of Sophy AI races is just strange. Like an admission that the original AI isn't very good, but we are still stuck with it for the most part.

Will dig a bit deeper later.
  • @drumbeg: that's a gt sports shop at bottom of screen before you race where you can switch tyres now.
    Makes it so much simpler and easier.
  • I think it’s just in the quick race that you don’t get to access the race shop, but can dip into one of the other races, equip new tyres then back out a step.

I guess quick race difficulty translates to the different AI Sophy levels.
  • Haven't even looked at sophy stuff just been knocking out missions and nee licence stuff and trying some older missions I haven't done yet.
    F1500 in the rain is mental!
  • With the Sophy races, the opponent cars will be picked to match whatever car you are in BUT, you need to make sure your car is stock spec or thereabouts, otherwise you will be way OP and it wont present much of a challenge. Basically, the AI cars are picked based on the stock specs of the car you are in without upgrades.

All weekly challenges done. Can see myself dipping in for a few races each week. It's still a pleasure just tinkering with car customisation and playing around in Scapes.

The only thing missing in the game is a proper career mode. I still feel like it's missing that depth to really draw you in.

...not the only thing on reflection. There are all these elements in the game that could be combined to gather to make an incredible experience, but aren't. Imagine Sport mode but with dynamic weather. Imagine Sophy with grid starts or longer races. The tools are there, but PD just don't want to let us use them how we want. It's quite frustrating. I'm done with rolling starts for sure.
  • I've gotten into Sport mode again this week. There are now 3 time trials available, these are a great way to earn money. Just netting a bronze time will get you between 100,000 Cr - 250,000 Cr per event. Add this to the weekly challenge rewards, which this week is I think about 800,000 Cr across the 5 challengesl and you have a game that's a lot more generous with payout than it was in the past.

Back to Sport mode, the current race A in the McLaren 650 S (I think) is everything that's great about this game. It's a really hard car to control when under throttle, so the temptation to use TCS is real, but if you can master the car without TCS, then you have a big advantage as the difference in acceleration is hugely significant. The key is TCS set to 0 and then short-shift before you exit each corner. It's an absolutely brilliant test of skill and nerve. 

Also, it looks like there has been some major changes to how collision/penalties work. Penalties are being applied less often, but cars that are out of control or the ram-raid brigade are being ghosted out before they can cause issues to people racing clean. Quite hilarious to see someone attempting a ram and then going straight through you and into a sand trap.

The game still requires work to single player structure and AI, but I suspect some of the major issues may not be addressed until GT8.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!