Gran Turismo 7 - PS5 reboot!
  • Bob wrote:
    also the prize boxes appear to be pre-determined and not random at all ( I know shocker right?). Got awarded a car. Switched off as I assumed it auto saved. Next time I switch on it's not been opened. Open it again. Same result with teh same car.

I'd read about this elsewhere. I guess it's required to stop cheating. It's still randomised, but the randomisation is done as soon as you are awarded the ticket.
  • Have done the Kai car menu. Good fun actually. Did it in the Honda. It responds well to being thrown around a track and abusing the gears on corners is pretty rewarding. Instant traction. I did fit a turbo and some other bits in order to compete.

Shame about the reward, as it's a car I already have due to a recent Sport Race A.

GR.1 menu next I think.

Had a quick blast on the Sport mode TT. Quite limiting as it's just one track for a couple of weeks. No idea on what the rewards will be. Because it's asynchronous I'm wondering if the non-PSPlus heads can have a go too.
  • Got a 5 star roulette ticket this morning that gave me the AMG GT Vision. Beast. Wondering if this isn't so random as it ties in nicely with needing a Vision car for the new menu book.

So if you plan on having a crack at that menu, try doing your daily miles first and see what you get.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Got a 5 star roulette ticket this morning that gave me the AMG GT Vision. Beast. Wondering if this isn't so random as it ties in nicely with needing a Vision car for the new menu book. So if you plan on having a crack at that menu, try doing your daily miles first and see what you get.

Sweet.
    The Forum Herald™
  • 1,000,000 CR from the Vision Cup reward ticket. Nice.

Fun races these. The Vision Cup cars are all over the place. Some absolutely deadly on the straights but can't turn for shit and some with no power whatsoever.
  • Had a go on Laguna Seca S license last night and hit a wall, it's a toughie! Entry speed and line into the two right handers after the first hairpin is a right arse to get right.

Fair play davie, that is a time and a half you got there!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Have you watched the demo for that? I was seconds off the pace until I watched it. The speed feels insane on some of the corners.
  • No, what demo is that?
  • Eric wrote:
    No, what demo is that?

For each license test you can watch a demonstration. It's on the last menu page before you start a race.

Have dropped you a PSN request too.
  • Eric wrote:
    Had a go on Laguna Seca S license last night and hit a wall, it's a toughie! Entry speed and line into the two right handers after the first hairpin is a right arse to get right.

Fair play davie, that is a time and a half you got there!

Thanx pal.
    Like iv said previous though it's just a matter of going for gold time and moving on.
    Still can't beat the 2 I'm stuck on or that very first eco challenge on missions.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Eric wrote:
    No, what demo is that?

For each license test you can watch a demonstration. It's on the last menu page before you start a race.

Have dropped you a PSN request too.

Brilliant ! That's really useful especially as you can change view to suit, can't believe I missed that, I had just been using the ghost previously! Now noticed I was going wheeeeeeey too slow through the two left handers and managed to significantly improve my time (still silver mind).

Accepted friend request, look forward to chasing some of your times.

• Yeah, I was stunned when I saw the speed some of those corners can be taken at. Just a slight lift off the gas for a lot of them, then floor it.

I only have 1 S license gold to get now - the final exam. Touch the wet part of the track and you are toast!
  • Has anyone played Assetto Corsa Competzione? Just bought the Ps5 Day one edition for £19.99
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I got a three star ticket and one gold bar.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Final S-License exam done. Bloody hell, it's hard. It's so easy to lose control at any point. Kept TCS on 1 for my successful run.
    Spoiler:
  • The new Gr.1 Suzuka event is really good. Dynamic weather is in play and every time I race the strategy has been different. It's possible to do the full race without pitting if fuel racing measures are done, but it's a gamble to go with RH tyres as if it rains you need to pit and change anyway, meaning that time is lost for not going with RS.

The improved weather map makes a big difference. Beforehand, rain would just suddenly appear on the map as it started to rain, now it actually works properly and you can see the rain coming minutes in advance as well as being able to work out if its heavy rain or just a shower.

The 10 laps of this race are this game at it's peak I think. Dynamic weather, strategy, speed. It's all there.
  • Which is this drum? Sounds good
    The Forum Herald™
  • It's part of the new Gr.1 Menu Book. Go to Suzuka in World Circuits and it's the furthest event to the right. A mix of GR.1 and Vision cars. I've been racing in the Audi GR.1 and the Red Bull GT Vision thing.

One strategy is to set fuel map to 6 and/or use a little coasting/short shifting to get around without pitting. Very much depends on the car if you need to do both. RH tyres should handle a little shower if you take it easy.
  • I did the Kei car menu, it was fun! I bought the most recent Honda, the 2015 one, stuck a high rpm turbo charger and a spoiler on it, job's a good'n'.
  • I've been tinkering with tunings to get the most out of my 650s at Le-Mans. I'd previously fitted a racing gearbox, but the car was topping out at 181 MPH and red-lining for half of the track.

Have since adjusted the gearing and also added a high-RPM turbocharger to give it a boost on the straights. Seems to do the trick. I don't really know what the optimum settings are but it's nice to play around and now on the straights, the car still isn't quite hitting top speed (over 200MPH) before I have to slow for corners. Maybe I should shorten the gearings slightly?

I've also been playing around with downforce on a G1 car, but am not sure of how to set front downforce in relation to rear?
  • Quite engaged with the single player stuff at the mo, but this weeks races look good. Love me some Daytona.

• Are we not friends drum?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Of course. I think my driver name in game is D. Lawton.
  • Gran Turismo movie incoming, apparently. Was originally reported as a TV show, but that seems to be wrong.
  • So tried the weeklies last night.

Some terrible lag in the first race and as it's an oval there's not a lot of racing.. everyone is trying to get the slip stream and then inevitably there's contact.. I somehow had some one lag into me and then got a penalty and it's absolutely killer on this.. like everyone comes streaming past. Not a fan.

The second race is better as it's a good speed and got fast and slow corners.. will try and get a qualy time in.

I've been dropped back to D and A for sportsmanship too.
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Gran Turismo movie incoming, apparently. Was originally reported as a TV show, but that seems to be wrong.

It better star the kid from Tokyo Drift.

Also
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Gran Turismo movie incoming, apparently. Was originally reported as a TV show, but that seems to be wrong.
    It better star the kid from Tokyo Drift. Also
    Spoiler:

To be fair the plot of Guy buy used Honda Jazz and grinds out races for several hours to afford slightly better used Mazda Mx-5 while visiting cafe for menu books is probably a better art house film than binge worthy Netflix TV series.
    The Forum Herald™
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    So tried the weeklies last night. Some terrible lag in the first race and as it's an oval there's not a lot of racing.. everyone is trying to get the slip stream and then inevitably there's contact.. I somehow had some one lag into me and then got a penalty and it's absolutely killer on this.. like everyone comes streaming past. Not a fan. The second race is better as it's a good speed and got fast and slow corners.. will try and get a qualy time in. I've been dropped back to D and A for sportsmanship too.

‘Bump drafting’ has always been in racing though both real and Turismo. You get right up there and slipstream right up the chuff, give them a bit of a punt down the straights and everyone’s a winner. Now obviously there’s margins on the punt….
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I was just coming here to ask about the bump drafting. That's a real world thing then? Seemed really odd to me looking at footage of Race A.
  • Yeah I watched the video today no penalties applied so it’s a free for all
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!