Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So 1-1, 1-2, 3-1, 4-1 and 5-1 down. What’s next?
  • Or, 3-2, 3-3, 4-2, 4-3 etc.
  • I like doing all the 1s in a row, then after that I plough through each area one at a time.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    But you can't do all the 1s in a row, without doing another area
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    But you can't do all the 1s in a row, without doing another area
    Well, yeah, you'd do 1-2, but you get my point.
  • That’s the order I’m going through at the moment. Started 3-1 (Prison of Hope) and it is insanely atmospheric but a total maze.

And those Cthulhuesque enemies are a pain in the arse!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Any tips for Penetrator? Fought him once and I was penetrated.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Any tips for Penetrator? Fought him once and I was penetrated.

He's the most Souls-y of all the Demon's bosses, so it's very much a dodge and roll deal I'm afraid. If you got magic, keep your distance and pelt him. If you're melee, you'll have to roll and wait for openings. 

There is also something else that can help. 
    Spoiler:
  • Thanks. I have the key, but would never have worked out how to use it before the fight, so in this case it's a great spoiler.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I like doing all the 1s in a row, then after that I plough through each area one at a time.

this seems sound advice. I hadn't played in ages and remembering my way around the 3-1 took a bit of time.
  • Finished Prison of Hope this afternoon. Super atmosphere and a very tense journey through, especially as I couldn’t work out a shortcut back to the start.

Cleared the area and couldn’t decide whether to tackle the boss or bank my souls. Went ahead and gambled on the boss. Kinda glad I did as it was a fairly simple boss to defeat.

Cracking stuff.
  • I loved that level - it feels like a real place.  It’s brilliant.
  • Oh man I’ve complete cocked up 4-1 (Shrine of Storms). I struggled with it to begin with and died whilst human, meaning slightly more black tendency. Good news from that is the increase in souls and I’ve farmed it to level up loads. So I start exploring the level properly-however I stupidly decide to restore humanity whilst exploring and then get killed.

Full black world tendency.

Now whenever I spawn at the bonfire there’s some mental red phantom samurai bastard there who just doesn’t seem to die!!!!
  • Panic over. I defeated him.

Used the soul fragments to distract him so he didn’t heal himself.
  • Cracking session on this tonight. Finally, finally cleared 4-1 and beat the wierd massive fat boss on first attempt. Then made it through 5-1 in a few attempts and defeated Leechmonger first time. Then it was onto 2-2 which I went round the long way to collect items.

Had a go at Flamelurker and did pretty well for a first attempt-had him down to about 1/4 health but just got caught by a combo from him. I reckon I can deal with him nicely, especially if I remember to actually equip the flame resistant ring...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You’re just a little bit behind where I have got to. I got flamelurker on my third go. First go I nearly had him but totally screwed up my second attempt.

4-2 is pretty good after to farm souls. Not a lot of effort to get quite a lot.

I must go back to this now Returnal is done.
  • Flamelurker defeated second attempt.

Much better preparation this time and with all the flame resistant stuff, a bit of white sticky stuff and an upgraded sword...not too difficult.
  • And the dragon boss done too. Actually found Flamelurker to be easier. I really struggled with some of the timing of the dragon
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I found the Dragon tricky on the second stage, timing of the columns and destroying the rubble can easily catch you off guard.
  • Oh man the maneaters boss is giving me so much hassle. Really struggling with it
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Plus lols at the time you do the stairs up too fast and get frozen and killed and all those souls gone oh the memories
  • Two weeks later...two bloody weeks later and I have finally defeated those bloody maneaters!

I was on my feet for the entire second half of the fight, arms shaking, hands sweating - utterly terrified of making a mistake and falling off.

Oh boy did I celebrate when I twatted him.

Also did the boss straight after...the enemies on the approach were a tad annoying but then the boss was a cakewalk.
  • Nice one Aaron!

Tough fight those - deffo the biggest roadblock for me when I played the Remake. Where next?
  • Hmmm probably the next part of world 4 - the something path...
  • Well now...

I ventured to 1-3 to farm some health items and breezed through it. Unlocked the shortcut and then did the boss on my third attempt.
  • Whoop and then back to 4-2 and the boss done first attempt!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think it's fair to say you've broken the back of it!

Basically once you can do Maneaters, you're Peru much there!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!