DEMON'S SOUUULLLSSS
  • Yeah I feel like I’m well prepared for anything now. Just got world 5 to finish and then the final area of world 1.

What a game.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Absolutely smashed this last night. Worlds 2,3,4 and 5 completed and made it to Old King Allant. Had two attempts but failed on both, the second time mainly because I got lucky.

I think my strategy is correct but it’s just going to be a long and tricky fight.
  • I HAVE THE PS5 REMASTER!

\o/
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Enjoy!
  • Whoop! Enjoy it! It’s gorgeous.

I have hit another, possibly final, roadblock. Old King Allant is just proving insanely tough.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Actually beat him first time, unlike many of the earlier bosses. But I think cos I got gud at him back on the OG!

An all time top 5 boss IMO
  • I’ve done it...I’m actually shaking. Just hit that sweet spot where I knew all of his tells and had a plan for each one.

I went human for the winning attempt too. I think it massively helped having that extra chunk of health funnily enough!
  • And I’m finished...

What a game.
  • Get in! Nice work. Aaron - absolutely bosses it.

Thank you for mending the world.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    whoop whoop
  • So I’m trying this again…for the millionth time…but again…I just don’t get it. Where am I supposed to go and what am I supposed to do? I run around aimlessly for a while killing stuff until eventually bumping into something that kills me im one hit then back to the start again? Is there something I’m missing? I’m sure you’re all sick of me but when I run out of stuff to play I come back to this thinking surely I’ll get it this time but I really should just stop…
  • Which one are you playing, Demon’s on PS5?
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Which one are you playing, Demon’s on PS5?

Yep. Is there a map I’m missing or a point you’re supposed to be headed to that’s shown in some way? Just run around a castle killing the same enemies and eventually die somehow.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Have you got to the nexus yet, or not done the first boss?  Cos I can give some vague pointers if that would help you get to the real demon's souls??
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hoping the postie delivers for me tomorrow, cos I might even have a wee crack at it over the weekend :p
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    Which one are you playing, Demon’s on PS5?
    Yep. Is there a map I’m missing or a point you’re supposed to be headed to that’s shown in some way? Just run around a castle killing the same enemies and eventually die somehow.
    You find your own way. Generally, if you progress far enough, you'll open a shortcut that will help you get back to that point quicker when you die.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Have you got to the nexus yet, or not done the first boss?  Cos I can give some vague pointers if that would help you get to the real demon's souls??

Go for it. Don’t think I’ve taken on a boss aside from the first one you come across that kills you, which I guess is what sends you to the Nexus? Now I’m at a castle running around killing ghouls, soldiers, demon looking soldier things, with loads of blood that shows red dudes running around for a few seconds, loads of notes that tell you naff all, and eventually I get irritable and bored then die. Then repeat. It’s like Live. Die. Repeat only not good.
  • Each map is opened up through a series of shortcuts, normally via opening some kind of switch or gate, etc., making the run to the main boss quicker.

The boss in the first map is behind the big gate straight ahead of the bonfire you start at.

I’d recommend going to the gate then heading left first. When you get to the end of that path, you’ll have opened the portcullis back to the main gate. Then repeat the same with the path to the right.

You should be looking for better gear and to accumulate enough souls to level up. That will help you get stronger and then travel further.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Go for it. Don’t think I’ve taken on a boss aside from the first one you come across that kills you, which I guess is what sends you to the Nexus? Now I’m at a castle running around killing ghouls, soldiers, demon looking soldier things, with loads of blood that shows red dudes running around for a few seconds, loads of notes that tell you naff all, and eventually I get irritable and bored then die. Then repeat. It’s like Live. Die. Repeat only not good.

So yeah, loosely speaking...
    Spoiler:
  • I’ll try again later with said tips and info. I opened up the initial shortcut, and on that run dealt with the knights and the arrow dude to the right then eventually got foiled by a group of them further on when I was looking for a sign of what to do next…

Thanks for the help, will give it a few hours tonight before officially giving up…again…for the last time…again.
  • So I got stuck at
    Spoiler:
    for about 3 tries then smashed the rest of the game in.

So much easier than it was in Japanese.
    (Still miss you kilted_moose)

Just leant it and Spidey to knuckle (remember him?)
    Then il offer it on here.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    I’ll try again later with said tips and info. I opened up the initial shortcut, and on that run dealt with the knights and the arrow dude to the right then eventually got foiled by a group of them further on when I was looking for a sign of what to do next…

Thanks for the help, will give it a few hours tonight before officially giving up…again…for the last time…again.

Sounds like you're going the right way. If you go up the shortcut route, deffo head to the right not straight ahead to the tricky bit. There are a couple of clusters, but slow and steady / defend and roll / horde grasses / try to separate them and ideally parry/backstab, and you'll get there. Rush in head first and not so much...
  • Tried another couple of times…gave up in a huff. Returned it this morning. Last time I try…until next time…
  • Not a game for everyone, dude. You don’t necessarily have to like it. Me, I love the fact there is no blatant signposting or handholding.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Your prior copy has been safely received V - cheers buddy! Am contemplating a wizard build. Or maybe I should give DkS a revisit first, decisions decisions...
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Your prior copy has been safely received V - cheers buddy! Am contemplating a wizard build. Or maybe I should give DkS a revisit first, decisions decisions...

Glad it’s got there safe after your revelation!
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Not a game for everyone, dude. You don’t necessarily have to like it. Me, I love the fact there is no blatant signposting or handholding.

I’ve tried so many times as I just see all the love it gets in here but I just can’t get a grip of it. As you say dude, nothing is for everyone! Exchanged it for Village which I’ll go through again on hard then look for some other stuff in the collection before the new releases next month.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Had this installed on my PS5 since it came out. I really should have a bash sometime.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Played this up to giant Knight fellow, beat him first try, plenty of running to safety to heal up, before bringing him down.

Not sure if it’s the new lick of paint, but this game gives me the feels. Really enjoying the combat and feels like any other Souls.

Now on the hunt for a heavy long sword to put my upgrade materials into.
    Things can only get better.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Can any of you lovely people help me out with the online trophies? I need to jolly coop with you and kill a boss, then invade and kill you. It can be done with the private password settings, so hopefully quick & easy.

Not tonight, just the next time you have a spare 15 mins.
  • Curtis wrote:
    Can any of you lovely people help me out with the online trophies? I need to jolly coop with you and kill a boss, then invade and kill you. It can be done with the private password settings, so hopefully quick & easy.

Not tonight, just the next time you have a spare 15 mins.

I’m sure I can help with this, Curtis.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!