The July 2020 Xbox Games Showcase of Only Games, For Gamers
  • Master Chief is a man of few words but he does speak and with that voice.
  • Voice sounded different to me.

Can anyone give me a tl;dr on gamepass pricing? Is there still omd deals going on where I can get it for silly money?
  • I've said it in the next gen thread, but my feeling is that this was more about selling gamepass than the series x. The series X is just the most high spec machine for gamepass. But its all about gamepass for MS. 

Some of us have been saying for a while that it seems Microsoft sees Xbox more as a games brand than a games console (hence the PC availability stuff) but I think this really felt like Microsoft saying that they dont care what you play on - just play it on gamepass with a gamepass sub.,
    SFV - reddave360
  • nick_md wrote:
    Can anyone give me a tl;dr on gamepass pricing? Is there still omd deals going on where I can get it for silly money?

I signed up for a quid just recently, so that deal’s still on.

Buy prepaid codes for Xbox Live Gold from the cheapest place you can find (I used CDKeys). You can stack up a max of three years in advance. Then sign up for the ‘upgrade to Gamepass Ultimate for £1’ deal. Your one-off payment of a quid converts your three years of Gold into three years of Ultimate. After three years it’ll go up to £10.99 a month, or whatever the price is by then.
  • Sweet, thanks Pop, I'll get on that.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I didn’t realise halo infinite is going to be halo being destiny 2. All the games will be in the shell of halo infinite.
    What does this mean pls?  Haven't played Destiny so not quite sure about the format (assumed it was a sort of Phantasy Star Online in FPS form where you get teams together to tackle stages/missions)

Basically any new Halo releases for the next 10 years will not be standalone releases, they will all be added to Halo Infinite.
  • Ah okay.  That's what I want Nintendo to do with Kart/Golf etc.  Get the template bang on then add to it with more stuff at dlc prices as and when, rather than charging full whack again.

Edit: In this case I presume anything added will be part of a gamepass sub too.  Like it.
  • Isn't that effectively what they've already done? They only release one game a console cycle. Due to their slow acceptance that the internet exists I don't think they really could have brought things forward, and I suppose the complete redesign of control schemes would also hamper things.
  • They've been moving that way with certain franchises for sure, there are examples as far back as Wii U/3DS too, but never such a long term plan.  Captain Toad has received extra content a gen later for example, would make sense for them to do the same with MK8 imo.
  • Went back and watched it all at 4K60 and I will say Halo does look class tbh. That's a proper pistol that one.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Where is that stream Gav? The Xbox one I watched was only 1080p.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I watched the 4k stream and it does have a nice look to it for sure. The guns don't look right, though.

In hindsight on yesterday, I think Giant Bomb put it best in that I was ...whelmed. whoever started the rumour of a ton of mic drops is off their head and another lesson about the internet. I think Destiny 2 showing up was as bad as leading with GTA5 in selling a new console, but fuck me, stalker 2 is actually real is up there with a new persona game or the mass effect trilogy remaster for me. State of decay needs to disappear, it is a boring ass franchise. And fable needed more, moreness. I can't see us seeing that game before 2022.
  • Hmm, i think it looks good. Although i wouldnt buy a new console for it, so i'm happy i can play on current Xbox One X
  • b0r1s wrote:

https://youtu.be/F7nkg_5ZfrM
  • I definitely thought it looked a bit off, I mean it looks fine and it's great that it's so smooth and stuff, but I would have expected to see far more ambitious visuals considering the power of the underlying hardware. Maybe it's just the artstyle or something, or perhaps they are aiming to get it running smoothly across all machines with minimal visual differences.
  • What I will say though is the thing that looked most next gen actually was Destiny 2 lololol. Dat bungo art direction so gooooooooood. Looked superb, can definitely see myself going back into the numberwang.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It is weird that the halo people would buy a new console for a new halo. I can't imagine I would do the same with a new mario/splatoon/fucking anythjng probably on nintendo
  • It's because you're not a real fan, Reg. Probably don't even have a Mario tattoo.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You think that
  • I finally saw halo. Looks good, I recant my comments in the halo thread. Grappling looks like something that could make for a nice dynamic battle flow like doom 2016 or witch time.

It could actually be the mgsv (great gameplay, shit story) of the series.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    It is weird that the halo people would buy a new console for a new halo. I can't imagine I would do the same with a new mario/splatoon/fucking anythjng probably on nintendo

Are you talking about people upgrading their console here?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:

https://youtu.be/F7nkg_5ZfrM

Cheers. This was the one I watched last night but there was no option above 1080p. I watched a stand alone Halo 4K gameplay video and without the artifacts it looked better.
  • What I will say though is the thing that looked most next gen actually was Destiny 2 lololol. Dat bungo art direction so gooooooooood. Looked superb, can definitely see myself going back into the numberwang.

Crossfire looked like it was chucking around a bunch of effects. Didn't ever get a super clear look though.
  • regmcfly wrote:

Is halo infinite aiming to be like fortnite? Playable on any format, any spec? Maybe that's what they are going for?

SFV - reddave360
  • No
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • regmcfly wrote:

Post of the decade

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • The one thing I learned from all this Xbox stuff is apparently there is a very vocal and angry contingent of Halo fans out there who do not like that Master Chief can sprint, they feel it is a corruption of the whole game and has ruined Halo.
  • Have you been missing in Halo since before Reach?
  • Tempy wrote:
    The one thing I learned from all this Xbox stuff is apparently there is a very vocal and angry contingent of Halo fans out there who do not like that Master Chief can sprint, they feel it is a corruption of the whole game and has ruined Halo.
    They've been ranting about it for the best part of a decade mate.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!