Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, I can't remember the last time I added someone who wasn't from here. Fuck, I can't remember the last time I even spoke to a random.
  • n0face wrote:
    My biggest disappointment has been the fragmentation of the 'live' service. In the early days there were a couple of great games everybody had, there was no party chat, and the matches were epic. I met loads of great people some of who I still play with and had a laugh in game, sure there were plenty of dicks but the insults were as much fun as the camaraderie. Now everybody's playing a different game, the only people talking are idiots given free reign and I can't remember the last time I buddied up with a stranger. In my opinion the sense of gaming community that was there is gone.

+1 n0face
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    As this generation is now in it's twilight and it's only a matter of time before we see new consoles announced by Microsoft and Sony, what were you hoping to get from the current crop that never appeared?  Anyone else hoping to get something from this wave of consoles that hasn't been delivered?

Team ICO's next game. It'll appear. One day. And then I will remember why it is that I love games so much.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I think the community will gather again for the next gen. New hardware and a smattering of release titles will see to that. Doubtless the fragmentation will occur again, I think the length of this gen has magnified that.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins wrote:
    I think the community will gather again for the next gen. New hardware and a smattering of release titles will see to that. Doubtless the fragmentation will occur again, I think the length of this gen has magnified that.
    I'm looking forward to new hardware, but I think we'd be very lucky if the start of the next gen is as varied and experimental as the start of this one. There's hardly any developers capable of making AAA on-line games on this hardware and they're almost all locked into the same old franchises.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The my-dad-could-have-your-daddedness of the online world.
  • WorKid wrote:
    I have to put Kinect down as a major disappointment. It seemed to have a lot of potential, but as well as a few technical issues, it's suffered from a lack of support, including from MS.
    I'd have to disagree with that.

I could never see the point in it in the first place.
  • JonB wrote:
    WorKid wrote:
    I have to put Kinect down as a major disappointment. It seemed to have a lot of potential, but as well as a few technical issues, it's suffered from a lack of support, including from MS.
    I'd have to disagree with that. I could never see the point in it in the first place.

I like to sit on the couch until half midnight playing games. 
    I have had a busy day already thank you very much.
    My wife would complain if I started jumping about the room. 
    I don't have living room like the barns everyone seems to have in the adverts.
    the software has been uninspired party games or very just 'wasted opportunities'
    I don't actually have an xbox so this is irelephant
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrBSccbJMjmtGMQ_VdQoRSmUZj92O0id1qRKX2zp2bN6zzssZO
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I have enjoyed kinect for all the interesting things modders have managed to do, I enjoyed a game for 20 minutes or so before I decided to bring my settee back into the room and have a sit down.
  • I think it's been worth it for UFC Trainer.
  • I think it was worth it for Child of Eden, and I love being able to voice control the dashboard.  It's great for things like Netflix too.  

I look forward to future applications.  Genuinely excited about the Nike tie-up.
  • Really?

Even though the Kinect is always plugged in, I never use it for anything but games.
  • In previous gens we got san Andreas and yoshis island for send offs. This time we for internet explorer for ecksbocs.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Short-tail periph support goes right back to the Nintendo Zapper. If not earlier. The Menacer was backed at launch with big talk in light of that, but in the end it was only to be T2: The Arcade Game found pissing in the water well.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm surprised Microsoft have done such a number on Sony in the current gen. Alot for MS to be smug about I think.
  • Tonight I watched some stuff on Netflix, and only touched the 360 to turn it on. Everything else with voice or waves of the hand.

Why are you all still turning controllers on for this sort of thing??
  • Speed of use? I don't have a Kinect so I don't know how quick it is to find things with compared with using a controller, but I know I can scroll through things extremely fast with a pad when I want something. How does Kinect hold up?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It takes me all of one second to pick up my remote, so unless you can do something like say 'sci-fi' and be instantly whisked to that genre then I don't see the point and will stick to using Netflix on my PS3 with a remote.
    Get schwifty.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Tonight I watched some stuff on Netflix, and only touched the 360 to turn it on. Everything else with voice or waves of the hand. Why are you all still turning controllers on for this sort of thing??

Because it's quicker.
  • A pad came with my Xbox and if it breaks new pads are cheaper than Kinect.
  • Exactly. I was hoping for a Kinect price-cut at E3, cos I'm actually interested in using it for the same functions as Elm describes, but there's no way I'm even getting a pre-owned one at today's prices.
  • Kinects looks huge as well. No way the mrs would want it near the telly. would need to be packed away after every session

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I forgot we were looking for some E3 price cuts. Sony and MS really are happy with things as they are just now.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Well that's better than using your fists.
  • Kinects looks huge as well. No way the mrs would want it near the telly. would need to be packed away after every session

Have you got a 14" telly?
  • Tempy wrote:
    A pad came with my Xbox and if it breaks new pads are cheaper than Kinect.

Talking to Kinect will not break it.
  • It might break my sense of self respect.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Kinects looks huge as well. No way the mrs would want it near the telly. would need to be packed away after every session

Have you got a 14" telly?
    well not the telly..

• I think as someone already said elsewhere, using Kinect for the dashboard is a solution to a problem that never existed in the first place. I tend to spend a few seconds finding something I want with a pad - I even switch the machine on from the pad, so that saves me getting up in the first place! - and I don't need to wave my arms about. If someone's invented a slightly quicker way of doing something that was already plenty quick, then meh.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    A pad came with my Xbox and if it breaks new pads are cheaper than Kinect.

Talking to Kinect will not break it.

This does not strengthen your arguement!

I don't have the room for it anyway, as Jon says it is a solution for a problem that doesn't exist, my pad is on the windowsill next to my bed, I turn it on from there and don't have to get up to do anything, I just lay in bed watching Breaking Bad, woo!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!