Movie Record 2021 Edition
  • 46.Tremors
    Still brilliant and the kids really enjoyed it. 9

47. Primer
    Incredibly low budget and extremely obtuse, but was compulsive viewing even when I didn't know what the fuck was going on. 7
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Primer was very good
    PSN - minkymu
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Army of the Dead I wasn't going to but I did.   Smart zombies are a stupid idea. And the annoying daughter? Please.  Too long and it really sags in the middle - I very nearly gave up. 

And what a waste of what could have been a splendid caper / classic zombie hybrid film.

I like the big lad Bautista.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I have been to see a few films since the cinemas reopened, including some of the Oscar winners, e.g. Judas and the Black Messiah, Nomadland and The Father, but Nobody is easily the most deserving of a watch so far.
  • 68. The Amusement Park
    A restored, unreleased until 2019, Romero, short educational film from 1973 on ageism. An old man encounters analogous instances of elder abuse on a day out to an amusement park. 7
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins wrote:
    68. The Amusement Park
    A restored, unreleased until 2019, Romero, short educational film from 1973 on ageism. An old man encounters analogous instances of elder abuse on a day out to an amusement park. 7
    Read an article on that recently - sounds really interesting. That was the one commissioned by the Lutheran Society wasn't it?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Aye, supposedly pulled because it was too edgy. It probably was back then, it isn't now. Worth a watch as a curiosity.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • 69. Bloody Birthday
    Surprisingly enjoyable 1981 slasher lite. Three little shits, all born during an eclipse, team up ten years later to wreak murderous havoc in sleepy Meadowvale. Couple of decent kills, little gore but lots of boobies. 7

Pretty decent title and poster combo too.

MV5BM2I5ZDk1YmEtMGRiNS00NTk0LWEyNWMtMzkyMTI5YjRlYzYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR70,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
  • 54. In & Of Itself Recording of a New York one-man stage show that's part illusions but mostly something else. Don't really want to say much more about it except that if you're curious you should watch it and go in blind. [9.5]
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Seems unstreamable in the UK
    Download a rip of it here.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Nice. I've been thinking about it a fair amount since I watched it. I hope that if you watch it you like it too. I think what he's trying to achieve could easily have not landed but it worked for me.

Really wish I could have seen the live version, I think it would have been a cool experience.
  • I watched Brightburn on Netflix last night, thought it was very good.  The
    Spoiler:
    was fantastic.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Saw In the Earth at the cinema last night. Quite the audio/visual experience although I couldn't quite see the woods for the trees by the end, which is my opinion of most of his projects – intriguing but often dissatisfying.
  • 70. The Mutilator (a.k.a. Fall Break)
    Apeshit battle axe wielding nutjob bothers wisecracking vacationing youths in this 1984 slasher. An extra half mark for the final flourish that sees the nutjob's severed torso have just enough life left in it to chop off a cop's leg. Watchable. 6.5
  • 56. Spiderman Far From Home
    A fun movie to go back into the Marvel universe after Endgame. Solid throughout and good action stuff.
    [7]

57. Luca
    Pixar's need to cram a formulaic story into all of their movies ruined this one for me. Meant there was way too much time spent on characters and stories that just didn't need to be there. Could have been a cute little film about friendship but just ended up being watered down.
    [5]

58. Stand By Me
    Had to go watch a good film about young friendship straight after Luca. Still holds up and the kids feel like real friends and real people.
    [8]
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Stand by Me is a top film. If I had to score it I’d give it a 9. Those kid performances are all so strong.
  • Yeah, I mean scores are pretty arbitrary but it's definitely an all timer. Has me keen to rewatch Mud now too.
  • Not a film, but started the extras on the Criterion Parasite. As to be expected, they are really good. An interesting take on the interview with the director was him being presented with just one word and then talking about it. 
    I have only seen the film once but watching him, the DP, editor and Production Designer explain their choices and processes to get it to the screen make me want another viewing sharpish.
    Very happy to have the new Memories of Murder here, can’t wait to rewatch this masterpiece.
  • Where’d you get it? Good price? I was going to try WowHD site.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I want them both! But US only at the moment. :(
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • @elf Used to use Wow but they fucked me over, quite bad experience. I actually tried eBay for Parasite then Amazon US for MoM. Was expecting custom charges because Canaries are terrible for that but nothing happened.
  • As for price, both worked out about 30 euros delivered, which I was happy with.
  • As for tonight, after watching ISOD2 I am watching Demons for the first time. Been getting into my 80s horror, looking forward to it!
  • Yes, Demons... I've got that and Demons 2 on the watchlist.
  • Really weird… Was talking to Erika about ISOD2 over lunch (I just watched the Demons bit last night) and she started talking about it. She said she had to walk out of the cinema as it was so freaky. 
    I finished Jasón 6 yesterday, always think of you in your outfit with the chicken :)
  • 71. Urban Legend
    Lame 1998 Scream clone with a lol parka sporting axe wielding chip on shoulder nutjob who uses said urban legends with which to end its victims. 5
  • Ah Urban Legend, was a bit of a sucker for that one.
  • Hyde wrote:
    As for tonight, after watching ISOD2 I am watching Demons for the first time. Been getting into my 80s horror, looking forward to it!

ISOD2?
  • In Search of Darkness 2.
  • They made a sequel?! I must see that.
    Just finished In Search Of The Last Action Heroes
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!