Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Bonkers.

Effing bonkers.

And a bit annoying because if he really tried he could be brilliant in that role.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    Bonkers.

Effing bonkers.

And a bit annoying because if he really tried he could be brilliant in that role.

I agree. Im thinking face off Cage levels of intense

PSN - minkymu
  • Watch Vampire's Kiss, done.

A! B! C! D!...
  • I really liked Vast of Night too although I had to really concentrate to understand their mumbling.
    A very confident first film
  • 118. Tremors
    Still excellent. Looks amazing in 4K apart from some grainy scenes where I imagine the source film was not great. It still holds up because the characters are fun and the practical effects are really smartly done.
  • 119. Dune
    As great as I figured a new Villeneuve movie would be. He just is able to make great creative choices. I especially love how much texture there is in his sets and designs. Music was great here too. I think maybe the heightened high sci-fi fantasy of it maybe put a bit of coldness to it that stopped me from being fully immersed in the film but I still had a great time with it.
    [8]
  • 38. PTU - 4 Dec
    My first Johnnie To movie. All taking place in one night in Hong Kong. It has humour, tension, suspense, action, atmosphere, style. Great fun.
    [8]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I finished John Wick 2. Kinda more if the same but pretty entertaining. He sure makes certain of reach kill. Now to track down the third... and then probably a matrix binge...
  • I’d have a break before JW3, it’s great but it really is just lots more of the same.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • No Time To Die
    An adequate Bond movie, which is nice after the last two or three being hollow shells of things.
  • 39. Drive My Car - 5 Dec
    Slow, ponderous tale of people wondering who they are and whether we know who other really deep inside etc.  I think.  Difficuly to place, but a very thought provoking movie.
    [8]
  • poprock wrote:
    No Time To Die An adequate Bond movie, which is nice after the last two or three being hollow shells of things.

Watched that last night, and would agree. I felt that most of my enjoyment however came from leaning heavily on nostalgia (and particularly OHMSS), rather than anything necessarily in the movie itself. Rami Malak also seemed unbelievably badly cast given the supposed age of the character he's playing.

The bit with her from Knives Out seemed to belong to a parallel universe where the Daniel Craig Bond movies were actually fun.
  • Ana de Armas was definitely the best thing about the whole film. I’d watch a spin off with her leading.

I don’t get all the love for Rami Malek. He was wooden in Mr Robot and he’s been wooden in everything since. Freddie Mercury has been his best role so far, and he didn’t act much in that, he just wore the moustache well.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Having seen a few bad Movembers in my time wearing a moustache well is not a skill to be under appreciated.
  • 78. Zombieland
    Just great fun from start to finish - from Eisenbergs neurotic narration, to Woody Harrelsons deranged redneck and that superb cameo it zips along and never outstays it's welcome. 8
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Zombieland is really good fun. I watched the sequel recently and, whilst not as good, it's well worth checking out.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    91. Ghostbusters: Afterlife
    If you love Ghostbusters then you'll probably get enough out of this to make it worthwhile. The shift in view from the OG busters to a group of kids gives in an 80s adventure movie vibe and the kids are all decent. The action set pieces are a bit underwhelming and the nostalgia is overpowering at points but a fun watch all the same. [5]

92. Why Don't You Just Die!
    I can't recall where I heard about this but it popped up on Film4 recently. A small production but uses that to its advantage with some clever scene setting and a really oppressive atmosphere at points. It's got a streak of pitch black humour and OTT gore but ultimately isn't quite as cool as it seems to think it is. There are some inventive moments, a few great shots but a few camera tricks that are over used. Hard to recommend but might appeal more if it sounds up your street. [5]

93. Eternals
    Not a huge amount to say on this one - it doesn't deserve the panning it seems to have received but it also doesn't deliver on what it's trying to do. I do think it's positive that Marvel are prepared to take a few gambles (easy with all that money in the bank I guess) and there a few GOTG-ish aspects that I enjoyed but main issues were a messy/boring plot and an ensemble cast that didn't really seem to gel. [6]
  • Did you see Ghostbusters in the cinema or is it on the high seas?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Cinema so can’t help with high seas navigation.
  • Good man.
    Want to see it but I just can't risk the cinema
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Yeah, I’m careful to choose quiet showings in smaller cinemas.
  • It’s nice to have that option. There’s a newish cinema near me that is pretty much dead during the day so I’ve gotten to see a few films with just me with the whole cinema to myself. Very handy in this open Covid world.

Shame you didn’t like eternals Cosby. I loved it. Possibly helped by seeing it at imax but also just seeing a superhero film where they filmed things in real locations! Makes such a huge difference to the light. Similar thing with Dune that makes it feel fresh.

I hope they keep letting filmmakers make films their way though. Having unique filmmaking visions present these stories will go a long way to keeping the MCU enjoyable and interesting
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    With Eternals, I did get the impression the mix of director style and studio requirements to include certain beats or elements didn't help the final film. Interesting point about locations though, that did make a difference compared to those massive green screen efforts.

I'd be interested to watch it again at some point and see how it holds up. Did you see the post-credits?
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • I imagine with the new blade they might aim for a 12a? Either way you can have a blade without major blood letting. The vamps just burst into flames/ashes when sliced, stabbed or shot??
    PSN - minkymu
  • Most MCU movies are already 12A anyway? Eternals certainly was.
  • They’re certainly pushing higher and higher. I was certainly surprised by the
    Spoiler:
    In eternals.

Will be interesting to see if they actually end up making Dr. Strange 2 spooky
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Drive My Car tomorrow. Hype for it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!