What games would you like to see remastered?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:

Escape from the planet of the robot monsters is definitely a good nostalgia shout nick_md.

Loved it as a kid, no idea if it was any good, but even then I enjoyed the 50s b-movie sci-fi of it.
  • An upgraded Sega Model 1/2/3 collection with the 'press select for OG arcade graphics' thing would get pre-ordered in a heartbeat. Virtua Racing, Sega Rally, Virtua Fighters, Virtual On, Daytona, Last Bronx, Virtua Striker, Scud Racer, even Virtua Cop with the Dual Shock gyro, I'd play it. Would take a lot of work presumably, but oh boy.
  • I fucking loved Virtua Cop, number 2 especially. I could 1cc it having spent a few months in a bowling league back in the day, the highlight of which was playing VC2 after. Also borrowed a Saturn+lightguns and VC1 from my brother's mate. Used to love lightgun games.
  • My mate's rabbit bit through the wire to my Virtua Cop gun.  And his brother wiped my Landstalker save.  He tried to get in touch last month after 15 years or so.  NOPE.
  • I did get stoned once with a guy I didn't know in the cab office at the top of my road. Went home to get the aforementioned mate's MDII & Micro Machines 2, played it for about 4hrs, left it there overnight and never saw the cab guy or the console again. So maybe we're already even.
  • Brooks wrote:
    I might be alone in really enjoying the iterative public progress of a title e.g. No Man's Sky, Destiny. I could scoff TWAB patchnotes all year, and indeed have.

Nah I dig em.

Not sure if you're enjoying the lols of the patch notes or the results of the process, but I dig seeing noticeable improvement in warframe in pretty quick time in the same fashion.

I'll co-sign Panzer Dragoon Saga.

(I'm right in saying it's basically impossible because the original code is MIA, aren't I?)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    None. I want creative people to be allowed to be creative on new things, not remaster 10 year old AAA games everyone played before, but now I can pay 60 quid for the same with everything fucked around with arbitrarily and some RTX added. Wowee.

Occurred to me last night we could still play Tag 2, VF5 and others if you bought an S like me, and netcode aside they hold up. If they added rollback and online teams I'd dive straight back in (shoulda both been there at the start).

But there's a big ol' generation lost to pre-online times, and I'd back remasters of some of those. Like Twisted Metal 2, which still has brilliant level design, it just needs smartened up graphics and less janky handling. Maybe a few balance adjustments and weapon tweaks.

Gran Turismo with updated graphics and six-player online races; nothing else changed.

Other games simply need to be made: OutRun 3; SWAT 5; TT Superbikes 2; Virtua Fighter 6; MAG 2; WipEout Fury 2...

monkey wrote:
    Treasure Island on the C64.

Hark at the 64 fanboy with his shrill audio and easyman pirates! Plus/4 is best version.
  • Was trying to check myself re code for pd Saga.

From the wiki

"The project was arduous and repeatedly delayed; incorporating the series' shooting elements with full 3D computer graphics and voice acting, both unusual features in RPGs at the time, pushed the Saturn to its technical limits and strained team relations. Two staff members died during development, which director Yukio Futatsugi attributed to the stressful working conditions of the video game industry."

Fuck.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    My soul for a Dead Space 1-2 remake

I'm actually tempted to start up dead space 2 again, it's on gamepass. Although probably doesn't look as well as I remember it.

I posted a pic on twitter of firing up DS1 on my Series X last week. Still a looker.

brd6t3V.jpg
  • I quite liked DS
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • All of Bethesda's recent Fallouts and Elder Scrolls could do with being remastered with an actually competent game engine, so you don't have to faff about for hours and hours just to get them running at high refresh rates or perform reasonably. Been playing Fallout 4 a bit recently and while it has some impressive world design it's a total piece of shit technically.

Ace Combat 6 PC remaster would be ace.

Okami again but this time with more than 30 fucking FPS.

Oh NaisanceE would be nice with an Unreal 4 update, so it will run smoother and nicer. Antichamber also.
  • Iss2000. Greatest football game ever. Barely ran with the n64 expansion pack. Would be great to see a remaster.

How much better would Turok have been without all the mist/fog

Original tomb raider

Ocarina?

I think for some games it’s just improving the frame rate.

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    (I'm right in saying it's basically impossible because the original code is MIA, aren't I?)

The recent release of Mario 64 source code was because it had become possible to have machine learning reverse engineer source code that would be identical to the final code when compiled, not a leak from Nintendo. I don't know if Saturn code would be more complicated due to being on optical media or due to the complex architecture of the system but surely it should be possible in the relatively recent future if not right now.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Facewon wrote:

The recent release of Mario 64 source code was because it had become possible to have machine learning reverse engineer source code that would be identical to the final code when compiled, not a leak from Nintendo. I don't know if Saturn code would be more complicated due to being on optical media or due to the complex architecture of the system but surely it should be possible in the relatively recent future if not right now.

They did what now....?

Mind blown gif. Etc.
  • Is there an article of this reverse engineering. I would like to read. Sounds interesting.
  • Echo the mentions for F-Zero, 1080 Snowboarding and Wave Race - all three I'd never played before the N64/Gamecube iterations so didn't know the history but enjoyed immensely...1080 in particular just felt a nice game to play.

ISS2000 (or ISS64) would be welcomed too, someone mentioned there's not a decent arcade football game anywhere and whilst not quite Virtua Striker it does bridge the fun vs realism gap nicely (talking of arcade football, Sega Soccer Slam was decent).

I'm assuming we'll get a Zelda and Metroid pack of sorts for the Switch this year with it being the 35th anniversary, and I hadn't picked up until this weekend that Donkey Kong turns 40 this year and Pokemon 25 so maybe they'll do something for those too?
  • I'd like Ocarina done right. Would really benefit from a graphics update and taking away the fog of the hyryle field. Wouldn't want the game play to change much
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Maybe 1080, but only so I can understand the lyrics in the soundtrack. It drove me crazy.

WTF is he saying?
  • I loved the whole front end of 1080.
    "TEN EIGHTYYYYYY"
    That snare/bang sound when you select anything.
    Announcing the rider names
    "KENSUKA KIMACHI"
    "DION BLASTEEEEER"
  • Loved 1080, great game. There was a sequel right on GC right? Never played it but heard it wasn't as good.

Big shout for both ISS64 games too.
  • RICKKKYYY WINTERBOOORNE
  • I remember the clothing ripple effects absolutely blowing my mind at the time, like Dhalsim fire levels of mind blow.
  • It was quite Sega-esque in its presentation actually.
  • Amped was amazing on 360, a new gen version of that would be great. Hopefully now Tony Hawk came back strong we'll see a resurgence of 'extreme sports' games
  • Also I love knuckle huck:

OlkBw78JIM4

Someone fix my link :(
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I quite liked DS

And then he became a mod and quit the kebabs.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Iss2000. Greatest football game ever. Barely ran with the n64 expansion pack. Would be great to see a remaster.

How much better would Turok have been without all the mist/fog

Original tomb raider

Ocarina?

I think for some games it’s just improving the frame rate.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Turok doesn't work without the fog because to help with limitations of the systems, the dinosaurs don't move or possibly appear until you are within X range of them.
  • Reading Stubbs the Zombie is an automatic trigger for me mentioning the soundtrack. Hopefully it makes the jump intact (haven't had a chance to read the article yet).
  • Turok and Turok 2 have already been redid with heavily reduced although still present fog.

The fog distance issue was likely true on molded versions but would be fixable with effort from devs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!