Should I let my 4 year old play Quake 2?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    The first film I watched as a kid that affected my dreams was The Birds. Not nightmares but I did dream a lot about birds swarming.

Films back then though - there just wasn't the scare filled stuff that you get now - even cheap crap can have good jump scares in them.

The fuck there wasn't the cheap scares. They were just fewer. This is still the jump scare that affected me the most.

• Look and Read Dark Towers scared me as a kid.
    Its something about the shonkiness that makes it unsettling.
    Fun fact the Knight at the end was played by Peter Mahew of Chewbacca fame.
  • I don’t have any little ones yet but reading this is very interesting. I’m very much in the ‘didn’t do me any harm camp’ but that could very well change when it happens.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Look and Read Dark Towers scared me as a kid.
    Its something about the shonkiness that makes it unsettling.
    Fun fact the Knight at the end was played by Peter Mahew of Chewbacca fame.
    There’s one bit of that where a ghost turns up in a bed. I was so upset at school that they took me out of the class whenever they showed them again.

Also terrified of that library ghost in Ghostbusters.
  • Well if we’re now just discussing stuff that scared us when we were young, then I give you ‘Chocky’:

https://youtu.be/wvTHoEICsWE

Even now it creeps me out. And it was only an ITV kids show.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • I had night terrors when I was a kid. They got so bad my parents took me to the doctors. Apparently one of the things I'd wake up screaming about were the Gummi Bears. So there's really no telling what might upset a kid's mind.
  • Exactly, Moot, exactly...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!