Elden Ring
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I killed one of those troll things by hacking at its legs whilst riding my horse really fast in between them. What do I win?

However many runes it gave you.
  • That's
    Spoiler:
    cleared - extremely unpleasant. Those frigging Knights are a pain in the arse.

I've completely lost track of what I'm supposed to be doing. If I could change one thing about this game it'd be adding some filtering utility to the map to show which mini-bosses have been killed.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Started that last night and just got a bit tired of doing it. Noped out and went elsewhere. I'm running out of things I want to do and only really have some dungeons with crappy skeletons left to do. Which I ain't doing any time soon.

I would also like some auto-flagging. I have a terrible memory and if I remember to put a marker down I'll more than likely forget to take it off again. I can't trust my own markers.
  • Just to clarify, there's probably plenty left to do but I'm missing items or there's stupid bosses in the way.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This shit finally got me. I traded in £70 of games today, hoping for the Kirby but it was sold out, so I went with Elden Ring and Deathloop on PS5 and before I knew it 3 hours had gone on Elden Ring.

Kind of started on the beaten path but then I found a cave with a bunch of
    Spoiler:
    which I killed then there was a boss called the
    Spoiler:
    or some shit and I had no clue what I was doing.

Anyway, I've got the speedy travel thing so that's good and I was thinking about it all the way on the nursery pick up. Thank god I've got next week off too.

I also played about 25 minutes of Deathloop. And that seemed okay too.
  • They all come around eventually.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fucking learning the quick R2 after a blocked attack and then a cheeky R1 after o my god I can probably play Dark Souls now.
  • Anyone else having a problem when a message pops up (e.g. using a stonesword key) and locks you out of any action for ages (a good minute+ in some cases). I just got mullered walking into a room not realising I couldn't actually do anything. A good 16k runes down the pan.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Press Y/Triangle to get rid. Annoying that you have to do that though.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Fucking learning the quick R2 after a blocked attack and then a cheeky R1 after o my god I can probably play Dark Souls now.

Shield counters are amazing in this game. Lean on that shot hard, especially against world mobs. Love what they did with shields in this game.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm a rough and tumble vagabond running around with a spear bigger than me and chibbing every cunt.

I think I finally get it
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Press Y/Triangle to get rid. Annoying that you have to do that though.

Doesn’t work with certain messages, such as the aforementioned stonesword key. Literally can’t do anything button based until it times out.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Can anyone help me get the horsey ring to a different quick direction? At this point it's third under the two flasks.
  • Hold y/ps equiv and press right on d pad
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I do it by pausing and then the right hand panel of the menu let's you allocate different things to different places
  • Glad you had a positive experience with it Reg, straight from the off. It took me a solid 8 hours to get the point where I think you are now, i.e actually enjoying it.

Probably the turning point for me was getting teleported accidentally to another part of the map, ending up trapped in the bowels of some crystal mine with golems toiling beneath the watchful gaze of hideous multiple limbed overlords. Then escaping to the surface only to find a hellscape of bloated creatures spewing forth posionous gas clouds and bands of undead warriors stalking the land.

It was at that point I learnt the importance of running away from things.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So that was where I had stuck the odd hour into the old Souls games. A big Chungus came and I had no option but to run and thar put me on my CP
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Press Y/Triangle to get rid. Annoying that you have to do that though.
    Doesn’t work with certain messages, such as the aforementioned stonesword key. Literally can’t do anything button based until it times out.
    Press X for those.
  • Yeah, it is daft how most of the prompts use one button to dispel and a tiny amount require a different button. I think I do utter ffs every time it happens.
  • I keep on pressing the map button to close the map. Still 50/50 on it after stupid number of hours played.
  • Yeah I do that with the map as well.
  • Same
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Same here. And I still find it annoying.
  • I don't think I've ever done that, maybe because I played a hell of a lot of Genshin Impact which I think has the same mechanic?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Same on the map. Stupid map.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fuck sake, missed the path to the first tower at the beginning of the game and just found it last night. Now officially smashing it.
  • Glad it's not just me this time.
  • The map is one of the best things in this game. I love being able to look for ruins and buildings, and the topography is really cool.
  • I too like how if you see some structure on the map, chances are it's going to lead to something interesting.
    The amount of work that went into this game is incredible
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Mother of God. I'm 35 hours in, level 35 and feel like I'm just about getting a handle on the game and my character (just literally found how to drop off ladders).
    Currently rune farming in Caelid.
    Bastard sword is a sweetie though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!