Elden Ring
  • How the heck did you amass that much?! I lost 80k there once.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I lost 350k runes last night in the
    Spoiler:
    . Sure, it was my own fault as per all this shit but a long slog towards the next grace to be met with crossbow turrets, two powerful enemies, some mid level guys and a fucking erdtree just before I can get there and all this after some pretty powerful standard guys? Fuck me.
  • Spoiler:

down on second attempt, really really enjoyed that fight, possibly my favourite boss. the lions at the main gate were insanely hard
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's where I am at the moment, tough bastard. Although I took a break and accidentally discovered
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You can just sprint through easily ish I think?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Maybe yeah. He's still a cunt.
  • I think Niall was the last boss I beat, although I was forced to cheese it by shooting him with like 1000 arrows from outside the battle area (there's a tiny gap you can hit him through). After that my energy and enthusiasm was spent. 

Amazing game that I'm sure I will come back to. I might have taken my time a bit too much though, as this caused me to burn out sooner than I'd have liked.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Maybe yeah. He's still a cunt.

Yeah he's a weird one. Really struggled when I first met him. Went away. Came back not much more levelled up and then first him fine. Shrug.
  • Pro-tip for Astel is to stay in front of him rather than doing the typical souls “hug the body” approach. The latter makes him do horrible AoE attacks
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ok, who did. He has a nasty one hit kill from the front though.
  • There’s no way I can beat this last guy. No way. I’ve done loads of others and loads of the ones I don’t need to, but here, man in stuck. It’s close enough for me and I’m off onto Roki now instead.
  • Kow wrote:
    Ok, who did. He has a nasty one hit kill from the front though.

That one where her swoops down and eats you? That's a fucker. If I can do it anyone can though
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I've got 3 bosses left
    Spoiler:

Spent last night hitting my head against malenia and I'm not sure I can be arsed anymore, I have the damage but I'm too shit to consistently get to the 2nd phase. I also keep dying immediately when I do and it's not fun anymore.

Might just give up and just try finishing the damn thing.
  • Frosty wrote:
    I've got 3 bosses left
    Spoiler:
    Spent last night hitting my head against malenia and I'm not sure I can be arsed anymore, I have the damage but I'm too shit to consistently get to the 2nd phase. I also keep dying immediately when I do and it's not fun anymore. Might just give up and just try finishing the damn thing.
    Spoiler:
    Here's how i did one of them. Spent days on him mind.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Beat
    Spoiler:

Great fight. Now going around doing optional bosses etc. Playing this about once a week and loving it when i do. It's just so massive i need a break ocassionally.
  • I've not played it since i gave up a while back, but i've also not played much of anything since then...i feel like this was maybe too epic and nothing else now looks worth the effort ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Finally played this again at the weekend.

I completely bounced off... 
    Spoiler:
    I can get to the second phase easily, but then it's an instant one hit kill, which, yeah, sod that.

So I went elsewhere, triggered what I assume is the end game.  I struggled a bit with...
    Spoiler:
    ..but scraped through.  Then dispatched the next couple of bosses first time.

I've now hit an absolute brick wall with
    Spoiler:
    though.  I can get him down to about a third, but that's it.  A big part of the problem, other than that I'm not actually particularly good, is that I've got this far leaning very heavily on bleed.  To which he appears to be completely invulnerable.

So, for the very first time, I'm thinking about rebirthing my character and trying a different approach - though it seems kind of weird to be doing that so late in the game.  (Particularly as I don't really have any weapons that suit - I've only really bothered with my uchigatana and latterly Rivers of Blood.). Any suggestions for what I should reimagine myself as in order to deal with him - or do I (shudder) just need to get good?
  • You don't necessarily need to respec, just use a different weapon or different ashes of war (something fire based, perhaps).

I used bleed quite a lot too, but also switched around quite often, without having to respec. You might also have sorceries/incantations that are useful against him.
  • I used heavy Uchi with Lion Claw, I found that Mimic helped by doing Lion Claw which does some good posture 'damage', and then I sneak behind and do the same and together we stagger the motherfuckerbitch.

You should be able to find something that hopefully works better for you with different ash of war as Jon says.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    My personal take would be that Tin should, and I mean this respectfully, just fuckin git gud
  • I’m at peace with the fact I’m never in a month of fucking Sundays beating that last boss. Can do the first bit right enough but after that not a chance.
  • Thanks both - I'll experiment a little - I've been unbelievably unadventurous to date, having just largely stuck with what worked for me - except now of course it doesn't.  Will have a look and see if there are any ashes that suit...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    yw
  • Beat Rykard earlier - couldn't get anywhere with him until I used the spear that I stupidly ignored for my first few attempts. Absolutely destroyed him with it.
  • Bloody love this game. Am very near the end. Will have all the xbox achievements except the multiple endings (i will only have one of the endings)
  • Apart from Horizon Forbidden West, it's been one of the best games I've played all year and makes all the others I have played this year pale a bit in comparison.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Discovered yet another load of fucking new areas! Does this game ever end?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Haven't played for weeks due to life shit. Must try and get a few hours soon.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Discovered yet another load of fucking new areas! Does this game ever end?

Honestly my favourite area is a secret one. It's mad how much awesome content there is hidden away. I found one in Volcano Manor last night, i swear i had done that area but nope, secret door, BOOM, intricatly designed area.
  • Where is the volcano manner one please?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!