Elden Ring
  • Started PS5 playthrough today. Faster loading times than on Xbox, yay! But frame rate and pop-in is bad. Glad I played on Xbox first!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I've not been back since i said I'd had enough, but the game is like some sick abusive relationship and I keep thinking of going back and giving it another chance
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I've not been back since i said I'd had enough, but the game is like some sick abusive relationship and I keep thinking of going back and giving it another chance

I'm basically the same. I'm struggling with some Gaol boss and it's kind of doable but kind of boring.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Progress is even slower for me. Still finding new areas of the map. Absolutely gorgeous too, but it might be too big for me. Hopefully I keep chipping away at it as it'd be nice to complete the bugger
  • Yeah I think I'm starting to burn out on it but I'm so close to the end I'll probably carry on. Debating whether to go do the haligtree or just crack on to the end of the game.

I'll probably carry on as I've only the one great rune left to get but the allure to explore every nook and cranny is definitely a lot less.
  • I haven't played in a few weeks. Partly cos got the warzone/fortnite addiction back but it did reach a point where the game is just soooo massive i felt like i'm never going to see it all and that's a shame.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, just struggling to muster the effort now. Another dragon, another AOE attack with a silly range, hitbox and poor visibility. Pitiful damage from my weapon too.

I could go somewhere else or I could just give it a long break until I forget how tired I am of the same bullshit keep making an appearance in these fights
  • Which one you on? Spoiler it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Took down
    Spoiler:
    on my second attempt. But then I came across a big fucking
    Spoiler:
    that totally merked me. Why can't I lock onto its leg when I can with every other fucking
    Spoiler:
    ?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Ah yes. Annoying specially at the beginning of the fight. I just did Mimic Tear which helped.
  • I've beaten the final boss. Yay. I guess in terms of the ending
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • I'm working my way through
    Spoiler:
    but I'm feeling the fatigue setting in a bit. Managed the
    Spoiler:
    with some jolly co-op help but I think I might take a break from this for a bit.
  • I've had a very long break but went back the other day. Also getting through Crumbly. Got to a stupid boss
    Spoiler:
    , made one attempt
    Spoiler:
    and just couldn't be arsed.

Doesn't help that I'm also attempting Hollow Knight, even though I am SHITE at platforming. Dying lots there didn't endear me to start up dying lots in ER.

Do have to give it out to From for their map design. Love the way Crumbles folds in and around itself, seeing bits I was at hours ago over there and getting to places I couldn't figure out how to get to.

Just need a proper EZ mode to finish the game out now.
  • I'm at the final boss but definitely feel like crumbly was one area too many. Not really sure what the purpose of it is other than looking cool so don't think anything would be lost if it was cut and the bosses moved somewhere else.
  • Yeah, it's been a slog to get through.

Still not done the boss at Fort Sol, so got more areas to go through still. I've levelled up a bit since then so probably have more of a chance now.
  • I beat Malenia finally this weekend then hit the guides to polish off some other bits I'd missed - and it's incredible how much I had missed, despite sinking over 100 hours into it.

I've done all the major stuff I can on this play through now. All trophy bosses beat and just 3 trophies left for Platinum, but those will demand another run.

Maybe that's something for the future though, because it's far too big to be starting again now. But what a stunning achievement this is. I'm not sure where it leaves fantasy open-world games as a genre - even BotW2 has its work cut out.
  • Back on this after a long break, loving it again. Had
    Spoiler:
    down to a sliter. Went and beat some optional bosses i missed and had a good ol explore
  • Credits rolled, 120+hrs on the clock, awesome game.
  • I got to what I think is perhaps the last boss but could only just get through the first phase so I’m guessing I’m not op’ed enough for me to fudge through. He was the first boss I’ve had any trouble with since the very first one which, for someone who normally can’t tackle bosses, is quite the thing. This guy though was really too much for me.
  • I summoned and let them do it.
  • I find the bosses easier than some of the 'normal' enemies sometimes. Those fucking Cruscible Knights and the Wormfaces are a ballache.
  • Rune Bears are an absolute joke
  • Cleanrot Knights are fuckers
  • Keep losing Connection to Elden Ring server.
  • Took down
    Spoiler:
    after many, many, many attempts. That second phase was a fucking nightmare - first was a total piece of piss - and I could only do it with some jolly co-op help. I'm grinding on with this but it's becoming less and less fun now.
  • I lost 350k runes last night in the
    Spoiler:

Sure, it was my own fault as per all this shit but a long slog towards the next grace to be met with crossbow turrets, two powerful enemies, some mid level guys and a fucking erdtree just before I can get there and all this after some pretty powerful standard guys? Fuck me.
  • That's a fun area!

But 350k?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!