• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    97.5% done at the 10hr 30 minute mark. Don’t think i’ll be plodding around the map to get the last few things as it’s all largely superfluous stuff now. Good time!

I’ve mentioned this in spoiler tags before, but there’s a quote from the IGN review below:

Spoiler:
  • Yeah i’ve done all that, the stuff that’s left over is nothing to do with that.
  • I liked the way the camera swivelled around as I found a secret early on. I chanced my arm attempting to slip behind something, and instead of just seeing the crow behind a transparent object the view smoothly shifted around as a sort of deft 'ta-da!'. Nice touch.
  • But you only started it 9 hours ago how is this happen

Game is only 10 hours long, I played half of an hour of it at double speed to beat it in 9.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I liked the way the camera swivelled around as I found a secret early on. I chanced my arm attempting to slip behind something, and instead of just seeing the crow behind a transparent object the view smoothly shifted around as a sort of deft 'ta-da!'. Nice touch.

Pretty sure I know that exact moment, and yes, it was great.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Yeah i’ve done all that, the stuff that’s left over is nothing to do with that.

Ah, fair enough.
  • How replayable would you say this is Tempy?
  • It's a one and done thing, though there is an achievement for a specific second go challenge.
  • Got this. Off to new area, some mansion. A bit so-so so far.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Yeah, this certainly won't be the game that gets me playing games again.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It's kickstarted my desire to work through a lot of games for me, just what I needed. Lovely, polished, fun little title.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I've had a couple of hours of this. It's fun enough. Not earth shattering by any means, but looks pretty, and prob a 7 conceivably an 8 I guess if it gets a bit better.

It's kinda doing opaque metroidvania but not souls but no map. Which I guess works. Anyway forgetting places I've seen I can't get to yet but can tell what skills I need which is kinda the thing I suppose. Combat and levels just but quite top tier, but it's still a solid number.
  • Not really catching the 9/10 chat that tempted me with this.

The combat feels stodgy and the environments snag too often.
  • I'm enjoying it, cleared the first major area and I'm on my way in the second. Feels like an [8] that could scrape a [9] on a generous day. It's the sort of fairly straightforward, playable, polished & not overlong indie experience I love.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm enjoying it, cleared the first major area and I'm on my way in the second. Feels like an [8] that could scrape a [9] on a generous day. It's the sort of fairly straightforward, playable, polished & not overlong indie experience I love.

Pretty much this. Does nothing new but it plays well, looks gorgeous, written well. Lovely thing.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm at a similar point to moot but the sounds of it, but maybe getting slightly less generous.
  • First boss was good too. Pretty easy with a cautious approach but plenty of scope for speeding it up/fucking it up with riskier tactics.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm enjoying it, cleared the first major area and I'm on my way in the second. Feels like an [8] that could scrape a [9] on a generous day. It's the sort of fairly straightforward, playable, polished & not overlong indie experience I love.

Pretty much this. Does nothing new but it plays well, looks gorgeous, written well. Lovely thing.

This is me too but I’d have enjoyed it more if I hadn’t had to fork out for another fucking pad to play the thing. It’s just nice.

• I've probably overdone it a bit for one day but I've had the house to myself since I got in. Reckon I've put 5hrs in since 3pm. Third area was expertly designed, loved the gradual progression. Well worth £15.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Excellent avatar.

I think I'm pretty close to the second main boss, and still enjoying it.
    Spoiler:
  • I think I got my first full upgrade around an hour before the last boss, they’re not easy to find.
  • If the rate continues as it has for me I imagine you get one of each per big area.
  • I'm one gem away from one upgrade and two gems away from the other.

Magic spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Unusually for me I've started wandering around on purpose a bit now.  I know where I'm supposed to be, but I'm in no massive rush to push on at the moment as I have a few vague recollections of previous dead ends in mind.  

Weapon spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m going to end up putting way more than 10 hours into this as every time I get a new upgrade I want to backtrack to see where I can use it.
  • Credits rolling. I don't think it did scrape a [9] in the end but it was hugely enjoyable for the most part. 79.7% done, 9:27. Money well spent.
  • Secrets chat.
    Spoiler:
  • Maybe 2 hrs, and yep. My ending was like 97.8%
  • I don't think I'll go for any further extras myself but I'm glad I watched a summary.
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Right second main boss down, which tbh was a shit fight.

But now got the final magic, so onwards and upwards. Currently at 64% after 6h, 3&2 on shrine pieces, need to have a bit of proper exploring again, and maybe get some more soup.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!