OFFICIAL B&B SECRET SANTA 2021! THE BIG REVEAL!
  • I'm still keeping an eye on this thread for when Nick buys a record player

Was thinking about this yesterday! Gonna make it happen this weekend I promise. The EP is propped up staring at me in the living room. Fucking best present ever tbh.

• Middle of February now. If you ain't got yer pressie by now, it's safe to say it's probably not coming.
    Anyhoo, was an absolutely stellar year for gifting, and our Muzz did a fantastic job of organising it all, so a big hand for everyone!

thread unstickied

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Blue Swirl’s Museum of Failure trip, with thanks to Poprock.

IMG-2619.jpg

The infamous NES Power Glove.

IMG-2620.jpg

DIVX self-deleting discs.

IMG-2621.jpg

Street skis.

IMG-2622.jpg

Laser Discs.

IMG-2626.jpg

Tiger Game.com.

IMG-2627.jpg

Nokia Ngage. (I had one of these. Don’t judge me, it was on sale.)

IMG-2628.jpg

Coca Cola Blak. I loved this drink, but like Pepsi Blue, I think I was the only one.

IMG-2629.jpg

The “Kodac” (sic) DC 40. The first digital camera. Not a fail in itself, but Kodak deciding that developing film would remain its business model… eesh.

IMG-2633.jpg

Not even I would have bought this. The Apple/Atmark Pippin.

IMG-2634.jpg

Another one that had the whiff of flop from the outset, the Gizmodo.

IMG-2635.jpg

I’ll defend this one. The short USB cable is because you were meant to plug it into the keyboard. And it was only uncomfortable if you tried to grip the entire mouse. Rest your wrist on the desk and push it around with your finger tips. Problem solved. Puck mouse forever!

IMG-2636.jpg

The Nintendo Virtual Boy.

IMG-2637.jpg

The Sinclair C5. One I probably would have bought, if I had the money, at the time. And I wasn’t a child.

IMG-2638.jpg

A flat-pack plastic bicycle. Undone by the way the plastic would crack, and because you’d often be sent a kit lacking key parts.

IMG-2639.jpg

El Trumpo had his own section. Failed businesses include Trump Steaks, Trump Resorts, Trump Ice (bottled water), Trump Vodka, Trump the Game (Monopoly but shit), Trump University (not a university), and Trump Shuttle (a luxury budget airline).

IMG-2640.jpg

The mono-ski. Think a snowboard, but your feet faced forwards.

IMG-2641.jpg

Hasbro decided they needed a competitor to Barbie, and this is what they came up with. No, really. It found a second lease of life as a favourite prop for horror movies.

Cheers again, Poprock! I was disappointed there wasn’t a 32X or Mega CD (more stuff I would have bought at the time if I had the money), but I did dig the, um, dig at El Trumpo.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • That looks like a cracking day out. Some awesome stuff in there :)
  • Yes, more Swirly Does Museums, please.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    There was a whole heap of stuff I would have bought if I could've afforded them, including a Zune and a Microsoft Band.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • That hasbro doll is haunting.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Ace photos, Swirly.  Ace present, Pop.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    That hasbro doll is haunting.

The only toys she has to play with are the ngage and virtual boy. I’d look like that if it was my life.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    The only toys she has to play with are the ngage and virtual boy. I’d look like that if it was my life.

She can up her mood with some exercise. The Microsoft Band will track her run, and she can listen to FM radio on her Zune.
  • Little Miss No Name. Yikes, that's a horror movie title if I ever heard one.
  • Gremill wrote:
    I'm still gutted/guilty that Red Dave never got my present... :(

SECRET SANTA UPDATE

Like the end of Cast Away, Tom Hanks *maybe not* just showed up at my door and restored my faith in Humanity. Or at least, the postal service.

(Given how the last 3 weeks in work have gone and having to deal with fuck ups on behalf of UPS, An Post and DPD that is quite the feat)

Anyway, Tom handed me the most battered parcel ever, only held together by an external clear bag. But it was here, finally. My Secret Santa hadnt let me down. 

I'd love to say I ripped open the parcel but in truth it just fell apart. 3 Months plus bouncing around a postie van will do that. But inside were lovely gifts in lovely christmas wrapping paper. My daughter (home isolating) was intrigued but disappointed that no toys were in the wrapping. 

Instead I got 2 solid wrestling books (Hitman Hart - Bret Harts autobiography and Have a Nice Day - the Mick Foley Autobio) some chocolates (Cadburys Snowballs which were just in date and now eaten and the classic christmas money chocolate coins and notes) and a T-shirt.

A lovely T-shirt of Zangief (Red Cyclone Wrestling Club). its awesome but prompted a raised eyebrow from my wife given the times we are in. But fuck it, its lovely and I will wear it with pride. Pretty sure Zengief would SPD Vlad in short order anyway. 

So a lovely way to start my wednesday morning - thanks so much Grem. In answer to the question in the card - I think I started a profile here and lost the password hence red dave 2.

Slushy PS

The Mankind book was a particular lovely gift. Its the original Hardback version which is beautiful. Of course being a Foley mark I had it previously and had got it signed but many years back a friend of mine (who was also a huge foley fan) got seriously ill so I had given my signed copy to him as a cheer up (oddly, it was part of a Christmas gift) . Sadly, he passed pretty quickly and I'm not sure where the book went so getting it back was quite the reminder of his friendship. Thanks so much.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Good stuff.

Just my gift that didn't arrive then. I think peer pressure is in order at this stage to force Questor into letting me pay for the replacement. I tried to get him to order it directly to Australia, then I'd PayPal the cost over. He ordered it, then refused to take my money, which was a legit gent move tbf but he really shouldn't have to pay for his own gift and he's staunchly ignoring my PM payment offers.

Last thing I want is for him not to take part next year. Questooor!!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    A lovely T-shirt of Zangief (Red Cyclone Wrestling Club). its awesome but prompted a raised eyebrow from my wife given the times we are in. But fuck it, its lovely and I will wear it with pride. Pretty sure Zengief would SPD Vlad in short order anyway.

Someone who knows how, make this a gif.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    I'm still gutted/guilty that Red Dave never got my present... :(

SECRET SANTA UPDATE

Like the end of Cast Away, Tom Hanks *maybe not* just showed up at my door and restored my faith in Humanity. Or at least, the postal service.

(Given how the last 3 weeks in work have gone and having to deal with fuck ups on behalf of UPS, An Post and DPD that is quite the feat)

Anyway, Tom handed me the most battered parcel ever, only held together by an external clear bag. But it was here, finally. My Secret Santa hadnt let me down. 

I'd love to say I ripped open the parcel but in truth it just fell apart. 3 Months plus bouncing around a postie van will do that. But inside were lovely gifts in lovely christmas wrapping paper. My daughter (home isolating) was intrigued but disappointed that no toys were in the wrapping. 

Instead I got 2 solid wrestling books (Hitman Hart - Bret Harts autobiography and Have a Nice Day - the Mick Foley Autobio) some chocolates (Cadburys Snowballs which were just in date and now eaten and the classic christmas money chocolate coins and notes) and a T-shirt.

So a lovely way to start my wednesday morning - thanks so much Grem. In answer to the question in the card - I think I started a profile here and lost the password hence red dave 2.

Slushy PS

The Mankind book was a particular lovely gift. Its the original Hardback version which is beautiful. Of course being a Foley mark I had it previously and had got it signed but many years back a friend of mine (who was also a huge foley fan) got seriously ill so I had given my signed copy to him as a cheer up (oddly, it was part of a Christmas gift) . Sadly, he passed pretty quickly and I'm not sure where the book went so getting it back was quite the reminder of his friendship. Thanks so much.

Wow! Better late than never. Who would've thought that a t-shirt would date worse than chocolate!

Glad you liked everything. I thought you'd probably have at least one of the books, but nice to hear it had good memories attached anyway.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Good stuff.

Just my gift that didn't arrive then. I think peer pressure is in order at this stage to force Questor into letting me pay for the replacement. I tried to get him to order it directly to Australia, then I'd PayPal the cost over. He ordered it, then refused to take my money, which was a legit gent move tbf but he really shouldn't have to pay for his own gift and he's staunchly ignoring my PM payment offers.

Last thing I want is for him not to take part next year. Questooor!!

Need me to drive over to his house and put the squeeze on him?

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yes
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    tommy-gun.jpg

Shabby, earlier today.
  • 0*leekoJXpAC3ZEQxU.jpg

Shabby turning up and putting the Squeeze on.
  • Maybe pop a note through his door asking him to check PMs.
  • So tonight Pamela and I finally managed to have our ‘main’ Secret Santa present from MK64, a meal at one of our favourite restaurants, Harbour View Bistro.

It was amazing, the staff knew who we were when we arrived and the service was as incredible as always. MK you truly outdid yourself, it’s a wonderful gift that you looked into restaurants here, chose such a good one with beautiful views and amazing food and fully provided for such a wonderful night for us.

Secret Santa here is always mind blowing every year, but this year in particular the gift was truly wonderful and created fur us another memory for us to take forward in the new life Pamela earned.

MK, thank you…

rPQfoc.jpg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Dude you are hench
  • That’s totally awesome :)
  • Aw that’s really nice. Good stuff!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dude you are hench

You’ve No idea…

But back to business…It is top, top, stuff, a truly great night…topped off by playing a little knock a door and run on the way home…
  • :)
  • That's such an awesome post. So happy to see you both having a nice time.
    MK you are a don.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Dude you are hench

He is like the description of Jack Reacher, "like someone poured padlocks into a t-shirt"
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!