Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Using the thumb over the top method is actually very easy on the thumb and fingers. The point of leverage is the crook between the thumb and index finger or the base of the index finger, which take pressure very easily. It's far more strenuous to use normal barre chords or a more classical hand position.
  • Yeah deffo. I hate index finger barre chording, but I should do it more to help me up the frets. Thumb over is simple and easy, don't need much pressure at all, just have to touch it basically. Plus like I said, grants far more options for picking.
  • Im starting my blues lessons now (well online tutorials) so I find this guy to be an awesome teacher. Clear instructions, he plays a full demo and talks about it realy clearly. He also goes more in depth in places without losing you so I'd recommend his channel for blues and country stuff.

This is my starting point here and I've got a good handle on this routine now so I'm gonna move through his lessons and try to learn the fret board, notes and get an understanding of what licks sound right over what chords. I wanna be able to jam and know where I'm going through a shuffle with out just repeating what I've seen. Being more free form and getting a deeper understanding is where I want to get too.

• Good routine that. Will have a crack.
  • I realy wanna learn this, gotta find some thing to learn it from though, right cool cat this fella is...

• I'm now learning baby I love your way as I've been watching high fidelity again and love the way Lisa Bonet sings it.

• Wow, over a year since this thread was last used.

I've absolutely fell in love with Pete Doherty's music recently.

Currently I'm learning to play I love you but your green. Took me an hour or two to get the bones of it watching a cover or two on YouTube, now I'll spend the next few day's putting it all together.

It's absolutely the best part of this hobby for me. Hear a song, learn the basics, then the lyrics , then start playing around until it sounds great. Every stage of the process makes me feel like a little kid thinking about playing it when I'm doing other things like.

Here's the song for those interested.
  • I've been playing around with Rocksmith and the community which puts together new songs for it.  I like how I can slow down sections and put them on repeat until I've nailed it.  Top fun.
  • Pseudoscot wrote:
    I've been playing around with Rocksmith and the community which puts together new songs for it.  I like how I can slow down sections and put them on repeat until I've nailed it.  Top fun.

I've tried rocksmith a few times and i just can't get on with it. It doesn't suit my style of learning so I don't find it fun or engaging.

I can see how the slowing and repeating is a great tool though. I had a cover playing at 50 percent speed on YouTube to learn that song and although it was a clumsy UI, it helped massively.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Played bass today for the first time in four years. I was better and worse than I was expecting, but it just made me feel really dejected.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I haven't had much time to play in a good year or so really, but the boy is fascinated by the guitar so I've started playing around him a bit, and he seems to love Rise When The Rooster Crows, so that's what I've been playing lately, it's a simple one but that's the kinda thing I like :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!