The Matrix - There will be spoilers inside
  • Mint! Been looking forward to that, gonna watch it with Bro in Law. He’s obsessed with them after I put him onto them after you put me onto them!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • g.man wrote:

iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just watched that, always good and a bit of Critical Drinker...

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    No I don’t think “real world” is another matrix program.

Haven't seen the third, but I figured the machines realised their plug-ins were healthier mentally stimulated, so it worked like Arnie's fantasy holiday in Total Recall. Same dream (and arguably story), where they're fed a second layer as reality to save the day in.

Except my take was that Neo became conscious of this, and so the machines placated him as knowing-dreamstate god.

Unless he and others physically unplugged and used an escape shuttle back to Earth in the third film or something? If not, I think he was just in-situ Totalled to keep his brain function healthy.

Which sounds bleak, but I think it'd actually be quite blissful to prolong that moment you catch yourself dreaming and try not to wake, and that's what everything I've seen points to. Ultimate hippy Neo.

But obviously you couldn't have that as an official explanation. Nah, Neo goes into the realworld and kicks the machines asses and saves the universe. JUST LIKE I WOULD

Yossarian wrote:
    Godfather part 2, Empire Strikes Back, Aliens, Terminator 2, I’m sure there are plenty of other examples as well.

By these examples you stop after two! I'll give you a Temple of Doom clause, where you get a third shot if you misfire. Back to the Future III wasted no time.
  • Come on man at least watch the whole thing or a summary of what happens before doing this.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    This is just my story based on what I've seen. There's no Wachowski explanation?

I watched The Shield's finale recently, and that's open-ended in terms of the viewer imagining what happened next (and in the past), but there's no fluff on it.

Reloaded bored the tits off me, so I'm not going back! All that proddy-prod no-stakes fighting, Smiths queueing up with Bruce Lee baddie routines. Felt like a third of the film was a rich man ignoring Bellucci's boobs to give us the definition of causality. That and the Pet Shop Albinos.
  • A big meh.

Better than 3, but so is someone shitting in your cornflakes.

Worse than 2.

Why cast Christina Ricci for five seconds of screen time?

The machines literally bringing Neo and Trinity back from the dead is bollocks.

Nobody lets Trinity know if her kids are real, or just programs, but she decides to leave them anyway, not knowing if she'll ever be able to see them again.

Keanu and Carrie-Anne look like people in their fifties trying to do action scenes, so all of their action scenes were shit.

The "Force Push" to resolve every fight was bollocks.

They set up something interesting with the new Morpheus being a mix of Morpheus, and Agent Smith, but did nothing with it.

The new Agent Smith was shite.

If Jessica Henwick wasn't so easy on the eye, I doubt I'd have watched to the end.
  • Neil Patrick Harris character is basically Jordan Peterson in this film isn’t he?
  • Has everyone involved in the production of this film been affected by covid brain fog? I've not seen the film, and likely never will, but the synopsis is just bizarre...
  • I haven't seen it yet but I suspect I'll find some enjoyment from it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • It's a film chock full of potentially interesting ideas commenting on the media landscape we now live in. Sadly, as a movie, it's also a smouldering dumpster fire, and as a Matrix sequel, it's a massively underdeveloped disappointment.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And the action is decidedly non-Matrixy. A big crime in a Matrix movie.
  • Aye, the action is shockingly bad.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It’s an interesting entry to the rather overburdened “nostalgic rerun with a mid-life crisis” wagon - slot it in there with Cobra-Kai.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Why you

*shakes fist*
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Some people shouldn't send to the Internet.
  • djchump wrote:
    It’s an interesting entry to the rather overburdened “nostalgic rerun with a mid-life crisis” wagon - slot it in there with Cobra-Kai.

Get out.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • RLM vid up. They will go to town on this
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Actually, RLM are being very very fair. Mike in particular - think I was with him.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I'm gonna have a go at this tonight,
  • I have now seen this.
  • I once you have, you can't unsee it.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yeah, I'm just out the cinema. What in the almighty shimmering fuck were they thinking?! Fuuuuuuuuuck me, lads.
  • g.man wrote:
    It's...divisive...

It really is. I've tried to show it to people 3 or so times, on different occasions and they all had the same reaction, which is that they got about 30 minutes into the movie and wondered how long there was left. When I told them the movie had just started, they either stopped watching or went another 15 minutes before tapping out. They genuinely thought they had been watching for a good hour and a half.

Which...I get. It's a lot of movie in there, and it's just a relentless visual assault. If it doesn't click with you at all, it will feel ridiculously long. But, I loved it.

I love Speed Racer too. If you're not crying at the end you ain't human.

Watching Resurrection makes me want to go back and watch the movies the Wachowskis made together where they seemed to care about making exciting action. Heck even Jupiter Ascending had fun and exciting action in it. So weird that the action in Matrix 4 sucked hard. Surely even the 2nd unit action direction team would have been fans of the originals but this one just felt so lazily out together and thoughtlessly shot.

On second viewing of it (a slight mistake on my part to book myself twice before release) I actually quite liked the story. It was as good as I could hope from a nostalgia sequel. But man that action just lets it all down
  • Plus the movie actually has Chad Stehelski in it! The guy who directed the last 2 John Wicks and was Keanu's stunt double in the original matrixes. Surely he walked past the stunt action shoots shaking his head at all that shaky cam
  • What a mess!

The first movie was perfect. A revolutionary action movie with philosophical elements. It works as a standalone movie and ended perfectly.

...then followed the crushing disappointment of the sequels. Supposedly philosophical movies with action elements. Awful, awful movies.

The new one was interesting to a point, but had to build on the foundations of 2 and 3 so is ultimately doomed. Shitshow.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Finally caught this at the cinema last night. I didn't think much of the first five minutes or so, but then got quite into it during the 'meta' portion. Then it just kept on going and going, pretty much in the same trajectory of the original trilogy. I agree with the seemingly popular ordering of it being third best after The Matrix and Reloaded; by no means a bad film, with some really quite good elements, but definitely a mess overall. I snoozed briefly...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!