The Matrix - There will be spoilers inside
  • I genuinely don't think 4 does anything nicely.
    I really can't think of a single redeeming aspect. Its atrocious start to finish.

I cant even say its good when it ends because it has that post credits scene which was pure hatred.
  • I liked the bit when I deleted it from my hard drive.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I genuinely don't think 4 does anything nicely. I really can't think of a single redeeming aspect. Its atrocious start to finish. I cant even say its good when it ends because it has that post credits scene which was pure hatred.

I think there was a couple of jokes at the beginning, if you like the jokes, which is to say they resonate in some way, then you can vibe with a good portion of the film. If you don't think you like it or its really cheesy then I can see how it might be a complete bust.

If when they say 
    Spoiler:
  • I honestly don’t know what you were all expecting?  It was madness to think you were going to get anything other than a mess.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    I liked the bit when I deleted it from my hard drive.

Coffee up nose. Splutter etc.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I honestly don’t know what you were all expecting?  It was madness to think you were going to get anything other than a mess.
    I didnt expect much
    From the trailer I thought they might do a Force Awakens at best. Fun retread.

This film dreams of being as good as Force Awakens.
  • Yeah, it just had to be reasonable fun for a couple of hours. Sadly it turned out to be a dismal mess that lasted for days.
  • there’s a post credits scene?! I stopped the stream as soon as the credits rolled, didn’t want to waste another second of my life on it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    if I don't get hauled to the flicks when the in-laws appear mid week.

• hylian_elf wrote:
    there’s a post credits scene?! I stopped the stream as soon as the credits rolled, didn’t want to waste another second of my life on it.
    P6D9s0T.gif
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    There's also a UE5 tech demo with horrific motion blur. Played for a few minutes and canned it.

It autoplays until you get to freeroam. I got bored of its obvious scripting and left the pad to see what happens, and it has no failstates. Looks good until you move the camera, so what's the point.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’s literally the first time I’ve seen anyone complain about the graphics in that tech demo.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Because if you reduced them to hit 120fps you'd have something that looks much better in motion. It's a postcard demo.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    For all the good it's done him he may as well have sticked it up his arse.

This deserves a nod.
  • I enjoyed M4 - but I guess as an ex-gamedev fan of M1 who noticed a bunch of the Easter eggs and cameos (Chad Stahelski, Kim Libreri, spotted Tiger Chen briefly but would have liked him to get more screen face time tbh) I’m probably right in the demographic for it.
  • I just started watching this.
    It's....meta all right. A bit too meta as if the director was kind of forced into the project by WB's. I mean how many deja vu's were edited into the film? We got the hint after 2 or 3 but still the director just keeps throwing them at you.

Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Torpedo this thread and let us never mention this ever again. Terrible movie.
    Things can only get better.
  • Okay, finally finished watching this.
    It's not good. But certainly not the worst movie I've ever seen. Definitely the weakest of the 4 films as the plot was too predictable.

If they make a fucking superhero series from this I swear I'm quitting the Wachowski's tho.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Watching now. Some of the reactions in here are fucking mental lads. It's nowhere near the worst movie ever. It's not great but Jesus christ. The first has some fucking awfully shit bits throughout.
  • My biggest surprise with it was just how utterly forgettable all the action scenes were.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Im liking how it feels like a film Wachowski didn't really wanna make and is a big fuck you to WB. It's decent fun.

I don't have any affinity to the first which I've always thought was decent but nothing more so probably helps.
  • Lost a post but basically I said I rate matrix 1 as a classic but find that it starts well, ends well, but the middle is boring.
  • I'm in camp Matrix 1 = stone cold classic and Matrix 4 is good fun. I think I see matrix 1 as way more goofy than most though.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The first is pretty shit outside of the 'big' moments. Awful dialogue, shitty acting, in love with its own universe. Its a proto-Marvel movie, really. It had Bullet time and 1v1 fights in slow mo and rain cos emo was big back then.

This one seems inline with the series as a whole. Some good bits, some awful.
  • I preferred M4 to M3. M1 I still love best, M2 had its moments. M4 mostly got me with the memberberries and Easter eggs for the fans/vfx/stunt/game nerds.
  • I lasted a whole 15 minutes before switching it off. Whatever you might think of the the other films, at least they had gone to some incredible lengths to build a pretty unique sci-fi universe. Which this 'film' decides to sweep away almost instantaneously by suggesting all that we had watched before was just the fevered dream of some video game developer? What a fucking rancid sack of shit of an idea.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Watching now. Some of the reactions in here are fucking mental lads. It's nowhere near the worst movie ever. It's not great but Jesus christ. The first has some fucking awfully shit bits throughout.

I should say, I was just joining in. I thought it was pants, but genuinely I'm embarrassed to have liked the first one so much. It's also quite pants in retrospect

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I think you’d be better placed to criticise on that point if you watched the film.

@block.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Watching now. Some of the reactions in here are fucking mental lads. It's nowhere near the worst movie ever. It's not great but Jesus christ. The first has some fucking awfully shit bits throughout.

I should say, I was just joining in. I thought it was pants, but genuinely I'm embarrassed to have liked the first one so much. It's also quite pants in retrospect

You are 50% redeemed. Oz is in the good books, we need to get No back there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!