myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Think it looks fun, have been following it from when it was announced. I just am too busy with FFXIV / GT / catch up on ps+ extra / FFXVI this summer to really consider it right now.

• I’ll wait for the Cinty review. And when it’s cheap. Maybe.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Was literally gonna ask if anyone was picking this up but it seems the answer is no? I'm not willing to spend £65 on it, will probably have a look if it's ever heavily discounted.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Just lacks a hook to me.
    I look at it and think, yes very good, it is definitely an game.

Which then leads to your second paragraph there Andy. There is so much to play and so little time.
    If I want to play 'game' I can do that on a bunch of other titles that actually offer something unique or just better.

I get strong ReCore vibes. There is nothing wrong with ReCore, it is just very ok.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've not been following it but One Piece Odyssey seems to have reviewed well. Fire Emblem Engage came out last week to big hype. Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable and Monster Hunter: Rise just went multiplatform, including on Game Pass. And then after all that this not-very-well reviewed game with a demo that already soured word of mouth comes out for £65, at a time when many people will still be financially recouperating after Christmas. I guess it could have been the big game of January if it had reviewed well but it seems really poorly timed for its apparent level of quality. Suspect it will not sell well.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I realised how much this sits in the action-rpg territory, rather than action-rpg, so combat can lack the weight I prefer. At the end of the demo there was a large creature to fight, and it had that Monster Hunter feel of doing gymnastics in the vicinity of something that eventually dies of boredom, as opposed to feeling like you’re hitting it with weapons until you kill it.

This sums up why I think games like monster hunter and eldon ring play like shit. Fighting big scary monsters with no satisfying crunch to the combat can do one for me. I'll take the brutal feel of TLOU 2 combat or the slick swordplay of GoT over those long drawn out rinse and repeat fights with no weight to the action any day.
    It was interesting (visually at least) two generations ago but it feels really boring now.

• The 'dies of boredom' bit reminded me of the footage we saw of the Platinum Xbox exclusive that was canned. Can't remember the name off-hand, Dragon something maybe.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Cupatay wrote:
    DrewMerson wrote:
    I realised how much this sits in the action-rpg territory, rather than action-rpg, so combat can lack the weight I prefer. At the end of the demo there was a large creature to fight, and it had that Monster Hunter feel of doing gymnastics in the vicinity of something that eventually dies of boredom, as opposed to feeling like you’re hitting it with weapons until you kill it.

This sums up why I think games like monster hunter and eldon ring play like shit. Fighting big scary monsters with no satisfying crunch to the combat can do one for me. I'll take the brutal feel of TLOU 2 combat or the slick swordplay of GoT over those long drawn out rinse and repeat fights with no weight to the action any day.
    It was interesting (visually at least) two generations ago but it feels really boring now.

Beauty of gaming right there. I find the combat of ER weighty, meaty, has fantastic feedback and audio design. Stunningly done and one of the best gameplay loops there's ever been.

I found TLoU2 combat to be borderline cutscene shite that traded heft for playability. Sure it looks visceral but its fucking terrible to play.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    DrewMerson wrote:

Beauty of gaming right there. I find the combat of ER weighty, meaty, has fantastic feedback and audio design. Stunningly done and one of the best gameplay loops there's ever been.

I found TLoU2 combat to be borderline cutscene shite that traded heft for playability. Sure it looks visceral but its fucking terrible to play.

Ha yeah, bonkers how two people can see two games so differently. Long live gaming eh, and this wonderful corner of the Internet.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    The 'dies of boredom' bit reminded me of the footage we saw of the Platinum Xbox exclusive that was canned. Can't remember the name off-hand, Dragon something maybe.

Scalebound
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sounds like Boris' bathroom
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Colossal weapon coupled with animations, stagger, sound effects, the works. Its absolutely fucking glorious and some of the best combat committed to any game.
  • Someone made an alt? Lol.

Wind Waker is a bad game
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    that Monster Hunter feel of doing gymnastics in the vicinity of something that eventually dies of boredom, as opposed to feeling like you’re hitting it with weapons until you kill it.

lol this is excellent.
  • It's also completely wrong, but there you go, taste and all that.
  • Djornson wrote:
    DrewMerson wrote:
    that Monster Hunter feel of doing gymnastics in the vicinity of something that eventually dies of boredom, as opposed to feeling like you’re hitting it with weapons until you kill it.

lol this is excellent.

Could apply to fightmans also

*runs*
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Sounds like Boris' bathroom

Not anymore!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Seems like the inevitable price crash for this has started. I've seen both digital and physical discounts for this now.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I would think this would hit PS Plus Extra this year
  • Most amusing was the news story of how much it allegedly cost to make.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Trouble is the bean counters will look at this and go "Oh, people don't want AAA single player games".

No, we just want ones that capture our imaginations.

Better make another 15 terminal at launch GaaS titles.
  • Those same bean counters might look at this and conclude that "Oh, people don't want a strong female protagonist who swears a lot".
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Trouble is the bean counters will look at this and go "Oh, people don't want AAA single player games".

No, we just want ones that capture our imaginations.

Better make another 15 terminal at launch GaaS titles.

Hogwarts should dispel them of that thought.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Don't forget that The Avengers and that Platinum GAAS that absolutely tanked were both Square Enix games.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Seems like the inevitable price crash for this has started. I've seen both digital and physical discounts for this now.

It's getting close to tempting territory. £25 for a 14h blast through. Mayber...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!