OlliOlli World
  • Powerful way to kick off a Friday.
  • Then there's me. With that.
  • I've been back on this having bought both DLCs. Done a few levels of the Flow one. Good stuff. Just the right difficulty. A tenner for both expansions seems good value. Also need to get back to the main levels as I kind of breezed through the latter ones and left many a stone unturned.

Absolute banger for this month's free PS Plus game.
  • I played Flowzone a couple of days ago. Didn't go deep on the tasks and checklist stuff but it was great to breeze through. Really pleased that they've ironed out the freezing issue on Switch too - this is the dedication I need.
  • Keeping a long combo going is so satisfying. Even though I'm not at the level where I keep an eye on repeated tricks it's still great to flow through the stages with the multiplier ticking away. Some of the levels in the second round of dlc are particularly good for it.
  • Yeah I don't necessarily 'try' to do any specific tricks, just make sure the combo is still going and add tweaks. Timing is a thing though, great landings keep speed up which is crucial for certain jumps. Can't be done as a combo without, some of them.
  • Yeah, I also repeat a lot of tricks. I tend to land a manual and then my go-to trick out is a half circle either clockwise or anti-clockwise. I still find it hard to think about turns + grabs at the same time, especially when things are moving fast.

Maybe I'm missing a trick actually. For a manual, do you only have the option of stick right/left? Do you have to hold in that position once the manual is going? Will try in a bit.

The Gnarva league online thing is good for working on your ability to maximise points.

Not sure why, but tweaking a grab is the most satisfying thing in the game for me!
  • Re: controls, I'm not sure what options there are to remap things but on default, I definitely keep the manual direction input held, then usually quarter turn out. Once you start a combo you can essentially hold in the rotate trigger the whole way. You end up in a rhythm of inputs going trick to trick, it's a true "in the zone" game.
  • Have you played Rollerdrome yet Gav?
  • Nope, not yet. Hoping for a Xbox release at some point.
  • It has got a touch of 'eventual day one Game Pass release' about it tbf.

It's superb until it overeggs things. Definitely worth playing anyway, even though it doesn't quite hold it all together.
  • Re: controls, I'm not sure what options there are to remap things but on default, I definitely keep the manual direction input held, then usually quarter turn out. Once you start a combo you can essentially hold in the rotate trigger the whole way. You end up in a rhythm of inputs going trick to trick, it's a true "in the zone" game.

Had a game before to remind myself. Once in a manual, I tend to rotate the stick to a new position and then start the trick from this new position.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!