Console Count - PC gamers are usually very clever... but not always (Moot says pass it on)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    PS2 and 360 were my favourites from those Sony/MS. I've never been tempted to buy into what they have done ever since. The PS4 has a couple of nice shmups but they are expensive now so it's unlikely I'll ever go there.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Surprised to see the Xbox owners outnumber everyone else.
    I consider the PS5 my primary for hosting my PS4 fightmen, but only play PGA 2K21 with my dad at the minute, so the S wins by default. I'm technically an owner of PS5, S, and PC. Not counting iOS because mine's too old to run most stuff (including the NHS tracing app!).

It's embarrassing to say it, but I think I at least partially base my console choices on whether a platform has a decent version of Street Fighter on it! Last two gens were thrown off balance for me, because SF5 was a block of shite.

Getting hold of a half decent laptop by chance has also killed my desire for a PS5 or Series*. 
    A good PC is useful for me work-wise anyway, so unless Valve go bankrupt, I won't bother with a console unless something really drastic happens tech-wise to force a true dichotomy like we last had in the PS3/Xbox 360 days, which sort of aligns with what davy wrote above.

I mean, what have I really missed? Elden Ring is on Steam (I'm not into Souls anyway). Olli Olli, Guilty Gear (I'll get it eventually). Pretty sure I'll get to play Persona 5 soon too... I'm stiff for GT7 though, but I'll get over it.

The Switch is different. Zelda alone was worth the price. Even playing it now, BotW can feel like a real-life travel experience. And until the Joycons gave way, I was really feeling Splat 2. That 'Nintendo difference' hasn't worn off for me yet, but I'm very angry about the Joycons.

I'm rambling a bit... Boris' post has me thinking about how I feel about the current state of industry... I like the Steam-Deck, and might even buy it, but if I already have a decent PC, I'm throwing money away. The Steam Deck will make for a good dev target though, even if Microsoft put an official hack on there.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    OP updated. PC taken over PS5 but Xbox comfortably ahead.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Here’s my list in order of usage:

Xbox SX
    PS5
    PC (only to play fortnight with my Son when he’s downstairs on the Xbox or ps5)
    Switch (og version)
    Rift v1
    iPhone (just for chess - does that count?!)
  • Linux PC. My Steam library is pretty big and can only keep growing.
    Nintendo DS. I have a large collection from my periodic visits to Game when I was in the UK. I think I need to get a 3DS just to be on the safe side if my Lite dies.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • PS5 - still my preferred place for the odd multi-format AAA-er that interests.
    Series X - would probably use more if i didn’t dislike the UI so much and they’d made their pads from something other than that chewed up paper that wasps spit and shit out to make into flimsy houses for the summer. 
    Switch - getting a little less time since GP started putting some of those Indie fancies out there day 1 and for free.  Am also onboard with Moots theory of regressive power output from the thing.  It’s getting worse and worse as it ages.
    A PC that i never turn on so don’t count it.
    Sonic and Sudoko in the Tesla as the boy runs around a football pitch.
    A Mac Studio but that’s almost exclusively for SketchUp.
    An iPhone that may still very, very, occasionally get used for Scrabble and DevStory.
    iPad Pro for all that Arcade goodness.
    STILL loving a good game of hide and seek around the house so put house down as a new format please.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    OP Updated… Teslas and Hide and Seek very much don’t count.
  • A Tesla sounds like mobile gaming to me.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    You tell him Pops!

UgYaL26.gif
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Can you get Xbox cloud gaming to work on that thing?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Haven’t tried, but now you mention it…
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    A Tesla sounds like mobile gaming to me.

This not a democracy

4374.jpg?width=465&quality=45&auto=format&fit=max&dpr=2&s=2e43e89af3f49308ddfd1014b599f550
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message

‘Did you see, Dad?!’

‘Well done, Sonic!’
  • Escape wrote:
    ‘Did you see, Dad?!’ ‘Well done, Sonic!’

Not far off.  He’s older now and the novelty has worn off.  Should probably get a new one.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    PC for FFXIV
    Switch for Monster Hunter
    3DS and GBA in case I want to play something that might have an actual end
    PS4 if I'm in the mood but with B and roommate still working from home I find it hard to concentrate on single player games. At least handheld I can play in the bedroom.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Added Nina to the data and made the chart a bit more "on brand" though the Xbox and Mac wedges colours are connected for some reason I can't be bothered to work out.

1. Xbox clearly ahead
       2. If you bundle PS4 and PS5 then that's second
       3. Tied third is PC and Switch
  • 1. PS5 for most of my gaming.
    2. Switch every now and then.

I really don't get time to play games much these days though, not even met the first boss in Elden Ring yet.
  • How comes there's no Vita, Wii U or 3DS in the chart? Few people have voted for them haven't they?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    From the OP:

I'd be interested to know what everyone owns now and currently/actively plays on from modern consoles/PC (this/last gen)

It came about from a discussion about the amount of games being produced currently and I was interested in how many current consoles people own and regularly game on.
  • Yeah, they're last gen aren't they?

8th gen with PS4 and Xbox One.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    To be fair (and I would have liked 3DS to be included) all three of those are in the process of shutting down game submissions and storefronts whereas Xbox One and PS4 are continuing as active consoles for the foreseeable future.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah, they're last gen aren't they?

Guess I was seeing it as platforms with active current development. I’m assuming there is very little coming out for those systems.

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    How comes there's no Vita, Wii U or 3DS in the chart? Few people have voted for them haven't they?

Chill. Dude will have to add more colours to the graph.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    IIRC Vita is dead, Wii U and 3DS still have upcoming releases including some physicals for 3DS but applications for new games have closed so it's just developers finishing off and releasing what they have applied for.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Yeah, they're last gen aren't they?

Guess I was seeing it as platforms with active current development. I’m assuming there is very little coming out for those systems.

Fair enough.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Gamermike adding to the PS5 count, OP updated.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    IIRC Vita is dead...

A long time ago, too, I think.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!