Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Ah right, you can still do this I assume but setting it 'Modern' mode on stick too? Or did your Google search confirm otherwise?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You probably technically can, but it looks like you’ve got four modifier buttons which need to be held in conjunction with hitting four face buttons and pressing directions on the stick, which sounds almost as much of a faff as learning the combos.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Okay that's not how I understood it from watching a demonstration video. Thought there was only 1 special button and 3 face buttons? They method you mention above sounds like too much faffing indeed. I think I might invest in a Hori Fight Pro or something should I ever actually fucking manage to buy a PS5...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I could be misunderstanding it, but that’s what it appears to be from what I can tell.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    This was the video I watched with regards to the above yesterday evening:

• Not sure if this will work:

Street-Fighter-6-Modern-Controls-02-1480x1049.webp
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Okay, re-reading it, it looks like there may be one modifier button on R2?

But still, holding that with one finger and trying to hit other buttons with other fingers may be a bit of a faff. IDK, needs investigation.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Needs some time in the lab for sure.
  • So this can still be played in the old style with quarter turns for fireballs etc, right? I could just select the classic control scheme rather than holding my head in my hands to stop myself LOSING MY MIND?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    So this can still be played in the old style with quarter turns for fireballs etc, right?

Yep.
  • Simplified controls for the 3D brawling, classic controls for the fightmans then. I'm up for prowling the streets, hopefully they slip a co-op mode in there.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Some nice combo displays here. Definitely seems like a slower more forgiving game in terms of frame by frame data. Revisiting III and IV you can see the immediate difference in speed. Also appears to be a much bigger emphasis on smaller/more damaging combos?

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Can I ask the regular fightmans here, am I OK to watch vids from yer man Maximillian Dood?

Away from the camera he's probably fine, but I can only watch him on mute. He's stuck in a presentational timewarp where Howard Stern's a thing, and I went silent running after he kept messing with his mic in one preview when it was picking up his voice perfectly. Very American.

But he's chief fightman influencer and tends to get content first. Just don't cosplay him and you'll be grand.

Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I could just select the classic control scheme rather than holding my head in my hands to stop myself LOSING MY MIND?

Dane Bowers is gonna make this really easy.
  • Being limited to only 3 pokes/normals is a problem, no one is going to stick with Modern scheme on that basis. Pure fudge, sad.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Being limited to only 3 pokes/normals is a problem, no one is going to stick with Modern scheme on that basis. Pure fudge, sad.

I made a comment on discord about this having watched a few combo videos - seems the days of intricate footsie shenanigans is on the up and out, a lot of the combos seem to be either as a result of counters or landing heavies. My old Best Bipson heart aches with the technical skill to even land his most basic of footsie combos.

I dreamed of c.lk > c.lk > c.lk -> scissors of many a night and the unforgiving frame-window for said pokes.

Shame...
  • It just seems categorically weaker to have no access to three whole buttons that a classic moder is going to, unless those buttons are just pure trash in which case... why have them at all.
  • For beginners.
    You rang.....
  • Lurch666 wrote:
    For beginners.

I get this idea but it's never good to learn easy from the start of something if you ever want to get anyway good is it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel you are better picking one style and working with it. Is execution of moves really that big a barrier in these games?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Certainly, and simplifying QCFs etc is laudable, but not at the cost of other likely useful normal buttons.
  • Complexity of controls are an issue tho.
    Consider how well SF2 sold. And then consider SF3 popularity and sales.
    SF3 almost killed the series despite critical acclaim.

What Capcom wants is to lower the barrier to jump in. They want back the players they lost with sf2. They're looking at stuff like dota2 and minecraft and overwatch and are probably thinking: how can we get our userbase back? Surely we can build an audience like that? Simple controls might be the answer to draw new players in. Whether they'll be able to play competitive and stay with the game is something we'll have to wait and see.

Easy operation with CvS2 didn't really pan out. Let's hope Capcom has learned from the past and comes up with something more substantiable.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • This new thing seems literally no better than EO, which is what's so odd to me. I think if they want the big audiences they have to risk pissing off the hardcore more by forcing everyone to play with the same shit. If that shit needs to be notionally 'easier' to scorch into muscle-memory, so fucking be it.

You can absolutely load up on technical complexity instead, look at Smash.
  • Agreed. Capcom should keep tinkering and improving the simplified scheme with every season. They're not going to get it right in one take.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    High difficulty should never be required but should always be there. It's the benefit of having so many characters. Gameplay scope narrows without.
  • Thing that came out the autocombo system in Jojo ASB was people working out you could do busted roman cancels with, it sort of ruled. I hope that's kept in the remaster that's out later this year.
  • SF should go for the good of the other franchises that have being pulling their weight over the years, but purely for the fact they aren't SF a huge chunk of people never give them a look.

Etc.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Maybe it's just cause I've grown up with it, but the basic 6 button control set up with sf and the execution of specials was never an issue. Everyone gets half circle, quarter circle stuff. But whenever I tried to get casual friends to do things called focus attacks, v triggers and parries, that's when the eyes glaze over. The button inputs can be simple but managing the multiple items with the drive meter is arguably more a barrier to entry than whether you have 3 punches and 3 kicks
    SFV - reddave360
  • SF licensed to SNK or ArcSys or Namco let's go. Or Mahvel actually.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Maybe it's just cause I've grown up with it, but the basic 6 button control set up with sf and the execution of specials was never an issue. Everyone gets half circle, quarter circle stuff. But whenever I tried to get casual friends to do things called focus attacks, v triggers and parries, that's when the eyes glaze over. The button inputs can be simple but managing the multiple items with the drive meter is arguably more a barrier to entry than whether you have 3 punches and 3 kicks

True, I wish more new players were told they can have fun without needing to use all the tools in the toolbox on day 1.
  • O no it's been a week and I can't hit 3x 1f links into a 720 super on reaction, I quit this game 4eva, etc.
  • Despite my shitposting I would love SF6 to be amazing and get people playing, but I can't be anything other than pessimistic after how SF5 and MvCi and I guess the sucking started before that with SFxT and the whole gems bullshit and just getting dropped almost immediately after that first round of DLC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!