THE BIG PS3 THREAD
  • I've thought about buying a new one :(
    The Forum Herald™
  • I blame you hodge.

Copied my gt6 save onto USB.

Started the reformat. PS3 died. One flashing red light.

The Forum Herald™
  • Oh yeah,blame the Irishman. That's racism right there. RACISM!!!!
    Have you googled what the flashing light means?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I just have. It said 'don't take advice from an Irishman'.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Oh yeah,blame the Irishman. That's racism right there. RACISM!!!!
    Have you googled what the flashing light means?

Yeah. Death.

The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah but is it recoverableable?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I think one of the times mine died was a flashing red light. So, probably, yeah.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Yeah but is it recoverableable?

How would I recover it if it was? It wont turn on.. it flashes red permanently with a bit of yellow just after I switch it on.. if anything it seems worse than the last one. It literally died about 10 minutes into the reformat?

I couldn't do a lot of research on my iPhone last night? what's the best diagnostic site?

I've arranged to buy a slim with 500gb and a load of games for £130.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Wouldn't worry too much about it then!
  • I generally fix mine with a screwdriver and a heat gun.
  • Yeah.. i generally throw mine away and curse Sony for making some shit. Presumably the Slims are better built to cope with the heat of trying to download something?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Don't ask me,I'll only say the wrong thing!!
  • Davie youll need to show me how to post pics n vids of fifa im gonna start a fut thread, xbox welcome too
  • Some chancer has just totally tried to have me off. Fat PS3 boxed in a 160 slim box with a sixaxis controller and the same flashing red light. Photoing the box was misleading although I should have smelled a rat. One angry ish phone call and I have my cash back.
    The Forum Herald™
  • It's not going well at all for you Bob!
  • And all I wanna do is play Killzone HD!
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'd just buy a new one. £190 for 500GB model from Amazon.
  • It's good but it's not right Skondo.

If I'm going to spend £200 I may as well buy a ps4

I want to play ps3. I don't really wanna spend more than a £100.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Open it up, fire a heat gun at the GPU for a few seconds. All good.
  • Bob wrote:
    It's good but it's not right Skondo.

If I'm going to spend £200 I may as well buy a ps4

I want to play ps3. I don't really wanna spend more than a £100.

I'll sell you mine for £100+p&p, 250 GB slim. Will delete my login detail but leave my account on there so you can access the dozens of games already on there as well.
  • AJ wrote:
    Open it up, fire a heat gun at the GPU for a few seconds. All good.
    I'll try that. Is there a youtube video?

@adored - ideally i want one today but if I don't get sorted in town and you accept cash that's a deal.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Fuck me if I was buying a PS3 for the first time I'd go fucking mental.

I was going to buy a used 160 Slim from Game with my choice of 5 used games for £130.. the I spied that I could buy a brand new 500 super slim with God of War: Ascenion in limited edition white for £180.. figured I might as well buy new and be done with it.

Get it home. As usual with Sony lovely hardware. Plug it all in. Plug the ethernet in. Power up. Go through the set up. Try and sign in. Can't sign in until I've updated. Go to update. Error message. Great. Try again. Get up date. Put in GoW. 9 Updates.. great ... it's been going half an hour or so now. 

In the meantime realise I can't use this new PS3 for PSN store cos I can only register 2 PS3s to the account and I can't deactivate them as it says because clearly they're fucked.

Can't find a number for helpline in any of the literature.. what the fuck happened to a decent manual? I get that a lot of simple problems can be solved over the net but at least print a fucking helpline number somewhere thats not for Australia.. thanks for that.

Google it and the nice woman at Sony gives me the number for Sony Playstation help.

The man directs me to a website to deactivate everything.. website tells me I need to do it on the device.. ring back.. man talks me through a website that looks nothing like he says ( i even sign out and re sign in and still don't have a menu down the right hand side) and eventually in the tiny small print at the bottom of the website under all the main choices I find the option I need which lets me deactivate all devices..

Great work everyone.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Talk about impatient. You still want that YouTube video?
  • Bob bob bob

You can deactivate old machines over the web

Go to the online store, log in. Go to account settings, it should ask you to log in again for security.
    Go to devices, choose Playstation Systems.
    Deactivate your systems from there.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • The website itself tells you to do it on the machine itself I know you can do it on the web now but it's hardly user friendly is it!??@aj yes pleade
    The Forum Herald™
  • Okay. Will try and remember to dig one out when I get home.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Yeh I could talked you thru the deactivation stuff here or gave you a ring or whatever.

Done it numerous times, for myself and friends.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Bob wrote:
    The website itself tells you to do it on the machine itself I know you can do it on the web now but it's hardly user friendly is it!??@aj yes pleade

Does it?
    Never had that issue myself.
  • Seems I had it slightly wrong
    You need to go to 'Account', 'Media and Devices' and then click 'Deactivate all'

Apparently I have 3 PS3 systems activated for games. Go figure

Deactivate_zps3f9a5e00.png
  • Yeah I've done it now. But if you go to devices at the top menu it tells you to do it on the device itself.

Still getting the same DNS error on the new machine and trophies won't sync at all! I hate you Sony's network!
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!