Nintendo Switch 2! Or Switch U or whatever they decide to call it
‹ Previous123456717
  • https://www.eurogamer.net/nintendo-demoed-switch-2-to-developers-at-gamescom

Now being shown to developers who have their hands on devkits

Launch late 24?

The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I bloody love my Switch. Well up for something new. With good battery life…
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    I bloody love my Switch. Well up for something new. With good battery life…

Better joycons/controllers for me.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I’ll be pissed if there’s not an OLED option on launch
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    To BC or not to BC?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    BC+
  • I'm sure they will put work into the general specs but it's the joycons that need the work. There needs to be a way to have a workable dpad and it would be cool if they could emulate a mouse in a similar manner to the lenovo legion.
    SFV - reddave360
  • They must call it the Super Switch. They must.
  • It will be BC. One million per cent certain.
  • Better joycons with drift free sticks, more robust connections to the console and without stick covers that are so easily removed that all of mine are missing them just because I have the gall to let my kids play games
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • My SNES still works, my N64 controllers are in perfectly playable condition and my GC controller is solid as fuck.
    Do that again Nintendo, build the fucking things to last
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • And give it a suspend mode that actually suspends it
    The Forum Herald™
  • Mine suspends it. In both space and time.
    The hover is quite spectacular
  • If the JoyCons lasted they would've been pretty good. Even the directional dpad might've been excusable imo. The option to use them as a single pad is great for kids, they work as pointers and gyro thingies with HD RUMBLE. The problem is they don't last long if they're used and either suffer drift or stop working as solo pads. Based on my fag packet calculations you've got more chance of biting into KitKat and discovering solid chocolate than having a working JoyCon that's seen any sort of prolonged use.
  • Lol @ HD rumble

@wookie - if you’ve been kidnapped and you’re trying to ask for help - it’s not on its way - hope they don’t bum rape you
    The Forum Herald™
  • I’ve got 2017 switch joycons which still work great though must say it’s unlikely they’ve seen as much use as wooks’ and moot’s
  • Tbf no console I've ever had has seen as much use as my Switch. The main unit has held up spectacularly well.
  • Bob wrote:
    Lol @ HD rumble

@wookie - if you’ve been kidnapped and you’re trying to ask for help - it’s not on its way - hope they don’t bum rape you

What on earth are you on about?

• Mario Wonder looks lovely. If it's easy across the board it'll be bad but I reckon after Mario Maker they know their onions on this and it'll be brutal if you want the challenge.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Oops wrong thread.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    They must call it the Super Switch. They must.

Ultra Switch.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    My SNES still works, my N64 controllers are in perfectly playable condition and my GC controller is solid as fuck. Do that again Nintendo, build the fucking things to last

Whether or not I get a Super Switch, I reckon my OG will stay hooked up for a while. We've been through a lot together, me and that wee scamp.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Bob wrote:
    I’ll be pissed if there’s not an OLED option on launch

Lcd apparently

PSN - minkymu
  • I don’t understand how people are hoping to get some kind of (approximately) Series S level hardware into something roughly the size of a Switch Oled? I think MS were praised all over for their neat and tidy engineering design with their current consoles and we’re meant to expect Nintendo to do even better whilst also powering the screen and using a battery that will run all this for four or five hours? Seems too much like fingers crossed voodoo to me.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Switch Unlimited: No Limits
  • I don’t understand how people are hoping to get some kind of (approximately) Series S level hardware into something roughly the size of a Switch Oled? I think MS were praised all over for their neat and tidy engineering design with their current consoles and we’re meant to expect Nintendo to do even better whilst also powering the screen and using a battery that will run all this for four or five hours? Seems too much like fingers crossed voodoo to me.

I reckon the end product will be slightly less powerful than lower end expectations.  That's been the case with quite a few Nintendo consoles over the years.  I'd be fully erect for a handheld PS4/Xbox One level console, and maybe they could add more [RAM?  Memory bandwidth?] so it punches above its weight with ports.

All guesswork at this point but i'd expect something between PS4 and Series S. The current gen consoles came at kinda a weird time when FSR and DLSS and ray-tracing tech was starting to be a thing, but it was all kinda early. After years of, lets say, power growth stagnation due to the emphasis on mobile and efficiency, there was finally some proper big leaps again. 

The PS4 gen effectively covered the equivalent Nvidia period from the 980 up the the 2080 just launching, so right there at the end you get a huge leap. And...the PS4 and Xbox One were already kinda middle of the road (albeit capable) when they launched. So, both new consoles went with the shiny tech and small margins. Ideally they probably both would have liked to wait another year or two until all that tech was established and you could get more bang for buck, but both consoles were already long in the tooth. They had to get something out. 

Some DLSS capability with lower resolutions (720/1080) upscaled to sth like 1440/4K seems not altogether unreasonable. It'll be downclocked for heat and battery life again, I imagine, which is normal for handhelds and mobile devices. I'm imagining some highly modified and slightly tripped down / bespoke circa-2018 to 2020 Nvidia setup (which are actually really decent and should work fine). They'll have plenty of grunt, they'll use Ampere (would genuinely be surprised if they didn't) and so it should end up to be a pretty nifty little device. 

I'm not expecting crazy battery life. Sorry for those that think a new gen is a chance for a better battery but...that rarely, if ever happens, without making things much bigger.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Sw*tched: You Foit Loik Me Da

Beswitched, surely?
‹ Previous123456717

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!