Three Good Things
  • 1. Finished a project, updated a video, rendered some product shots, prepped an estimate all before 3pm. Bulls-eyeing womp rats in my T-16 today.

2. Payday eve, finaaaaaly.

3. The sun has come out to play.
    1. Realised the reason it’s been so peaceful and relaxed at work is that the MD is on an unannounced holiday for a week. Blessed silence.
    2. Day-before-payday lunch on the company. Always a pleasure, and a chance to shoot the breeze with colleagues for half an hour.
    3. Got a cracking comedy photo of the dog messaged to me from our dog walkers at lunchtime.
  • 1.) I took over a technical account in October, and on the weekly call this morning, was told that the Project Management team was "super-happy" with the work me and the team was providing, adding it was "so much better" now than before I took over.  

I'm still not getting my hopes up, but I'm hoping stuff like this will count for something when the consultancy period is up in February.
    [quote="SpaceGazelle"]It doesn't matter who you vote for, the politicians always get in.[/quote]
  • 1) It's finally payday. And with that in mind I was able to brave checking my bank balance for the first time in a couple of weeks, only to find I hadn't spent nearly as much as I thought this month. Which also means I've been able to book a nice lunch date for wife and I in Edinburgh on Saturday. 
    2) We've also just been told that as of next month work is shifting us to payday on the last Friday of the month rather than last working day. Much more reasonable. Plus we're getting additional annual holiday days out of it.
    3) I'm just about to go for a much-needed haircut.
  • 1. Payday
    2. Moussaka for tea
    3. Yak 0 on
  • 1- I played an hour of Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth over my lunchtime whilst wrapped up in a big snuggly blanket.
    2- I had a big proper vent at my line manager and he actually agreed with all of my points and reassured me that things WILL change.
    3- I made slow cooker veggie enchiladas for dinner and they smell AMAZING
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 1. Finally got a dispatch notice for a stupidly expensive vinyl box set coming from America and it seems to have dodged extra customs charges. Winner.

2. Colleague bought me a mixed doner hoagie for tea. Unreal scran.

3. Just one backshift left. I am fuckin burst.
  • 1) My eldest overcame a massive barrier at Uni.  There are a lot yet to come for her, but as it's been really difficult for a long time, but it's a relief to see something going right for her. 
    2) She's literally just written a long essay about the evidence for the importance of good relationships between fathers and daughters and cited me as her inspiration for doing so which was genuinely lovely.
    3) My other daughter has rediscovered her love for video games since I showed her Wonderlands which is weirdly pleasing.  (We used to play together all the time, and then she essentially stopped for ages...)
  • Slow cooker enchiladas were terrible.
    Will not make again
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    1) My eldest overcame a massive barrier at Uni.  There are a lot yet to come for her, but as it's been really difficult for a long time, but it's a relief to see something going right for her.  2) She's literally just written a long essay about the evidence for the importance of good relationships between fathers and daughters and cited me as her inspiration for doing so which was genuinely lovely.

Those two can be my one, two and three for today.
  • Gym.  My happy place.  (Except I mostly hate the other fuckers around me and can't wait to have my own gym.)

Best bit of a very shit day / few days.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I really should try and not be so grumpy, not let shit get me down, and try my best to look at the bright side of things and hold on to the little things, so...

2. Went through some of my videogame prints with the wife and kids and enjoyed just ooing and aahing and discussing which could go where if/when we frame some of them.  I cited the cost of framing as why I haven't done it yet, wife offered to pay for two to be framed and go up, "just get it framed and put them up" as she said.  Yeah, just do it.

3. New protein shake and protein bars arrived, gonna try the shake before bed and a bar maybe tomorrow.  It was from a website called Healf who stock items by Transparent Labs, a brand I used to import many moons ago until it got too expensive and also customs stopped my whey protein once and warned me - I didn't even know you can't import whey protein or other milk-based products!
  • I got my yoga mat through Healf, no complaints, seems like a decent company and the mat was 40% off.
    Turns out yoga mats that don't stretch when you're trying to do stuff are expensive.
  • 1.) We got through January!
    2.) The feeling of constant dread from yesterday has dissipated. 
    3.) I can't remember the exact date already, but I'm not too far away from two months sober.
    [quote="SpaceGazelle"]It doesn't matter who you vote for, the politicians always get in.[/quote]
  • Great stuff Kris. You sound like you're making real progress:)
    In terms of that feeling of dread just remember, "this too shall pass"

My list:
    1- I have taken the morning off to hang out with my little one.
    2 - I have then extended that morning into a full day because I really don't want to deal with bullshit at work
    3 - I am taking the afternoon to be by myself at the local fishing lake. Just me, myself and I.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    1) Bday top present of a new Chinese cleaver - will be heavily used tomorrow
    2) Off for the biggest Indian grill lunch 
    3) Playing Infinite Wealth on the sofa this afternoon as the missus has brought a jigsaw for herself
  • Cleavers are a multipurpose tool, fantastic bits of kit. All the chopping and tenderising of food, or course, but also a hammer or screwdriver in a pinch. Source: my mum. Hope you enjoy it, Boris. And happy birthday!
  • 1. My vinyl arrived. The Playable Collection by glassjaw. A band that always do things weirdly, of course they announced a 30th anniversary lp collection only available from one retailer in the US. But I got mines and it is glorious.

2. New sneaker day too! Went and collected a smashing deal I got on some Air Max 1's from Offspring. Whips looking clean. Webbs and Mark should be proud.

3. Seventh and last backshift. Thank fuck. Off to St Andrews on Saturday for a wedding. Nice.
  • Cleavers are a multipurpose tool, fantastic bits of kit. All the chopping and tenderising of food, or course, but also a hammer or screwdriver in a pinch. Source: my mum. Hope you enjoy it, Boris. And happy birthday!

Your Mum bought b0r1s a cleaver?
  • 1. My vinyl arrived. The Playable Collection by glassjaw. A band that always do things weirdly, of course they announced a 30th anniversary lp collection only available from one retailer in the US. But I got mines and it is glorious. 2. New sneaker day too! Went and collected a smashing deal I got on some Air Max 1's from Offspring. Whips looking clean. Webbs and Mark should be proud. 3. Seventh and last backshift. Thank fuck. Off to St Andrews on Saturday for a wedding. Nice.

I didn't know Offspring had branched out.  Hope their selling is better than their music.
  • Offspring had... offspring?
  • Tbh the recent Adidas x Korn collab was class

YA YA YA YA YA

Your Mum bought b0r1s a cleaver?

The bear n badger is one big family.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And it was very much appreciated:-)
  • 1) I did a dry January! I know I shouldn't really be proud of not drinking, but that was the longest I've gone without a drink for nearly 20 years. It's nice to know that I'm not a functioning alcoholic and very good to know that I don't rely on booze to get me through stressful times (January has been a nightmare at work).

2) Got the kitchen tap replaced and it's no longer dripping, which it has been for over a year. Also found a reliable and reasonable plumber/gas engineer at the same time. Thank christ.

3) BG3 continues to be incredible. Can't remember the last time I cared so much about characters in a video game.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Top work on no.1. Enjoy Feb.
  • 1.) Last Guardian boughted.  It's still fiddly as fuck, but still just lovely.
    2.) Er...
    3.) IT'S FRIDAY!!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    1) Friday innit. Takeaway edible beer night.
    2) Home alone all weekend. Apart from walking the dog, nothing on. Cyberpunk and films await.
    3) Discovered at work they're stress testing a new telephony/ICBM/CSaaS system (Genesys) I know in and out and used to troubleshoot in my old role. Pinged off a couple of critical problems I found previously, which are hard to pick up until integration, to the guy leading it. They now want me on the support/stress team for the system which will body VERY well for the IS role I've applied for. They weren't aware they already had an experienced user of the system within the business so wanna rack my brains.
  • 1- super productive morning at work
    2- house to myself today.
    3 - my wife is out with her friends tonight! I have the house to myself once the kids are in bed!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!