Three Good Things
  • regmcfly wrote:
    3. C said "I hope you have a lovely haircut" as I was leaving the house.
    3- Finally getting a haircut! At the barbers now. Can't wait to look human again

What is this, Good Haircut Friday or something?
  • I think they had an agreement…
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I see what you did there.
  • Reg and I are sat side by side. We hold hands whilst they cut out hair so we can stay calm
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Fucking hate haircuts. These days I tend to wait until I look like a tramp, then I shave beard and hair off to go full skinhead. I know when it's time when they pause before serving you in pubs, trying to figure out if you're a homeless crazy person.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I hate haircuts too, I usually just take a set of clippers to my head once every few months.
    My wife made me promise I'd make an effort to look "presentable" this time though
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I don't even have a mirror in the flat so things can get missed.
  • I like getting a haircut.

30 minutes out, cant do anything else in that time. Have a chat with Roberto about the state of Juventus.
    Come out feeling fresh and clean.

Love it.
  • I used to love haircuts when I had long hair. Lovely head massage during shampoo, coffee and magazine just before and during cut, loved the way they would cut my hair. Used to take at least an hour.

Now it’s 20 minutes at the barber’s using just clips and I hate it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I like my haircut. Glass of prosecco, head massage, just time for me. I pay £40 for the privilege which I know is insane but it's my treat.
  • I can’t justify that anymore given I don’t really get it styled or keep that much hair. I should probably just do it at home myself and save the £10.
  • Jeez, my haircuts are 10 minutes with a nicotine-fingered Glaswegian called Ray who has pictures of the Rat Pack all over the walls and an endless stream of golf highlights playing on the telly, and I pay £15 for the privilege.
  • £15????? For 10 minutes?! Crikey. Mine sometimes takes 30 minutes cos he loves chatting and has footy on etc but still charges just £10.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    As I said it's the treat. I know it's ludicrous.
  • Used to be a tenner for 15 mins but it crept up after the pandemic (and he got quicker cos I became a regular and he knows what I'm after). Still the best option I've found near me though.
  • My guy hasn’t increased his prices for yeeeeeeearrsss and I do wonder how he does financially. Has a lot of regulars though, cos he’s such a nice guy.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Glass of prosecco

Easy tiger!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    5pm Sunday it's good Friday get lit
  • The guy who cuts my hair is the vocalist here

*fast show voice*... Which is nice.

Plus he makes me feel good about myself and talks my hair up even though I know it is failing in the battle against Father Time and he's a really nice guy so I don't mind the £25.
  • And three doors down from them is a coffee place that does maritozzi's that are to die for. Dennistoun - not bad, actually.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    5pm Sunday it's good Friday get lit

:)
  • Jeez lads, some of the prices in here. I go to a glitzy city centre salon (because it’s next to my work) and even I only pay £25. The girls take their time, and I get a nice coffee and a head massage with my barnet-taming. Not a bad way to spend a lunch break.
  • Yeah, my barber is a top bloke. Iranian iirc. Been going to him for about ten years now, to get my bro-hawk trimmed once a month. Always pay him £20 regardless of what he's currently charging. Suffice to say his prices have shot up in recent years, so the reality for me is his tip is getting smaller. Would hate to see him go under tho. Tough times for these sorts of small businesses.
    I like getting a haircut. When you have a daft hairstyle like mine, once you find the man that can do the job for you, he becomes worth his weight in gold, hence the overpaying.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    £21.50 hair and beard, the other day he just did my eyebrows without asking, I felt a bit violated. I'm gonna get mine done next weekend. No point this week as I'm not going to see anyone other than the grandkids.
  • £15 + £5 tip for mine. When it needs doing I'll get it done while Tilly's in a creative writing class after school, which lasts just over an hour. Takes 10mins to walk up to the barbers and I'm usually straight in a chair. It's always touch and go if I'm going to be on time for the end of her class because they take so fucking long doing all the gizmo bits - 'not too much much off the top and no.5 round the sides' seems to take about 4 different attachments followed by a straight razor before the scissors even come out. I appreciate the fact that they're taking pride in their work but the way they gradually shave it down over the course of well over half an hour is ridiculous. The alternative is John's barbers, which is closer to where the class is, but John's a wally.
  • I’m a do it at home with clippers and scissors person. Not been to a barbers in the best part of a decade, I think.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    But what if I feel good
  • You’re more than welcome to get a haircut and enjoy the experience.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've been doing my own since the combo of Nate's barnet falling out due to the chemo and that crackerjack torching my barbers and setting light to himself in the process.

Used to have to go to a salon in town when I had my sexy long hair, the short back and sides universal haircut for everyone which most cheap barbers do no matter what you say wasn't going to do it justice. Loved a natter with the lasses as they washed my barnet, they were a funny bunch.

Once Nate's hair grows back proper I'll see what the old place is like after the enforced renovation. I've a feeling they're wrong 'uns but they are very local. Swings and roundabouts
  • Mine was 45 minutes with a lovely brunette lady with a really nice smile.
    She spent ages getting things just right and then even trimmed my eyebrows up for me.
    £20.
    Was quite nice having nothing to do other than sit and make small talk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!