Just given up on...
  • But wait! We have a tweet! Communication from up high! Omg and it's from the account they set up specifically for gameplay announcements because the 'home' account was getting too much abuse! Yay! Hope it's about a patch...

What does it say?
    vx4MzWc.jpg

"basically, you fucks, we're gonna look at your coin balance and if we feel you have too much we're gonna put the big juicy UNTRADEABLE fodder pack at the front, just to tempt you that little bit more"

Don't worry lads they are ON IT like Rishi on a car bonnet, that's on fire.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    If you use real money to buy packs you’re just contributing to the problem. I play online to get seven wins and then I’m back to Squad Battles.

I can play with ‘fun’ teams and there’s minimal stress involved.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    (That was a general post btw, not aimed at you Gav, just so we’re clear.)
  • All good mate. Like I say, I've had to find my own way to this point and fully accept I played more than my own part in facilitating it.

What we really need is a 3hr long Folding Ideas video, or yer man People Make Games to properly investigate, that's the dream.
  • So long as no one buys the moran editions then i think they'll take the hint....;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Unfortunately I dont see EA changing FIFA or whatever its called now unless there are some strict laws made against FUT.

They are creating addicts and the money those addicts pump in will far outstrip those that bin off the series because they want a good football game.
    I'd suggest they might fix some things but they will be the things that ensure the prizes continue to offer a sense of status.
  • if only they would split it into ftp and paid
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EA FC / FIFA needs to go into retirement for a few years which I understand it can't do, but it needs a real hard look at itself. When no kids in my school are playing it because it's "broken" you know they've got a problem.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Kids ‘give up on’ Fifa every year because it is broken. It’s the cool thing to say.

Ironically, it’s the most I’ve enjoyed it for a while. Admittedly 95% of my Ultimate Team experience is against the AI, but after retiring Destiny 2, it’s my current timesink.
  • Olimite wrote:
    Kids ‘give up on’ Fifa every year because it is broken. It’s the cool thing to say.

Haha
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Olimite wrote:

Actually they don't. They just get on with it. They might complain about UT but not like this

Not like this
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    When no kids in my school are playing it because it's "broken" you know they've got a problem.
    Olimite wrote:
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Wait.... Am I a kid???

No srsly, there's a difference between playing like Oli describes, which is the least stressful way of playing tbh, and what I've described. Gameplays still fucked. Frostbite still a mess.

Some kids will just menu grind as well. In it for the coins.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I gave up on it. So I'm cool, right?
  • It’s the same as it’s always been but I just play seasons as Liverpool and I quite enjoy it. I tend to have to play France or PSG quite a lot because OG Mbappe but other than that I’m enjoying it more than the last couple of years.

Agree with aren’t in that it really needs a couple of years off for a full reset but that just can’t happen can it?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    A stack load of kids at my Primary still play so maybe the age range is relevant.

The worst thing the game ever did was the introduce custom tactics. Cue YouTubers moaning about the game secretly giving their viewership exactly what they want (meta this, meta that). Sheep with identikit teams unable to have a single sentient thought for fear of busting a blood vessel.

Clubs is still the best modes on the game and it’s criminal it doesn’t get any sort of following on here. Other than Gav though, I think the game is considered a bit of a fad.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Wait.... Am I a kid???

No, just pointing to others that saying you've given up on something and yet still buying it, and not playing it at all, are different things.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I'd rather be a kid than a dullard, tbh.
  • Clubs is alright but I always hit a wall with it, coming up against 11 6'7" freaks with albino afros and getting murdered by them gets old quick. Great fun when it clicks though, nothing tops a well made team goal with pals.

Custom Tactics is where my main irk just now lies. Like I've said, there's a separate issue of the actual makeup of Ultimate Team and it's modes and how it funnels you into spending cash. I'll go back if this game gets a patch fixing the broken 71 depth issue, and they tone down the ridiculous rebounds from passes and tackles.
  • I'd rather be a kid than a dullard, tbh.

You can still be a bit of a kid if you try. Go for it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I'd rather be a kid than a dullard, tbh.

I am a dullard, I admit.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    (I'm on your side, afgav, fwiw.)
  • o/

I’m old so I’m naturally a dullard now, as my kids tell me.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • S-tier dullards are only a step away from being interesting again. The goal is in sight for me.
  • The Adrian Chiles redemption arc.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    S-tier dullards are only a step away from being interesting again.

I'm off to read another Antony Beevor book, wish me luck.
  • I suspect for a lot of players the issues gav is upset about matter a lot less. If you're playing competitive online and everyone is using the same OP custom tactics, then it's going to get shit. If you're just playing local modes for fun then you maybe don't even notice.
    I've never touched custom tactics in these kind of games but i think you'll always get problems like that once you've give that much depth to tweak, there will be a combination that is most optimal.
    DS mentioned football manager and same issue there, there is so much complexity and variety in the options and systems that it's impossible to balance fairly...and people will grind the game to work out the optimal then everyone uses it and complains the game is broke.

Not saying gav or ds are wrong to be upset, i gave up on both those games long ago. I just thinks it is almost unavoidable problem when you combine that level of customising along with competitive and online info sharing these days.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The primary thing with FM is not the matches. They work really well this year. I am actually enjoying this year's release. But there are so many bugs and broken features. AI managers don't make subs correctly so players are fucking knackered and full of injuries. They don't rotate youth into the sides so wonder kids and others do not develop properly and waste away.

AI transfer management is broken (in one save City had six left wingers, four strikers, but only three defenders in total. They played Silva at LB. Their three strikers other than Haaland just never played).

Player morale is also broken. A mate had his team complain he didn't have enough goalkeepers in the squad (he had three). He bought three more(!) and the squad was still pissed. When a player, or squad, gets unhappy, it is an locked six month period you cannot do anything about. So you're fucked.

Loan players in some leagues still 'stay' at their parent clubs so they play two matches a day sometime. AI managers are ludicrously passive in matches a lot of the time and you can just blitz them.

Underneath its core train, buy, play, it is a broken fucking mess. Bugs raised several years ago not even addressed.

BUT! They did add the feature this year for your manager to have face paint. So its all good.
  • i'm no expert at this, but the other day my son paid coins (ie currency hes put money into) for a draft match - my understanding is he gets to pick the team out of a selection of cards and depending on how well he does after 5 matches you are rewarded with cards/coins etc.

So 2nd match in, midway through, the game hard crashes, PS5 restarts and hes lost his progress and is gets a crappy reward. No refund etc. I've just told him not to play that mode again.

We play together every now and then and the matches are a buggy mess - players disappearing (becoming invisible), shadows over saturated, players glitching. Thought this would have all been patched out by now.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I’m on Series X and not had anything like that happen. Sucks for your boy though :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!