Just given up on...
  • Time to say goodbye to Ghost of Tsushima. 22 hours in and can't face another 20 of same game mechanic/loop.A friend lent it to me thank feck. It's a classic case of ubisoftitus. Story should have been told in 25 hours. It's definitely an adiós and not an hasta luego...
    Peter3C
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Loser...
  • You could have mainlined the story in about 15.
    Anyway the best content of that classic is in its coop multi.
  • digi wrote:
    You could have mainlined the story in about 15.
    I might give that a go before I give it back..
    Peter3C
  • pc71 wrote:
    digi wrote:
    You could have mainlined the story in about 15.
    I might give that a go before I give it back..

You should.
  • I'm still yet to try the co-op stuff. Lent it to a mate 3 months ago but he's still going through Valhalla.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    pc71 wrote:
    Time to say goodbye to Ghost of Tsushima. 22 hours in and can't face another 20 of same game mechanic/loop.A friend lent it to me thank feck. It's a classic case of ubisoftitus. Story should have been told in 25 hours. It's definitely an adiós and not an hasta luego...

Double dip with the Director's Cut, coming soon....
  • Thought that was a joke but apparently not.  Director's cut games are a thing now then?  Odd.  The trailer even has horse armour.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Sonic Mania. Just nah, cba.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Amnesia Collection on Switch. I can't tell if I'm being thick, if the game is broken, or if it's some sort of Eternal Darkness-style sanity effect, but fuck it. I'm not butting my head against that particular brick wall until I happen upon the way forward.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Last Stop. Not much to say, it's just a bit shit really.
  • Sable.

MEH!
    To be fair i only just got into the 2nd area, so maybe it gets a lot more interesting. but it's just really dull and boring and I can't be bothered with more.
    I shouldn't have believed Bob when he said it's like 'uncharted without the combat'. actually, it's more like zelda breath of the wild without combat...or excitement, or sense of wonder or fun.
    The graphics, clever and artsy as they are, are so muted that the landscapes and vistas just look dull rather than beautiful, so it doesn't make climbing a big tower it's own reward...one section for me even went almost monochrome which just made the level a mess of squiggly lines.

I guess for some people the idea of a zelda with no threat or challenge sounds great, but for me sable offered nothing but dull fetch quests in an empty world. there wasn't even the hint of some larger quest to give me a reason to be doing all this.

I'm sure there will be a time (if not already happened) where I'll lament about why do all games have to be violent and about saving the world, and the hypocrisy of these complaints will be pointed out....but i think if you're not going to rely on those things then you need some compelling gameplay to make it worth playing.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I shouldn't have believed Bob.

One of life's key lessons
  • I'm a fan of the artist that Sable borrows its style from (Moebius/Jean Giraud) but yeah I found the game lacked any hooks for me after an hour's play. Shame.

But I honestly find that happens more and more these days as I'm time poor and find it harder to get that game 'buzz'.

Gave up on Breathedge. I enjoyed the humour, the style, etc. But once it opened up and gave me a vehicle, the micro management of food and water bored the shit out of me. The survival aspect became dull and got in the way of exploration. Again, if I wasn't picky about what I spend time on I'd probably keep going. It's a solid game.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's not man, it's shite. Try Grounded for that survival itch
  • Ok then.

It's shite.

:-D

Nah, my point is that I didn't really give a shit for the survival after a certain point. It's fine to build tension at the very beginning but after a certain point it became boring. Same reason I got fed up of subnautica - I don't want to worry about food and drink every 20 minutes and managing 20 different boxes of supplies.

But in Breathedge, tbf, I enjoyed the space aesthetic and the jokey vibe.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Black Widow

There have been a right mixed bag of Marvel films but generally always entertaining. This is just so so so boring. Tried twice. Nope.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I’ve never understood the title Breathedge. It sounds like it’s meant to be a pun, but of what? It annoys me.

Me too! Just presumed I was missing something.
  • Sounds like an old timey term for gingivitis.
  • Project Wingman. I'm basically just looking for other threads to whinge about it in now.

I've got a week off and not wasting it playing this. It does some things right but so much wrong. Level 6 took me an hour and a half. Deleted. Has made me wonder if I'd like the Ace Combat games though, they can't be as evil as this.

Edit: it doesn't even seem finished. It has all these PC style graphics options in the menu but you can't actually apply any of them so you're stuck with the defaults.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Try Grounded for that survival itch

Just keep your phone handy so you can google what the fuck it is you're meant to be doing next. Grounded has potential, but it's very much an early access title. If you play it "properly" you could spend tens of hours just wandering around. It lacks Minecraft's creativity to make that a fun experience as it stands.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Project Wingman. I'm basically just looking for other threads to whinge about it in now. I've got a week off and not wasting it playing this. It does some things right but so much wrong. Level 6 took me an hour and a half. Deleted. Has made me wonder if I'd like the Ace Combat games though, they can't be as evil as this. Edit: it doesn't even seem finished. It has all these PC style graphics options in the menu but you can't actually apply any of them so you're stuck with the defaults.

Ace Combat 7 is excellent, though in some ways I preferred 6 and wish they'd remaster it. I think IIRC it does have longish missions that need to be restarted if you fail, but I don't think they were as long as what you're describing, maybe more like 10-20 minutes though for some missions it largely depends on how good of an ace you are. The missions all have timers I think anyway.

I don't think I had too many issues with it aside from a couple of tricky missions where you fight some insanely manoeuvrable enemy hotshots. Playing on a high refresh display is bestest.
  • I also gave up on Sable early on. Spent real money on that game too. It is just a bit boring. The bike thing is a dog to ride on. Not really a fan of the art style and it was choppy as fuck performance wise.
  • Undungeon.

Really nice pixel art. Lots of potentially interesting systems. Story seems well told.

Unnecessarily complicated screen indicators and basics.

Noped out quick.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Severe lack of cards
  • Also true.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Psychonauts 2. I feel like it keeps showing me fun things then pulling me away from them whenever it looks like I might get to join in. I mean, that's literally the plot in the early stages - you're part of the Psychonauts and then you're an intern and have to do boring things - and if that's supposed to be a joke, it's completely backfired for me. I find most of the humour pretty lame anyway, and it seems like it's more important than the game, so I guess that's that.

I've seen bits of some interesting looking levels in videos that must be coming up at some point, but it's not worth dragging myself through the rest to get there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!