Gears thread
  • Nothing like a successful sniper headshot in Gears
  • The exploding melons are pretty cool.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I'll be on this at approx 7pm for a few hours.
  • Won't be home til 10:15 then it all depends on the situation at home. 
    Started campaign on Insane the other night because I've done 1,2&3 to that level already but barely got out of the prison so I'm obviously well out of practice. :(
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Good night of games there. Enjoying MP more than i thought i would. Seems a lot less bullshit than old gears.
  • Yeah it's a blast. Bit shit how going go game DVR no longer gives you the option to record a longer clip. Dash sucks. Anyhoo had some nice aggro loner kills yesterday

https://youtu.be/XYv7NhkV5y8
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It does, was doing it on mgs last night. Go to dvr and select end clip.
  • Man, watching that clip brought it all back. Jealous of you fuckers.
  • Fucker, singular. Most of the cunts on here be playin mgsv.
  • Stupid intellectually impoverished cretins
  • Gears was great Gonz...but it was ten years ago.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm too old for Halo so Gears is still great for me.
  • I ought to get royalties every time you pull that torque bow move.
  • It is actually better than ten years ago, the netcode is solid. There isn't one game out there than can match this experience. It's unique. Like gman, I thought it would be a nostalgia hit, but I am surprised by how much I love playing this game. It feels current, not retro.

The only thing that is lacking is 4 badgers playing. Execution is full of organised parties, it sucks to go in by yourself or even with just 1.
  • I ought to get royalties every time you pull that torque bow move.

It is surprising how effective it still is.

I joined those games after obv a long winning streak for the other side. They were not prepared for the deviousness and power weapon hoggery that would hit them once ozno joined.
  • Oh, I'm not saying it's retro or it isn't a great game, I just suspect that for most of us it was ten years ago and the world has moved on. I'm certainly not one for going back to anything from life's past, but others will doubtless disagree. Anyhoo, I'm glad you're still enjoying it.
  • i sort of wish he wasnt enjoying it tbh
  • g.man wrote:
    Oh, I'm not saying it's retro or it isn't a great game, I just suspect that for most of us it was ten years ago and the world has moved on. I'm certainly not one for going back to anything from life's past, but others will doubtless disagree. Anyhoo, I'm glad you're still enjoying it.

I don't really understand that, except in a "moved on with life, got no time" sense. I can get on with that. But if you are playing games, and you really were a fan of gears mechanically (as opposed to it being a social thing), I don't see why the fact that it was released ten years ago should affect your enjoyment of it at all.

• legaldinho wrote:
    It is actually better than ten years ago, the netcode is solid. There isn't one game out there than can match this experience. It's unique. Like gman, I thought it would be a nostalgia hit, but I am surprised by how much I love playing this game. It feels current, not retro. The only thing that is lacking is 4 badgers playing. Execution is full of organised parties, it sucks to go in by yourself or even with just 1.

100% with Gonzo here. Just wish I had the time I had 10yrs ago to play more.
  • That's the size of it. To not feel like an arsehole idiot lump I'd have to dedicate some serious hours to Gears MP and that just doesn't mesh with the schedule at the moment. No videogame of substance does at the moment.
  • I still enjoy any time I do give it. There's still those exciting moments even though skill has waned and they may be less regular.
  • OG gears Brooks, this isnt 3. You can merk folk just by being smart and patient
  • Is it better than original Gears? Or does it just look prettier? I mean i love Gears. It was the pinnacle of all things, and all the sequels just felt cluttered with crap guns and features that weren't needed. But i feared it may be a bit clunky to return to, and the last time i played (ages ago) i grew quickly frustrated with all the inevitable laggy glitchy bollocks and party chat etc.
  • Dude, it is better than OG gears mechanically. Only small differences that aren't fixes. Torque bow feels better, a skilled hand could stick all 4 opponents in 7 secs. No snipes active down. Boom a wee bit nerfed.

My only issue is grenade sounds are a bit off still.
  • Gears OG was unplayable, I tried to play it when it came free with GowJ. Shite.
  • oh god. i am totally buying this in 3 years so dont you dare trade it in.
  • Didn't know there was no snipes active down. :(
  • Is it better than original Gears?

Yes. It is like the essence of what made original gears awesome but without all the bullshit netcode host nonsense. It feels much more fluid to move around as well. Plus you have the ability to mark players a la battlefirled or gears 3 or whatever it was. They've really done a great job.
  • You can mark players? What sort of bullshit is that?
  • Pretty smart actually, a good counter for random v full party. Makes my dumbass teammates realise who they should be shooting at, 10% of the time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!