Androids, Everybody needs good Androids
  • Does anyone know how to access external files in chrome on Android, is it possible? Thanks :)
  • What's the context?  On a particular site, trying to upload something?  From SD Card, or cloud storage?

x
  • My Xperia 5 ii arrives tomorrow.  Screw all this modern nonsense. x

So I bought this second-hand to act as a media device only.  I've loaded it full of emulators and my music collection and I have to say, I'm extremely impressed!  Music sounds incredible when paired with WH-XM3's, widescreen films like Gravity look incredible and most PS2 games run perfect too.

If I can only learn to figure out getting the best out of the camera's, I'll be a full blown convert.

x
  • My Xperia 5 ii arrives tomorrow.  Screw all this modern nonsense.

x

I got a light phone 2 a few months ago. Works really well where I am and probably only missing a larger battery.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The new noise when you close an app by scrolling from the bottom and then flicking it upwards is very satisfying. Definitely incentivises me to close more apps.
  • Upgraded with Three and they offered me a Fantastic deal with the Google Pixel 7. Had to go through their retention team and I said I had a great offer with O2 that they needed to beat.
    After much negotiation they did. So I've got a better phone on a bigger contact that costs me a fiver less per month than what I'm already paying.

However this was done on the 20th with "next day delivery"

Still no phone here.
    Multiple phone calls back and forth and they revealed that due to an error the upgrade was not processed properly, it was put through as a SIM only deal by mistake and now my phone will be here on the 29th.

So 9 days after my upgrade and 8 days after "next day delivery" was promised.

So annoyed, really wanted that as my Christmas present to myself :(
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    :-( it is a lovely phone though so will be worth the wait! No complaints with mine whatsoever I don't think!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What would be a decent cheapo phone option? My Xperia suddenly died this morning and I don't have the spare cash to go for something I actually want. Don't like Samsung and their bloaty phones, especially the cheap ones. Battery life and decent screen would be a plus.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Pixel 6A is good, and not top of the line so should be fairly cheap. Has a great camera too if that's of interest.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, it is. Cheers.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    £288 on Amazon at the moment (unlocked/SIM free) so I'd imagine a few decent deals around.
  • I can also recommend Huawei and Xiaomi phones such as the Redmi series. Cheap phones but very good with very good battery life. Been using them for years
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • My new Pixel is STILL not here. It's been 8 days since I upgraded.
    Next day delivery my arse
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Did you order it from Google (Google store)?
  • Did you order it from Google?

Yeah, post from Canada could take a while.
  • Nope, from Three
  • For future reference, I thoroughly recommend mobilephonesdirect and Buymobiles.net. Both are very reliable and tend to offer deals significantly cheaper than going directly via the networks.
  • Yea I was going to. I had a really good deal through them and when I called to leave Three they offered me a better deal to stay with them. Ultimately I got the phone I wanted, a higher data allowance (I expect to be using more as I'm going to be on the road lots more for work and will use tethering quite a bit) and am now paying less money per month than before.
  • Oooooooh it's finally on its way! Can't wait :)
  • My lovely new Google Pixel 7 phone arrived and was extremely shocked to open the box and find they also sent me a brand new Pixel Watch! Will double check I've not been charged for it. If not then that's one hell of a freebie!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    They were giving away pixel watches free with the 7 pro a while back. Hopefully it's a freebie thrown in by 3.
  • Well it's a lovely little thing. Really don't mind them delaying my order now:)
  • We're having an absolute nightmare with Google. Ordered a pixel 6a each during black Friday and both were broken in different ways, my one had a dead pixel and my wife's kept crashing all the time. I got a replacement nó problem and that's been fine but they sent my wife a refurbished phone instead of a new one and it has a broken loud speaker so she needs another replacement. Absolutely useless.

• Oh
  • I'm sure yours is great though! My 4a before this was perfect. It's probably just very bad luck.
  • Watched the Marques Brownlee EoY phone awards and was impressed by that flagship Asus one being really compact, compared to the usual phones these days. 5.9" in size, flagship spec, B-tier price. Very interesting, when the time comes for me to get a new one. You can get last year's model and a free Asus chromebook direct from them for like 400.

Food for thought. Bring Back Smaller Phones. Xperia Z3 Compact I miss u every day buddy xoxo
  • So, set up her new phone yesterday. Pixel 7 standard model. Damn that's a slick little beast! Piece of piss to transfer from her broken Xaomi too. Google Smart Lock is the saviour, keeping all her socmed passwords for her business. Really snappy phone though. Made me finally up the res & refresh rate on my S20, lol. Still going strong here but no reason to upgrade just yet.

Any little hacks for the Pixel I should try and teach her?
  • The magic eraser tool in the photo editor is amazing.
  • It's a great phone, the cameras are awesome and as Frosty said the magic eraser is pretty good.

I use the voice assistant lots too
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Love my Pixel 7.  Can't think of any particular tips though!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!