Androids, Everybody needs good Androids
  • I had it for a while. It was kind of shite
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Maybe one or two good games worth a try but most are just nonsense that won't sell otherwise
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Long-time iPhone user here. For the past 6 or 7 years, I've been on a model called the iPhone SE. Quite small, 'budget' version, but still got a decent processor, camera, screen resolution etc. 

What's the Android equivalent? It's probably going to some older model Pixel or a Galaxy right?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Are you looking to buy one? What's your budget? I suppose the current equivalent would be the Pixel 7A, or the 6A if you're looking to spend less.

Samsung don't really have an equivalent budget top of the line phone, all of the S models are pretty expensive. Maybe an S21?
  • Probably looking to put it on a mid-tier 2 year contract and don’t mind it being a year or two old. So Pixel is probably the way to go.
  • Pixels are excellent phones. Love my 7
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I think I’m getting a 6a.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Got some invite to Google play store on pc, so you can play any app games on a big screen. Hmm.
  • Anyone know why my Z flip 3 piece of shit has stopped connecting to a Bluetooth device, when it was working fine a few weeks ago? I have two of these soundbars and now it won't connect to either of them. The soundbar is a Panasonic SC-SB1.
  • ZMM wrote:
    Anyone know why my Z flip 3 piece of shit has stopped connecting to a Bluetooth device, when it was working fine a few weeks ago? I have two of these soundbars and now it won't connect to either of them. The soundbar is a Panasonic SC-SB1.

You try to “forget” the device on the phone and then re-setup the sound bars? That’s usually what I do when sth mysteriously stops connecting.
  • Yeah I did all that, not because of this issue but there were so many old devices on there I don't have anymore, I wanted to have a bit of a clear up. I did it before this issue presented itself. I've got another update now so perhaps this will fix it, who knows...
  • Does it not connect to any Bluetooth device, or just the Panasonic soundbars?
  • Connects to my bluetooth dashcam just fine, which is a Garmin Dashcam Mini 2. The soundbars are from 2017 so I would sincerely hope that an update hasn't rendered them inaccessible to my phone or something.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Has anyone tried out Android emulation on Windows 11 ?  Apparantly that's going to be native to it.

I'm facing the possibility of having to manage an Android estate (not phones - bloody tablets) as well as Windows and I really want to avoid that.

I've had a call with our Microsoft account manager and he claims it will do the business; but then he always makes claims about what MS can do and it doesn't always work out that way.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • So I peeled off the screen protector on my Z-Flip-3 as it was starting to peel in lots of areas and lifting up off the screen constantly making a concerning cracking sound when folding and unfolding. Does anyone here know where to get a good screen protector? To be fair, the screen protector ain't 'alf done its job because the screen had very two large claw marks from my dog, which i thought would have permanently damaged the screen but they are nowhere to be seen.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Dropped my Pixel 6 from a height and it made a goddawful clatter. I gave it a cursory glance, screen came on so I thought phew. But now I see that the screen doesn't respond to touch anymore, and has started showing weird colours at the side. Reset does nothing. Sound like it could be repaired with a new screen or is it for the bin? Damn thing isn't even a year old.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Also, can I do the remote data wipe even though the phone is currently demanding a pin for the sim that I can't input?
  • The whole screen on my pixel 7 is now coming away from the rest of the casing, like I can lift the panel up from the top and see the guts of the phone inside. No idea how this happened but two cracks also appeared on the back q couple of weeks back. Hopefully I can get a replacement through EE, but not impressed with build quality or design of the 7 overall.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oh dear. Mine has a few scratches on the screen (cos lol who needs a screen protector), and more recently minor shattering in the back cos I dropped it, but hanging in there overall. It is a little fragile, but I still like it overall as a phone...
  • Sounds like a reasonably common issue and folks say battery swelling and don't use it, which isn't super viable atm as I'm away from home and need it for logistics. I have a pixel 5 I can use when I get home tomorrow but this has proper annoyed me.
  • I really wish more carriers done the Asus Zenfone. It looks superb.
  • Welp, Samsung S24 base delivered today and a very quick transfer process and everything's good to go. It really is a piece of piss these days. I remember the old early iPhone days of syncing/updating through iTunes *shudder*, although today there is a slight pang of "is this it?" but I suppose that's what we get when everything is so incremental and painless now. Yeah, it's a slab with a camera and a nice screen. Haven't found a use for the new AI stuff yet, I'm thinking the live translate will help at work (if allowed).

Still, enjoying everything being that bit zippier and shinier for now. Free watch is claimed, just need to wipe and recycle the old phone and Three will give me a hefty bonus on top, nice.
  • What have you upgraded from? I have an S23 and for me, its the perfect phone. Well, it could have a headphone jack and an SD card slot, but otherwise, it does almost everything perfectly well with no fuss.

The "is this it?" is perfectly understandable. We reached peak smartphone years ago. There's literally no point now in releasing yearly updates.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • I'm interested in a folding phone, but that's about it.
  • I upgraded from a base S20, Kris.
  • I'm interested in a folding phone, but that's about it.

Folding phones are class, I've been on a Z-Flip 4 the last 18 months or so and the convenience is brilliant. Plus it never seems to stop being a novelty for other folk who see it, always have to explain what it is and demonstrate to various 'oohs' and 'aah's'. Though I've got a pal who one-upped me with the new folding ones (with a vertical crease rather than a horizontal one) and I'm now just hankering after that.
  • The past couple of upgrades Ive had has been mostly because of the battery so Im thinking of going for a Fairphone next time.
    Still got over a year on this one though.
  • A guy in my work has a vertical flip phone and keeps it in a velcro belt pouch, you know, in case shit pops off
  • I've always liked the look of those Surface Duo phones but they seem so impractical.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!