The YouTube thread of Ultimate Win!
  • The dubstep and that conversation was awesome! I found some new gems this week as well:

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Talented bastard. Man In The Box was a bit off.
  • Can't believe I missed this one!

• That reminds me of walking through the streets of Beijing.  People going out of their way to get into yours.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Despite bringing it on himself, I still feel a bit sorry for that GSX-R guy. Wonder why it didn't start the second time. I can't think of a good reason why it wouldn't.
  • Will it not have been flooded with water?
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Talented bastard. Man In The Box was a bit off.

He also seemed to struggle with Knopfler, but otherwise it's one of those Youtube vids that just leaves me slack-jawed and ruing my lack of talent.
  • I don't feel even vaguely sorry for the dickhead on the bike.  Fucking morons doing fucking dumb things should feel lucky when they only destroy their property.  Fucking bell end.
  • Idgi.  All I see (from a cursory skim watch) is some guy riding really slowly through some mud and puddles and falling over ineptly. What's the point?
  • I certainly don't feel sorry for him.  I don't understand the anger from Andy either though.

@igorgetmeabrain It would be a similar situation to taking a Ferrari off-road.  Not sure there was more point to it than 'what the hey'.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    Will it not have been flooded with water?

Yeah, but bike engines don't usually stop working when they get wet. Maybe something shorted. The exhaust is on the other side.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I think he means flooded with water as in hydrauliced the engine, seeing as the bike was on its side and in places the water looked a good few inches deep the water could have got sucked through the air intake.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    The intake is up the front though. I suppose what I'm getting at is I suspect it would have started but he thought better of it and went looking for a farmer.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    wrong thread.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    I don't understand the anger from Andy either though.
    If he'd broken his leg when he came off, miles up a track, nobody knowing where he was, he'd've caused a whole load of people a whole load of time and effort finding him and getting him to safety.  What the fuck did he think was going to happen going up that kind of track on that kind of bike?  It's the same kind of stupidity displayed by people going hillwalking without maps or proper clothing and wondering how come they need to be found and flown to hospital in a big yellow helicopter.  As I said earlier in this thread (also about brainless cunts on motorbikes, funnily enough) I'm not saying nobody should take part in activities that have a risk of injury or death, just eliminate the easy-to-address dangers.  I'm glad his bike is fucked.  I hope it means he thinks about it next time.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Even without dropping his bike I didn't get the impression he was planning to do it again. Or thought he'd done anything other than something monumentally stupid.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Even without dropping his bike I didn't get the impression he was planning to do it again. Or thought he'd done anything other than something monumentally stupid.
    I'm sure the people up the hills realise they've done something monumentally stupid.  That does not excuse failing to recognise the monumental stupidity before you commit the act.  He had plenty opportunity to turn back long before he was in any difficulty.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Drifting vid
    Anyone else thinking NfS:HP vs Road Rash?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    I'm sure the people up the hills realise they've done something monumentally stupid.  That does not excuse failing to recognise the monumental stupidity before you commit the act.  He had plenty opportunity to turn back long before he was in any difficulty.

And when it went tits up he wandered off and sorted it out without calling the air sea rescue.

Which left the emergency services plenty of time to go and defuse an electronic cigarette.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    haha!
  • Way to totally miss my point, Mod.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Your point was people doing stupid stuff and wasting valuable electronic cigarette diffusing time. Which the video offers no evidence he did. So I'm not sure how I've missed it.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    I don't understand the anger from Andy either though.
    If he'd broken his leg when he came off, miles up a track, nobody knowing where he was, he'd've caused a whole load of people a whole load of time and effort finding him and getting him to safety.  What the fuck did he think was going to happen going up that kind of track on that kind of bike?  It's the same kind of stupidity displayed by people going hillwalking without maps or proper clothing and wondering how come they need to be found and flown to hospital in a big yellow helicopter.  As I said earlier in this thread (also about brainless cunts on motorbikes, funnily enough) I'm not saying nobody should take part in activities that have a risk of injury or death, just eliminate the easy-to-address dangers.  I'm glad his bike is fucked.  I hope it means he thinks about it next time.

He was on a green lane, doing maybe 5mph in mud.  It was daft because he was likely to get stuck or damage his bike.  It was hardly dangerous.  It would have been more dangerous to use a bike suited to greenlaning as he could have been moving at a speed where he could have hurt himself.
  • Mod, I already pointed out that he was lucky it was just his bike, and it was monumentally stupid because it could have been a lot worse.  I never said that he ad wasted resources, just that he's lucky it didn't turn out that way.  But luck Is all it was, not panning or intelligence on his part.

Matt, it's clearly a heavy bike that he was fucking knackered from having to hold up moving at that speed on that terrain.  He had difficulty lifting it when it fell.  It's not a giant leap to imagine it land on his leg or foot and fucking it up.  If he had the right kit he could learn slowly and work his way up to more adventurous speeds, possibly with others but at least with others knowing where he was going and what he was doing.  He went up that lane with pretty much zero preparation other than knowing the lane was there.  It was fucking retarded, and if you can't see or accept that, it's a worry.
  • Of course it was retarded.  Nothing to get panties in a twist about though.
  • This one deserves a repost. :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!