Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    And after all that lads...its no longer available!
  • have a mental image of g man leaving the scene, abruptly stopping and wagging his finger peep show / Colombo style.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • So I just received something expensive through the post.  Simple packaging, no notes, from outside the EU, but not quite sure precisely where from.

I have a feeling it's a "gift" from a customer who is shortly not going to be a customer (they leave us for a competitor in May).

It's stressing me out a little.  Do I acknowledge its existence?  Do I thank them for the thing they haven't told me they've sent?  Do I declare it to my employer, who at this point are looking for reasons to make me redundant?  Or do I sell it and deny all existence?

I've hidden it in a drawer, but I can feel it staring at me.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Why would your employer be annoyed about it? You didn't ask for it, you don't know who it's from and if you tell them then you're just being honest.
  • It was addressed to you personally? Take it home. It’s yours.

If anyone claims responsibility later, then you can thank them.
  • So I just received something expensive through the post.  Simple packaging, no notes, from outside the EU, but not quite sure precisely where from. I have a feeling it's a "gift" from a customer who is shortly not going to be a customer (they leave us for a competitor in May). It's stressing me out a little.  Do I acknowledge its existence?  Do I thank them for the thing they haven't told me they've sent?  Do I declare it to my employer, who at this point are looking for reasons to make me redundant?  Or do I sell it and deny all existence? I've hidden it in a drawer, but I can feel it staring at me.

The UK is outside the EU. I sent it to you. You can sell it if you like.
  • The UK is outside the EU.

OMG!

When did this happen!?!
  • The UK is outside the EU. I sent it to you. You can sell it if you like.

lol.  Ta!

As for my employer, it's about their anti-bribery policy.  We aren't allowed to accept gifts of over £30.  This would be in the region of 20 times that.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So just tell them. You can't control who sends what or you could get a load of people fired if you wanted.
  • And after all that lads...its no longer available!

They've been reading the thread and yanked it!
  • I reckon g has rented the place, unloading his stuff as we post.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I reckon g has rented the place, unloading his stuff as we post.

I'm expecting a DM saying 'lovely location in Bury for £1600 month'
  • Kow wrote:
    So just tell them. You can't control who sends what or you could get a load of people fired if you wanted.

Well the risk there is that they take it off me :D
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah the "right thing to do" is to tell your employer, I suspect. Though you'll likely then lose the thing. Which is a bit shit for you.

I think you'd more likely to be in trouble if you didn't tell them than if you did, fwiw. But if they're unlikely to find out, you can always risk it! Depends if the person sending it is likely to reference it later. Not sure what the actual legal position is.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The risk on the other hand is a client saying later we hope Kris liked the gift.
  • I'd tell them something like you've received something (don't say what) in the post worth over £30. You can't see why it would be from a client but thought you should let them know. Then see what they come back with.

Surely it can't be policy that they're just entitled to anything an employee gets that they can't immediately trace.
  • Hand it in to the police saying you found it. Then when nobody claims it the ownership will pass to you.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Both good suggestions...
  • Yea, I'm going to have to report it.  I'm quickly realising after a matter of hours it's too stressful not to!
  • I just wanna know what the hell it is
  • If you don't know who it's from I don't see why you need to declare it to your employer, regardless of their policy. For all you know it could be a secret admirer or a late Secret Santa present from someone here.
  • Tell them you won second prize in a beauty contest.
  • I just wanna know what the hell it is
    Sonic bum bag.
  • That's only worth £10 though.

EDIT: That too, probably.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Scuzzy ball bag.
  • monkey wrote:
    Tell them you won second prize in a beauty contest.

There were only two contestants :(
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Always declare.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Viewing property tomorrow. Sent images of it to me mam. Turns out me stepdad, who is a labourer, built the fucking property. Well, converted it into the flats I'm viewing. Worked with the landlord for 15+ years. So a nice name drop is gonna go well I think.

Also you would easy get 1st in a beauty contest Kris.
  • davyK wrote:
    Always declare.

That's why I came second.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!