Ask the Bear & Badger
  • We were going to get a fancy expensive mattress recently but needed a super king and I don't think it would have made it up to our bedroom so we ended up getting an Emma mattress. Comes rolled up in a box and it's been great, really comfortable to sleep on.

They're relatively inexpensive and almost always on sale.
    I'm glad we went for it and didn't end up spending double the price for one from a more traditional supplier

They do a 200 day thing where if you don't like it you can send it back. Seems like it would be massively inconvenient to do so but the options there if you hate it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The ones I like aren't foam, they're layers of material or something like that.
  • A pocket sprung mattress with a memory foam/gel layer on the top is the best of both worlds.

That's what we have and it's great.  Prefer it to just one or the other.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Actually, looking into it, I don't know what type of mattresses I have except it's not springs. Maybe it's a hybrid one.
  • Frosty wrote:
    We were going to get a fancy expensive mattress recently but needed a super king and I don't think it would have made it up to our bedroom so we ended up getting an Emma mattress. Comes rolled up in a box and it's been great, really comfortable to sleep on. They're relatively inexpensive and almost always on sale. I'm glad we went for it and didn't end up spending double the price for one from a more traditional supplier They do a 200 day thing where if you don't like it you can send it back. Seems like it would be massively inconvenient to do so but the options there if you hate it.

I've heard good things from several folks about Emma mattresses so would deffo give them a check, but I do like a memory/foamy mattress.
  • The one I have now is a Simba Hybrid Refurbished Mattress, which cost £256 in 2018. Inflation adjusted that's £321.52, but the same one is showing as £449 on their website. I possibly got it cheaper as I got it through eBay, but they don't have it listed on their eBay store.

It looks like it's pocket spring plus foam on top. I'll look for that, but maybe not refurbished this time. Which one did you get from Emma Frosty?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Who's Emma Frosty? She doesn't sound like she knows a lot about beds, frankly.
  • She is damn powerful though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I agree with the "dont skimp" sentiments.
    It's probably the one item you'll use the most and it'll give you the best benefit to have the best nights sleep possible.

Treat yo self
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Am I being thick, or can you not log into your Google account in Chromium?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • The one I have now is a Simba Hybrid Refurbished Mattress, which cost £256 in 2018. Inflation adjusted that's £321.52, but the same one is showing as £449 on their website. I possibly got it cheaper as I got it through eBay, but they don't have it listed on their eBay store.

It looks like it's pocket spring plus foam on top. I'll look for that, but maybe not refurbished this time. Which one did you get from Emma Frosty?

We got the premium one which has since been replaced by a new shinier premium. Ireland did not have the new one at the time.

They're both hybrid pocket sprung foam jobbies
  • The Premium Plus is £200 cheaper than the Premium at the moment (for a double, the superking is even more off).

They do 0% finance as well, so could be a winner.
  • If you can buy a mattress with some kind of trial period I'd highly recommend you do that. An awful lot of the foam mattresses retain a fair bit of heat and so if you're someone who gets hot in bed you'll find they may be uncomfortable in the Summer months.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    If you can buy a mattress with some kind of trial period I'd highly recommend you do that. An awful lot of the foam mattresses retain a fair bit of heat and so if you're someone who gets hot in bed you'll find they may be uncomfortable in the Summer months.

Yes, we have a memory foam mattress and I'm quite a sweaty sleeper. In the hottest months I do struggle
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I don't like the idea of a mattress that never forgets.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I don't like the idea of a mattress that never forgets.

Hahahaha.
  • :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I don't like the idea of a mattress that never forgets.

I see you've never been to a Premier Inn.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Has anyone got any experience regarding claiming compensation for leaked personal data?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Let me know your NI number and DOB and I'll get a claim lodged for you
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    (I don't know, sorry...)
  • Can't help but I suspect this may end up being a huge shit show.
    Back of the compensation line behind everyone else this government is putting off paying.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ah hasn't seen the news. D'oh.
  • Has anyone got any experience regarding claiming compensation for leaked personal data?

I mean, you've got guns.
  • No experience, assume you know about ICO.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    .. something about The Last Guardian...
  • Yep, that's the one, should help.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    No experience, assume you know about ICO.

This. Check the ico website.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I have, but all the details seem hidden away. I essentially want to know how I go about finding out what information has been leaked, and then how I apply for compensation, but the ICO site doesn't seem to have those details easily available.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!