[Baldrick's Tavern] MMOs/RPG Discussion
  • I understand that they have a place and that people enjoy them but for me it's just a level of pernicketyness I find a huge turn off
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Not sure I’ve heard a whiff of Octopath Traveler 2 so far around these here parts. For shame. It’s really quite brilliant.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Not sure I’ve heard a whiff of Octopath Traveler 2 so far around these here parts. For shame. It’s really quite brilliant.

Really enjoyed the demo, will pick up in a future sale or something I'm just too skint at the minute.
  • Raiziel wrote:

I couldn't get on with the original so haven't really paid attention to this one.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    So…I haven’t completed everything yet, but I’ve now finished up all eight of the character storylines in Octopath Traveler 2. Personally I think it’s one of the very best turn-based RPGs I have ever played. The devs have made a multitude of small improvements over the already impressive first game, and that makes this one a bit of an all-timer.
    Get schwifty.
  • Does that include better writing? I liked the look of Octopath but nearly vomited myself into an early grave due to the dialogue.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I never come into a video game expecting good writing because there’s very little of it about, especially in RPGs. But yes, for what it’s worth, the writing is better in this one, and so too are the stories (bar one).
    Get schwifty.
  • I played the demo and really enjoyed it,
    Definitely pick it up at a chalice.
  • I'm ok with not good. I suppose the clearer criticism would have been just how much of it there was when it wasn't very good.
  • Just picked up Balder's Gate 2 enhanced edition from the android play store for my pixel.
    Never played it but very much aware of it.
    Still working out what all the menus are and how to actually do everything I need to but having a great time with it so far.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'm ok with not good. I suppose the clearer criticism would have been just how much of it there was when it wasn't very good.

There’s still a lot of it, but almost all of it is now voiced, and the quality of the English dub ranges from decent to brilliant (shout out to my boy Partitio).
    Get schwifty.
  • Just picked up Balder's Gate 2 enhanced edition from the android play store for my pixel.
    Never played it but very much aware of it.
    Still working out what all the menus are and how to actually do everything I need to but having a great time with it so far.

It’s from an era when you were very much expected to put the work in to figure out character builds and min maxing does make a huge difference. Don’t be afraid to turn difficulty and look up “best class” guides.
  • God I fucking love Baldur's Gate.
  • It really is pretty damn good. Just so difficult to come to it from modern RPGs with all of the Quality of life additions that I'm used to.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I really need to get Baldur's Gate 3 working on the Steam Deck.
  • Yeah, it does feel it's age. Wait until one of your characters get gibbed.
  • I need a swig of some strong dwarven ale!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I'm playing it as a Chaotic Good dwarf berserker.
    However I'm at a point where I have no idea how to progress the story, think I've missed something small somewhere
  • Have you been to the mines yet where the Kobolds are are?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Struggling to get into Pillars of Eternity 2 on a second try several years after launch. I don't know if it's just me but the writing produces quite a few clunkers a minute and I can't seem to like any of the companion NPCs. On top of that all the boat stuff is utter shit but that's well known.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's far too straight up elves and hobbits nonsense for my liking. Seems to be aimed at hardcore D&D fans. No sense of humour.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    No sense of humour.

Classic Elf
  • Kow wrote:
    It's far too straight up elves and hobbits nonsense for my liking. Seems to be aimed at hardcore D&D fans. No sense of humour.
    That encapsulates my feelings on the first one
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    For anyone who's played Tyranny; is the dlc any good? I'm def getting the base game but the Steam reviews for dlc are mostly slating.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Also think I've reached an accord with Deadfire and I'm enjoying it. I think full voice acting is a luxury that wasn't needed though.

I'm even starting to enjoy Takehu as an npc now I can get they intended for him to be an insufferable twat that pisses everyone else off.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If you thought Pillars of Eternity was po faced, then Tyranny is even more so.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Mm I always find my love for BG2 increasing playing everything that lot have done since. Truly lightning in a bottle.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Baldur's Gate 3 is getting an August 3rd release date now. Only a few weeks away! I kind of regret getting on GoG as it'll make playing it on the Steam Deck more complicated. But then there was no Steam Deck back when I paid for the early access. Anyway, I think it's the game I've been most excited about in years.
  • Kow wrote:
    Baldur's Gate 3 is getting an August 3rd release date now. Only a few weeks away! I kind of regret getting on GoG as it'll make playing it on the Steam Deck more complicated. But then there was no Steam Deck back when I paid for the early access. Anyway, I think it's the game I've been most excited about in years.
    Lovely, should be finished Zelda by that time.
    Any issues playing it on steam deck?  Was the text ok?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Never did get around to installing it. The faff of installing Heroic put me off. But I have no choice now, I guess. The fact that Larian have made both Divinity games Deck verified bodes well, though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!