regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm gonna put ads inbetween forum posts of people telling us whether or not they got ads while watching something on Prime.

Monetising this post.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Nobody will be monetising anything without paying me the subscription fee first.
  • More posts coming soon guys. Like and subscribe.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My girlfriend says you're banned from posting.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've cancelled Kow
  • I've seen the reaction video.
  • To see my next post, unfortunately yous all need to sign up to the platinum tier of B&B.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You will NOT believe what's gonna happen next
  • nick_md wrote:
    baby reindeer is well worth watching on Netflix
    The wife binged this last week whilst I was working and is up for going again with me she liked it that much, said it's the best thing she's seen all year.
    First couple of episodes are "this is fun and quirky but with some depth" then goes to a different stratosphere then on in.  Binged 5 episodes last night and then couldn't sleep.  Dark doesn't do it justice
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • nick_md wrote:
    The wife binged this last week whilst I was working and is up for going again with me she liked it that much, said it's the best thing she's seen all year.
    First couple of episodes are "this is fun and quirky but with some depth" then goes to a different stratosphere then on in.  Binged 5 episodes last night and then couldn't sleep.  Dark doesn't do it justice

Wife said pretty much the same, she went in thinking it'd be some fairly fun dramedy thing but that it goes to some really dark places. I'll deffo watch it but probably later in the week.
  • nick_md wrote:

Ooooo, in on this now, even more so.
  • I have watched a Fallout. The games always seemed badly made and stupid so I avoided them and know fuck all about the lore. This episode had some nice violence and seemed really expensive.
  • Not watched the show but the best of Fallout was always discovering another Vault and snooping around whatever horror show had been created as an experiment or what disaster ended the occupants.
    Finding out you got a sweet life with Birthday parties while others got turned into Super Mutants or tortured in VR by a sadistic AI child was fun.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Ooooo, in on this now, even more so.
    Look forward to your feedback, there's a bit of saltburn / early Irvine Welsh to it (it has a significant Scottish element), Julia Davis gets name checked in it and can imagine she enjoyed it.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Not watched the show but the best of Fallout was always discovering another Vault and snooping around whatever horror show had been created as an experiment or what disaster ended the occupants.
    Finding out you got a sweet life with Birthday parties while others got turned into Super Mutants or tortured in VR by a sadistic AI child was fun.

Watch the show - amongst many things it gets right is the creepiness of the Vaults - all manner of pretty sick stuff going on. Highly recommended.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Nice. Next time I've got Prime I'll give it a go.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Mind the adverts
  • Fallout finished. Really enjoyed it throughout and looking forward to season two. Makes me want to try Fallout 3 again, but I just hated the gameplay when I played it years ago. Loved the environments, atmosphere and characters, but hated playing it. I’ll just have to wait for season two.
  • Try Fallout 4 instead. Settlement building is not compulsory.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There's a big update coming for Fallout 4 (which includes making it Deck Verified on pc) so maybe wait until the 24th to play it.
  • Finally doing third season of See. Jason M really does a ripper job in this series.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is that good or bad?
  • So, Season 1 of FALLOUT.
    No spoilers.
    Now I've never actually played a Fallout game, but I am a gamer, and I probably know more about the Fallout series than most people who've never played the games, and I also loved me a bit of the old Westworld, so seeing as how it's basically the same team making this here Fallout show, I figured I'd give it a go.
    Probably the biggest YMMV caveat going into this is how much you are invested in the Fallout series. 
    Me? I've got no skin in the game(s), and I do reckon there'll be a goodly amount of people who've dabbled with the franchise who will get a lot out of this. At the same time, there will probably be the usual subset of gamers who will moan until the end of time about the inconsistencies, changes, and terrible things that the producers have just got plain wrong about their beloved post-apocalyptic world.
    That just leaves Joe Public. What the hell is Joe going to make of this?

Well I suspect the answer to that question can be found in the way Amazon has dumped the entire first season online in one go, because this can be an odd and frustrating watch to the uninitiated. I strongly suspect that Amazon believes that if they drip-fed the audience one episode a week, then a lot of that audience would just tap-out long before the show reaches it's conclusion.

And that's a shame, because this is very expensive, well made stuff. It looks and sounds great, and the performances from an excellent cast are also great...but there's a but, and sadly that but is the writing/narrative.
    For much of the show's duration, the writing is just really poor. The plot meanders from episode to episode, and is riddled with moments (and at times entire episodes) that just left me thinking, well this is dumb, or, well that makes absolutely no sense, to the extent that if I couldn't have binged this in one go, then I'd probably have jumped ship too.

And yet...
    ...there's definitely something to this. It has...potential. So I stayed to the end, and I have to say the pay off in the final episode largely redeemed most of the annoyances I suffered along the way.
    Structurally, it's very much like a season of Westworld. There are MYSTERIES, that will weave themselves back and forth throughout the season, ultimately paying off in a finale that's mic drop after mic drop with the season's narrative threads. Whether this is the right approach to take with this show is up for debate. I also felt it was wildly inconsistent with it's tone throughout the run, and frequently found myself wondering if the Nolan sibling was really a good fit for this project, or should they maybe have gone for a more James Gunn-esqe captain at the helm. Not sure I ever made my peace with an answer to that question tbh, but I did really enjoy that final episode, so I guess for now I'll give Nolan the benefit of the doubt.
    There's obviously a lead into another season in the climax, and with the set-up of season one out of the way, our characters firmly established, and the potential for further (better) adventures to come, I think the biggest worry about this show going forward is going to be the threat of cancellation as the audience dwindles. I worry that this is going be Westworld all over again. Two or three seasons at best, before it's canned by Amazon with the narrative left hanging unresolved. I guess time will tell.

So, FALLOUT. Yeah, it's probably worth a look. YMMV, and I've definitely watched far, far worse things than this. I suspect the best maybe yet to come. I just hope we actually get to find out.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I really enjoyed it but agree with your point about much of the writing. Not all of it is bad, it opened well and ended well. The weakness was in how people across this wasteland just easily bumped into each other. Oh, these two characters need to meet... well they do, I've just written it look.
  • Yeah, a lot of the plotting is either just incredibly childish with it's contrivance, or frankly just doesn't bare scrutiny when it comes to sense.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It did seem preposterously convenient that these world-critical characters just keep bumbling into eachother. That's almost forgivable in a videogame where they literally have to render a world with technically finite limits but it doesn't fly here at all really. 

Tapped out at ep 3 or 4, I don't recall which.

I almost want to watch Waterworld again.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Try Fallout 4 instead. Settlement building is not compulsory.

4 isn’t a good as 3
    The Forum Herald™
  • I've started 4.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I've started 4.

If on console I’d wait for the update on the 25th.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It sounds as though they’re trying to get Silo Season 3 and 4 greenlit together so they can film them back-to-back and then be done with it - I guess it depends how Season 2 does.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!