The IT'S NOT DANTE thread of DmC: Devil may Cry
  • I’ve been going through Son of Sparda difficulty - even better than the first time around.
  • Vela wrote:
    Tried the demo last night and the ps4 had enough thrust from the fans to fly out the door. Canned air or a vacuum cleaner on low to help me play this game?

Both. Canned air first, then suck some up qith a decent vacuum cleaner blast. Spray the canned air in the air a bit first so it doesn't freeze the innards. Not sure if that's something to avoid or not but it's what I do.
  • I doubt it'll help though, mine gets a lot of dust in but makes an incredible amount of noise even after a clean.
  • isn't it the case that the heat paste or whatever it is needs to be replaced?
  • First Capcom DMC game in 10 Years and people are talking about fans, we’re doomed!
  • Bloody Palace coming on 1st of April, excellent
  • First Capcom DMC game in 10 years and Tempy's gone all Wealdstone Raider.
  • get it up ye.

Seriously anyone who even vaguely likes Bayonetta or DMC should be all over this, it’s great.
  • What's the runtime on normal? The demo of the first game is my only experience of the series. The closest I've come to buying or playing any of the others was the DMC effort from last gen. I'll probably play this or the Resi 2 reboot later in the year.
  • 12 hours or so i’d guess
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Look at it like the Resi 2 remake. There's a heck of a lot of similarities. Fewer hours for first run, bigger rewards for consecutive ones seems the Capcom MO. Tbf it kind of always has been, but it's like they're going back to G&G basics.

Brb pitching to Kotaku
  • Just got the hat. I mean, wtaf?! Mental. More mental than a half a bloody motorbike with saw wheels on each arm.

Anyway. Game is teh absolute awesome.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • dunno if it's just me but i feel it's missing some of the charm 3 had. feels a bit forced, too much polish maybe?! plus fuck V. 

the rest is pretty good though. Devil Triggering to Devil trigger super turbo, didn't see that coming.

cerberus kicking my tired ass last night, hopefully kick his butt later.
  • I’m not liking the environments. Seems they lack actual thought out design and variety etc.

Cerberus was a bitch. 

I got to Mission 19 boss last night. Died and thought I’m gonna need a bit of time for this.
  • i like that it's london (ish), but they are all a bit samey eh.
  • The environments are a bit disappointing but honestly it doesn’t really matter because the combat is excellent.
  • when i'm using Dante, agreed.
  • Nero is great too, when you get the hang of revving.
  • Dante will always be the best. He has to be.

I like the other 2, but I do think it would’ve played better with just Dante. I feel he has been given too much too quickly and would’ve worked better if his weapons and abilities were dished out at a slower pace over the course of a whole game.

Bayo still trumps this overall for me, but the high points are possibly higher here. The combat as Dante is phenomenal and some of the bosses are among the best the genre has to offer.
  • Dante has all that stuff in 4 though, it’s sort of expected. I think missing out on Nero would be a huge blow to the game, learning how to rev his blade effectively and messing around with the devil arms is great. V isn’t excellent, but I like the change of pace. The only thing that would improve it in my eyes is the ability to play as Dante or Nero from start to finish on subsequent runs, plot be damned.
  • Aaaaaaand credits are rolling. Great stuff.
  • Definitely go back for Son of Sparda
  • Yep. Will do. Probably won’t get too far before Sekiro drops.
  • Wait, what?! I don’t get the trophy for Human mode (easy) but I do for Devil Hunter (normal)? Weird. 

Meh.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Nero is great too, when you get the hang of revving.

i use exceed all the time, he's still pretty bland comparatively. he hasn't really changed since 4, still essentially cut down dante. i need to play with the arms more and. still half waiting for him to eat a devil biscuit though :)

hylian_elf wrote:
    Wait, what?! I don’t get the trophy for Human mode (easy) but I do for Devil Hunter (normal)? Weird.  Meh.

yeah they've always been like this. kinda toying with finishing easy before normal, but i'm on mission 18 now. at least ill get to grind for some orbs.
  • I was actually enjoying Nero and V far more than Dante when I first unlocked him, just felt his moveset was quite limited with the stuff I would like to use (rebellion and sword of sparda... where’d all the combos go?!)

Obviously that changes quite dramatically later.
  • Errr you’re not using Balrog from the off? Mental.
  • is it me or does Balrog sound like batman.

THREE TWO ONE 

ZERO

it is quite funny how Dante forgets all his moves and leaves his weapons behind between every game though.
  • Too much pizza
  • finally finished my first and second run. Having devil trigger on L1 has interfered with my 'new game plus' Nero. why wasn't detonate devil breaker on the d-pad ffs!

strangely getting all S's on the new difficulty. tougher enemies basically equal longer combos and more points. 

Also didn't realise you can beat Urizen on the first encounter, that made me wtf for sure.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!