Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    ok but be warned i give up if im not leet within half hour
  • it's quite forgiving until the 3rd difficulty or so.
  • ok but be warned i give up if im not leet within half hour

Heh. Well it's quite easy. Only thing to remember is that there's no dedicated dodge, which can be tough to get your head around off the back of stuff like Sekiro or Bayonetta. Buy the buy move for every character that lets you dash forward whilst locked on, it's a god send.
  • I never felt I ‘clicked’ with this as much as I did with other DMCs, like I wasn’t doing as well as I should be.

The dodge thing also bugged me, I feel that’s more a quality of life improvement than anything that greatly changes the gameplay, but that might be me?
  • The dodge could be a tiny bit better, but it's fairly spot on. Jump has invulnerability and being in the air is the best place to be generally speaking, it just takes some getting used to your aerial defence. As Nero, Gebera is your best bet.
  • are you guys talking about table hopper? 

dmc always had iframes on jumps, so if you can time it that should work. also applies to air hike and enemy step.
  • Just the regular dodge not being dedicated can take some getting used to. Being tied to the axis between your enemy and you is sometimes frustrating, especially with DMC5s weird camera choices at times.
  • sideways roll when locked on? gets much better when you unlock table hopper, as you're probably aware
  • Yes, the dodge :D

It's totallky fine, it's just the axis locking. Plenty of times I end up jumping because of it.
  • sorry i'm not trying to be pedantic, its just i think one has iframes and one doesn't.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Original Devil May Cry coming to Switch this summer. Will that be worth it this day?

While waiting for 5 to get a good price drop I should really give DmC a go, just afraid the laptop will get itself while doing so.
  • the first game would be worth a punt for a tenner, maybe 15. i'll buy it because i love DMC. but really thee's no good reason the whole HD collection (and even 4 & 5) shouldn't show up.

also, F 'DmC'
  • It’s capcom it’ll be £29.99
    The Forum Herald™
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Completely forgot about the HD collection.

Who no DmC? Is it because it doesn't fit in with the series? I enjoy the soundtrack, B had a good time playing it and I know Richard Stanton was obsessed with it. It can't be that bad gameplay wise, can it? I don't have any connection with the series so far as I've just never gotten round to it.
  • It's not really mechanically the same 1, 3, 4 or 5, but it still really well made and a lot of fun. It's just not got the mechanical depth, which is fine, it wasn't like Capcom were rushing to make a follow up to 4.
  • it's just not a devil may cry game. the people that love it do so for the gameplay, ignoring the re-design, the gameplay has very little in common with every other DMC game. it's a bit like Konami farming out MGS6 and it turns out to be a platformer.

while capcom ignored the series we had Bayonetta and some other platinum DMC by another name shizzle to entertain us.
  • It was a good combat system though, I feel like being against them for making it their own thing is pointless, because if they'd tried to make it like Little Devils we might have ended up with another DMC2 which is leagues worse than DmC
  • yeah i'm not against a reboot or whatever, it didn't offend me.

it just didn't have the same twitchy technical ridiculous and polished combat, my reaction to DmC was the same as my reaction to DMC2 back in the day.

Tempy wrote:
    It was a good combat system though

if it wasn't called devil may cry, maybe...
  • DmC was good! I loved it, and I love dmc 1-5 too.

They’re all great games. 2 gets a lot of hate, but I never hated it, personally.

I also think my tolerance for a decent character action game is way higher than most.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Sounds like it won't hurt to give DmC a try, and whenever 5 gets into a price range I can afford, I shouldn't expect it to feel similar to a DMC.
  • kinda wish i liked DmC. i am very curious to see the story for myself.

one thing that really irked me was the main menu background, which if i recall is a moving painting of Dante making a gun hand whilst putting it in and out of an angel's mouth
  • The story was no great shakes. In fact I can't now tell you one memorable thing about other than in the opening video he jumps into a shirt that's hanging in the air and it looks all kinds of wrong.
    The Forum Herald™
  • The combat in DmC just didn't have the right feel to it, and there's something too prescribed about matching different coloured weapons to different coloured enemies. It was competent enough, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm playing DMC V now. Just done mission 9. I can sort of see the potential in the combat systems, but I don't think I'm ever going to see the best of it. It seems a bit overloaded to me, so I forget half the moves I can do and keep relying on the same stuff. And playing as V I find confusing some of the time. It helps me appreciate the elegance of Sekiro more. Although on the other hand I wish Sekiro was this polished.

It's good fun regardless. The fact that it's relatively easy helps, so I can just plough through it and enjoy the spectacle. Some of the bosses are super. Maybe towards the end I'll start to get the hang of it properly and make more of an effort to actually git gud. I certainly get why some people would love it. I'm just not sure I have the patience and focus these days. The test will be when I play Bayonetta 2 after, because I really got into the first one.
  • Bayo 2 is easy too. At least on the standard setting. I thought it was easier than Bayo 1. Again, you could end up using the same moves and weapons and blitz through the game. But the fun begins with the harder setting and trying to platinum all stages. But you already knew that. :)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!