Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Looks like an Xbox One game. Had to check I'd downloaded the right version.

Awful glitches flashing all over the screen constantly, HDR all over the shop. After one game I can tell its pretty much the same shite as the last X games.

Tempted to uninstall already tbh. Just awful. Battlefield died a LONG time ago.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sweet jesus this is fucking rancid. Worse than you could possibly ever imagine.

Theres robot dogs running around that are also sentry guns. Fuck me. Just awful.

I'm out.

Grounded tonight Sparky?
  • I'll try and get on this evening.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'd organise your sock drawer instead mate.
  • It’s all a bit random.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I'd organise your sock drawer instead mate.
    Damn. I did that last night :(
  • Chopper pilots already know the score.
    But I’m not hating them just yet.

Not had a go in a tank yet. Destroyed a few tho. They go down with about 3 anti tank rounds.

With this map in particular my fears were true. Large open spaces/hoofing it to the next flag and insta death from some random enemy player miles behind our ‘front’ line, who appears from out of nowhere or from behind you.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I can't get over how bad it looks.
  • It certainly doesn't sound Awesome.
  • Played a game and a half.
    Not going to dismiss it just yet. Especially on a map that from videos I knew would have play problems.
    Problems like extremely tall structures with flags on top. You spend ages getting to the top to find it’s changed hands or you get rando killed and you say fuck it. Not bothering next time.
    If there was one on this map then fine. It might be a focal point like the tower on Siege of Shanghai. But there’s 2 all with multiple accessible floors. There’s a mid sized building elsewhere as well.

The plus system thing is actually a nice little gimmick - running out in the open? Switch to a 2x scope.
    Got to the building - switch to a red dot for cqb.

Helicopters and ospreys are everywhere. Never seen one spawn or know how to get one. I take it they are home base spawn vehicles. Thank god you don’t seem able to call them in.
    But I think they have limited the vehicles for the demo. I refuse to call it a beta.

Gunplay seems ok. A mix between BF4 and BFV. It’s been a very long time since I played BF3. So it could be very similar to that.
    Dunno what the previews were on about re recoil. Assault rifles defo have recoil. Especially at distance. Probably PC wankers.
    Had a couple of wtf, that person had amazing reactions/aim deaths. Probably keyboard and mouse users. I will try turning off crossplay when I get some time with it. It will be rife with PC hackers a couple of weeks after release anyway.

Why on Earth they don’t allow console only crossplay I dunno.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Because the PC population would die on its arse
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    How does the changing sights even work? I was holding LB to open the menu but no other inputs did anything to navigate it.
  • I'll keep an open mind, but watched a couple of youtubers this morning and it doesn't look great. It's a bit BF3/4 tribute.

I wonder if the series really has a place in gaming any more, battle royale scratches the big open world itch better for a lot of people.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ah figured it out.

Played some more. Hilariously awful beta. Almost unplayable due to the flashing shadows that blanket the entire map, changing shape.

I'll play the full game for an hour when it hits Gamepass.....probably 2 weeks after it flops on release.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    And I still can't get over how utterly awful it looks.
  • Remember the BF4 beta didn't have the textures that came on disc 2 in the retail release.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ah that may be it.
  • Feels a bit lightweight to me so far.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just had a round there. Deffo too big and aimless, some of those trudges to flags are taking the piss, a vehicle is a must to get about. Sound design is awful, there's all sorts of shit going on but you can't hear any of it. Bullets fired at you or even hitting you, choppers swooping over your head, vehicles tearing about And here's me listening to the wind gently rustle the grass and birds chirping happily
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Feels so odd and fake
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I played some more. Probably the worst BF game I've ever played, on the worst map in history. Utterly, utterly, utterly, utterly dreadful. Beyond dreadful.

Fuck me Dice.
  • Got in, ran about, killed a guy, got bored. Turned it off.

File under Better With Pals, mayber.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    How does the changing sights even work? I was holding LB to open the menu but no other inputs did anything to navigate it.

You use the face buttons on the controller for each wing of the plus. XYBA. Took me a while to figure that fucker out.

Had another couple of games.
    I’m warming to it a bit.
    As sparky says. Sound is terrible. You get hit in a jeep by a rocket and the car rocks a little and you get a hit indicator. And that’s about the only feedback.

Helicopter controls are simply obnoxious. And with no real way to alter them in the demo (it tells you alternate controls in the options but doesn’t actually show you them) choppers are unflyable for me.

Had a little time in vehicles. And it’s battlefield. On foot it’s a little weird but ok.
    When it’s stable and things are polished it will be… ok.

It’s by no means at all, as it stands, a replacement for BF3,4. Nowhere near as good.

Maybe when all the gadgets are available it will start to feel a bit more battlefield.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Westie on YouTube was also not a massive fan of the audio. Said it all seems to be really similar levels regardless of distance etc.
  • Initial impression was it looks very last-gen, but it is certainly a bit more like BF than recent efforts. Got killed about four times in a row, basically every time I engaged an enemy, I had the classic BF chocolate bullets, and couldn’t land a single shot with an AR. Ho-hum. Sadly at that point, the dentist phoned and asked me to come down immediately as I’ve got serious toothache at the mo, so I had to quit out and hit the road.
    Probably have another dabble later, but it certainly wasn’t setting my world on fire.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Its dreadful. I just had another game. Got stuck in scenery twice and had to suicide. Snipers literally everywhere....the map is so big its stupid not to be one. Screen glitches every so often, whole textures going askew. Jeeps spinning through the air, but then vanishing. Absolutely zero flow to the map (or game I suspect). Just rancid shite.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A lot of that I can wave away because it's a beta, and in comparison to the genuine shit show that the Battlefield 3 beta was it's in pretty good nick. But that size map with such a number of players/bots arsing about is never going to ebb and flow the way it used to
  • Not to worry lads. I hear there’s a new Ghost Recon game in the works…

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!