The Battlefield Thread
  • ahahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FFS
  • Had a few more games this afternoon and I'm not really that impressed, other than when it's hilariously buggy. There was a guy in the sitting position floating at head height for an entire game, a helicopter flying upsidedown and some random character models either in bits or glitched through scenery. I was quite impressed with the tornado though, and fun was had parachuting into it. I tried to capture some screenshots but it seems like that feature just been disabled for the beta...

Why would you put out such a broken mess, even for testing? It's put me right off getting it, even at the bargain price of £98.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Thought I'd give that Hell Let Loose that's free on psn a go as a palette cleanser to this. Fuck me. People don't know how to make shooters these days. Hours of trudging about and no action. Utter shite
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's been a bad day
  • PUNK ROCK MOSH PIT LADS!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A very bad day
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Like pulling teeth, innit g?
  • heh
  • Had a bit of fun in a random squad there who actually pushed objectives and revived one another. Weapons feel weird though, and my aim is shite.

A glimmer of potential, and by the time its realised it'll be on GamePass so win win.
  • For the love of god. Turn cross play off.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • pantyfire wrote:
    For the love of god. Turn cross play off.
    The small install base of the new consoles probably means that they're far too keen stick with it.
  • Xbox players and bots is better than pc players.
    This is no exaggeration. I counted the last 15 deaths. Every single one of them was a pc player.

• Two games with crossplay turned off.
    Christ it’s infinitely better. No getting headshot beamed at distance by an SMG.
    The PC players must be absolutely loving it.

Second game had a lot of AI in it as it was late at night.m and all the console kiddies were going sleepy-bo-bos.
    Went 44-0 in a tank.
    Actually had a chance to see how they work and perform.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just had my first game. Feels very light/floaty.
  • Aim assist balances the controller vs M&KB thing pretty well if they’ve done it right. COD has no issues.
    GT: Knight640
  • I think that’s an issue. No one seems to really know if it has controller aim assist or not at the moment.
    But of the whole accuracy and speed of turning etc… that in my opinion gives KBM an unfair advantage.

I’ve played with and without in the past and it’s infinitely easier and faster to be precise with a mouse.
    Add in flick turns and there’s an advantage that KBM users have that I, using a controller and fiddling with the sensitivity endlessly just won’t get.
  • Despite the odd graphical glitches and not being able to shoot straight due to massive screen shake in tanks.
    Iv really enjoyed what iv played so far.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You can turn screen shake off Davie
  • Felt pretty much the same as the last few battlefields to me. I generally prefer the cod/warzone way of life over it these days, but I did like the whole attachments for your gun on the fly thing. Means you can adjust to all scenarios as you go.

Seems like class/weapon customisation is much improved in this one in general. Didn't encourage me to get it day one, but if it ends up in gamepass I'll grab it for mp shenanigans
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Cacky this like. Mostly down to the sound design. I've set it to war tapes and it's made everything louder but I still doesn't seem to bear any relation to what's going on around me. Silent vehicles etc has been a problem for ages. It's like you're playing with the game on mute while listening to a war film or something
  • It's a weird old mess. Teamwork with randoms seems likely to have disappeared with the map size and the change from classes to characters. My ammo crates were disappearing half the time anyway, but any sort of team interaction seemed very rare. Lots of people did seem to be trying to find ambush points between flags and stopping there, as if map control might be possible.

Gunplay is just odd, there's definite auto aim with the assault rifle, it maybe gets more accurate with a longer burst?. Up close it was very random and hip fire might have been the way to go. Couldn't do anything with the battle rifle and the SMG seemed like a terrible idea on that map.

Graphically it's pretty underwhelming. There's a level editor feel to the whole thing. Some nice shinies, but a lot of bland corridors as well.

There's too many bugs and glitches and missing features going on to really judge it. I suspect a lot of people will try and wait for it to be on EA Access and then get murdered by the people who jump in at launch. The numbers increase and class changes make me think it's not really Battlefiled, so I doubt I'll bother with the traditional half price purchase in December.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Uninstalled. Total crap
  • I had a bit of fun there for a couple of matches, but yeah, there's a fucktonne of jank. Couldn't hit a barn door with the assault rifle, and at one point emptied an entire clip into an enemy that was ten feet from me and didn't get one hit. Reloaded, and half way through the second mag it finally registered and downed him. I can only assume the servers are located off-planet. Maybe that's where the fucking rocket is headed?
    The map is bang average, as everyone says. No real flow to any of it, and I suspect that organised squads could absolutely dominate, such is the overall randomness of it all.
    ...And yet, as I said, I did have a bit of fun. Hell it was just nice to play a Battlefield game that looks like 3&4, even if it isn't up to much.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm giving the 'beta' -46/10.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've just remembered the zip lines that take people up to sniper spots.

-58/10.
  • You can turn screen shake off Davie

Cheers pal, didn't seem to work earlier!

Back on it now and destroying in tanks etc.
    Just held a point on my own with my sentry gun and racked up 28 kills!
    (Some must be bots)
  • I think it tells you Davie. If the gamertag that appears centre screen when you kill someone has the letters AI after it. Then it's safe to assume it's a bot.
  • Ah didn't have time for that it was like playing a horde based shooter.

Is there unlocks in this as there just seems to be too many air vehicles with nothing to counter them except recoil-less rifles and they seem to take 3 hits to take anything out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!