Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Thread of Win
  • i went through and memorised king's reverse special stretch bombo combo crazyness at the weekend. managed to win a couple matches because of people not knowing how to escape it XD

seemed like the most useful multi grab to learn out of the 6 he has, as it has 3 ways in. normal grab, from a sidestep and a one for crouchers. it didn't take me too long as it brought up 14 year old memories of banging on a namco stick doing the exact same motions! always end with giant swing yo.

a question for Escape - as far as i can tell there are 6 of these multigrabs, 2 of them are started form a wave dash motion, 2 from the twirl dance thing king does (3+4). i can see the application of these 4, and the reverse stretch special, but that shoulder slam one seems kind of pointless (f, df+1+3 i think). is it worth learning it?
  • And the best way to break out of it is? I'm guessing my default hammer on 1, 2 or 1+2 while crying isn't the ideal strategy?

Cheers for the tips Rouj!
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • for the reverse special bombotang its 1+2 to break the initial grab, then 1 to break the 2nd/3rd part i think, then 2 to break the next bit. i'm not certain but i think the second part is unbreakable.
  • Finally, new AVP podcast is up. 

"In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • A man on a low quality mic losing his shit while commentating on TTT2, its like every single poke is Evo Moment #37 to this guy. Amazing!

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Dat Duk!
  • DAVID BLAAAAAAAAINE is my standout moment.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Posting from phone so will keep this brief.

Patch 1.02 out today!

Fixes:
    Kuni crouching under some mids
    A.Ogre infinite

New stuff:
    Slim bob, Sebastian and Miharu unlocked - they all have ending movies.
    4 new stages
    Decal customisation mode
    Tekken theatre - where movies from old Tekken games will go when you buy them presumably.
    World Arena - The same as Grand Colosseo from SC5, which happened to be the best thing about that game after the netcode. You pick an area then go into a huge lobby where you can chat and play games with loads of other players.
  • WHAT THIS SHIT SHOULD BE FREE BLOODY DLC BASTARDS
  • Sorry, they could only give you the characters and stages for free. The greedy whores are gonna charge for the essential old movies.
  • Yo Decals.

SWEEP THE LEG.

cobrakai.jpg
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Your man looks like he's doing more eating of legs than sweeping. Jumpsuit Elvis.

Sorry I didn't invite you earlier: me earprod and stick arrived in America yesterday. I could always grab my HRAP from home one day and dig out the bundled headset. I'd be rubbish. (I tried the pad for a laugh. No laughs. Absolutely dire directional manglage.)

Lots of decals, innit? I've taken the one that looks a bit like Manny from the first page - skello in a plane with a bomb.
  • ggs last night Pez. connections weren't great but i mostly got stomped. feels like a long way to go before i can do anything against character like lili/drag. very demotivating!
  • Gg's man, yeah it was a bit weird lag-wise last night, I've played Rouj on 1 bar connection and it's been absolutely fine. Definitely felt a bit sluggish, I don't think you mostly got stomped (mostly), think we both had rampages, bouts go so wrong so very quickly, but there were some great comebacks in some and the majority of them went down to the last bout which is always good. Drag has a lot of sneaky tackle setups and again if you're hit it's the 1,2,1+2 mindgames. I also need to learn the exact timing for Duk's different moves on his mounted tackle, was trying to avoid going the 1 or 2 rout and use his 3+4 versions but either you were nailing the yomi or my timing is well off. 

I managed to start teching JayCee's vaginal mount 1+2 throw but teching normal garden variety throws still eludes me. Guess that'll just come with time as well. Was getting up too quickly last night s well, ate lots of King turn punches, boo.

Scape we'll get some games once you're back to an optimal controller setup buddy. Enjoying this game tons.
  • get me in for some lessons as well :) everyone needs a scrub to beat on for a bit, i offer my services!

good stuff pez, i couldn't land her roll grab thing after you started teching it. maybe once or twice after using the roll to go under a high. forced me to mix it up, or try to.

sorry about spamming her double sweep, but i think it was worth it. you started blocking them and parry them by the end, tough love. in the future i think i need you to pick lili and spam the cheapest shit on me! in fact just do it with any character.
  • FYI Dragunov's tackle can be broken with 1+2. You can also break his option from the tackle if you guess right on his 1,2 or 1+2 option. 

So you actually get two chances to escape, as the tackle itself only does about 15 damage. The 1+2 ender to drags tackle where he pounds on your face for a while is his most damaging option though, and some drag players will use it more than the 1 or 2 tackle finishers.
  • yeah it's like marduk. essentially its a 1 in 3 chance you get it right, unless you notice them going for the same thing or you know the most damaging option. 

the knowledge you need of other characters borders on redic!
  • It's not possible to know everything about every character, in terms of character defence but the more you play the more of the 'gimmicky' stufgf you will pick up. Case in point Drag's tackle, it's a grab, it's not really a safe move at all for the Drag player, as the opponent always has two chances to break out. I think Drags tackle is like other tackles as well where if you break early enough you reverse the tackle and end up on top of Drag smashing his face in, like the universal running tackle. Learning to read and break throws in Tekken takes time, so initially throwing someone can be a great tactic.

I think that video on spacing and backdash cancelling to maintain space is probably the most important thing we should be trying to incorporate into our gameplay. If you are standing in any characters face you are at the full mercy of their entire move list, especially if you dont currently have the momentum. Everything they have can hit you. If you can keep yourself just outside long poke range or near the edge of it you will negate a lost of the "bs" that an unfamiliar character can catch you with.
  • yeah, i guess i need to just get spammed by all the cheap shit till i learn. seems to be a halluva lot of it though :)
  • You should make Teddy Gordo and fight bs with bs, Smagnam style.
  • screw that, if he don't have the head of an endangered big cat i'm not interested. besides chain throws are my reversal BS move!

8fd755e2123d11e2b1d222000a1fb859_7.jpg
  • Speaking of BS, I find it hilarious everytime I have to play a Law online who doesn't know how to sidestep.

Jinpachi fireball all day from fullscreen for maximum rage generation. 

Smang, I have no idea what I am looking at there, is it like a character select portrait and you can put decals on the portraits as well? And how did you get kings head to look as though it was being held out by Alisa juring her spam bomb throw? All I know that it is next level, it may even be zef and it was possibly created DJ Hi-Tek using his pc computer.
  • Layers bro. You get 5 layers, so you can just stick stuff on top of other pics. My Cobra Kai bit has a smaller yellow triangle covering the cobra's lower body detail so I could stick the random kanji over the top.
  • MY GOD IT'S FULL OF STARS
  • king is your friend
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    If you can keep yourself just outside long poke range or near the edge of it you will negate a lost of the "bob" that an unfamiliar character can catch you with.

Man's a monster at eating range.

@Smang - I'll get back to you with King info after I've relearnt the names of his throws.

My rule of thumb for grabs 'n' tackles is a ratio of one double-break to four singles. So two 1s, two 2s and a 1+2 in any random order.

Sometimes add a third after two in a row. If they do know how to break what you're doing, they might second-guess themselves. (Bit obvious if you keep hitting the most damaging, o' course.)
  • So far most of my trips into ranked have yielded almost no Bob's, although now there is a 'not fat' Bob , I expect this to change, lol @ people. 

I mostly see Laws more than any other character, although I languish in the doldrums at about 1-3rd Dan at the minute. There are also a good few Kazuya's hoping to get wins with uf4,4,4,4 but you can deal with that more than adequately under the new netcode. At which point many revert to hopeless EWGF attempts which they suck at. Whenever I get to game point, I go all warm and fuzzy when I see Kaz players start spamming uf4,4,4,4 because I know they are mentally broken and in a few seconds they will have to endure a defeat at the hands of two old men.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Sounds like I ought to bring Zardoz' Zed out of retirement to set your boys straight.
  • i have had trouble blocking the second hit of the mishima uf4,4,4,4 online. it seems you have to go from stand to crouch pretty quickly.
    i guess this is what defensive practice is for!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The low's harder to block/parry if the mid whiffs. Parry the second low (they can't punish your parry attempt if they stop after the first).

Midwhiffery.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!