Dark Souls
  • fuck blighttown in the cock. 
  • I've done Bed of Cockshitters and the chaos eater bit before it - but I haven't yet met Onion-head in Blighty.  Will he be there if I go seek him out, and then in LI later (even though I've already done it?)
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Petey - cheers for the offer, I'm starting tonight as the Mrs is out, I'm taking a break from the Witcher,  so once I have travelled well out of my way to south london to get my Dark Moon Grass (Demon's fans winkwink), it's on.
  • Thanks guys, I did it. Tomorrow: The depths.

Level 30. Too high or too low? Plus, my stats are all fairly even. I feel like a jack of all trades and a master of none. I might just pump 5 levels in a row into strength or stamina.
  • I'd say a little just right, as long as you're pumping souls into weapon upgrades too.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You only need strength for heavy weapons, it won't really increase your damage output unless the weapon you're using scales with strength.

When you look at a weapon in the menu, press X to bring up the stats. There should be letters next to an attribute in the lower left, S being the best, then A through to D I think.

You're best off picking something you like the feel of, checking out it's stats and scaling and going with that. Or just ignore the scaling and make a fire or lightning weapon.
  • What Paul said. a couple of weapons will scale S with particular stat (Longbow with Dex, for instance), and then the rest go from A to E. END ups the stamina bar and the weight of stuff you can wear and still move well.

30, depending what you've stacked, should see you through to the bottom of blighty, but it depends how you handle things.

Are you one hitting the naked muppets with the torches? How many hits to take out the regular enemies in the parish?

I would, however, when you get back into levelling up, start focusing on one or two things. If you want to use big swords, hammers, clubs etc, pump strength, if you want to use quick curved swords and bows, pump dex. (If you've got both to 16, then you'll be able to wield a reasonable range of basic weapons anyway.)

Unless you are using magic or miracles, don't touch faith or INT. (You're about to get access to pyro, and you can level that seperately to other stuff.)

Either way, spend a bit more time upgrading weapons rather than levelling, and when you do level, pick a route and stick to it.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Bed of Chaos down.  Does this boss exist for any reason other than to piss you off? 

Didn't find the other side of the shortcut door so I've probably missed a bit.

Just New Londo now.
  • mrsmr2 said:

Bed of Chaos down.  Does this boss exist for any reason other than to piss you off? 

Didn't find the other side of the shortcut door so I've probably missed a bit.

Just New Londo now.

Yep, there's a root ramp down to the right just before thwe stairs up to bed of c. You go down there, and there's a few things. The path in the middle right will lead to a tite demon, and that door, and another surprise.

• Bugger it.  Can't be bothered going back.  I'm at Firelink now.
  • mrsmr2 said:

@grem: Did you meet him in AL? And have you spoken to him at firelink?

• formatting spazzing out.
  • Facewon said:

Nice work. it is amazing how quick the game is when you know what you're doing.

It's funny though, I'm still quite a completist. I can always get to blighty quickly on first playthrough, but I like so much stuff in there, and always want the ninja gear for the bottom and for lightness, so I always just crack through it. Discovered also that you can actually see the damage you're doing if you use arrows on the big spider from outside. Also discovered that it somehow doesn't like poison. Shot it and left it.

I should also mention that I Took down both capra and gaping on first goes and neither of them actually touched me. Very satisfying. Capra basically let me do 2 handed drop attacks. Very handy, as I've been carrying around 9 humanity in the top left for the whole time. The good thing with that, which I totally forget, is that it improves your resistances. makes a massive difference to what you can take from the curse frogs.

Yeah you can fly through it when you know the quick routes, I missed out everything apart from wolfy for he's soul. I only needed to get to the blacksmith in Anor londo, So I just skipped most things. But normally I do everything, pick up everything. But being on NG++ i'd got everything anyway......

@davie you can get more slabs on NG+ in the Great Hollow of the lizards, You know doing that trick I showed you. Just make sure you've 10 humanity and the ring on, If they get away just stand where they normally are and quit and load it a few times. And they'll re appear, saves time going in and out of that place.....
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    @knuckle82 just thought i could do with lightning zweinhiender at +5 rather than +4 for last boss.
    im abut sl80....not sure if im ready for him yet.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • No you don't want to use lightning anyway, he has good lightning defence.... Fire actually works alright against him, So make a fire weapon or something. You'll still be able to kill him with your +4 zwei anyway dude, But I prefer a quicker weapon for him myself...

What level are now anyway?, i've got all the weapons ready to lend you now mate, i'll save you loads of time fucking about.....
  • I've been cursed to buggery by Seath the Scaleless and I'm all out of purging stones. Fiddlesticks.
  • Paladin Gear, Bloodshield and there's a Curse ring in New Londo.
  • I've been cursed to buggery by Seath the Scaleless and I'm all out of purging stones. Fiddlesticks.

Divine blessing zaps a curse too, doesn't it? I've never tried, but I think it does.

It's funny, seath is fairly easy once you know how, especially if you're not going for his tail, but damn, if you get cocky, that curse can kick your ass.

• @brooks: Also, you were rocking a lot of hume in the top left, have you noticed the MASSIVE difference that having 8-10 there makes to your resistances? it's actually mental. It's like having a cursebite or posion bite ring on.
  • Aye, just another quirk of the playfully lax systems.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    knuckle82 said:

No you don't want to use lightning anyway, he has good lightning defence.... Fire actually works alright against him, So make a fire weapon or something. You'll still be able to kill him with your +4 zwei anyway dude, But I prefer a quicker weapon for him myself...

What level are now anyway?, i've got all the weapons ready to lend you now mate, i'll save you loads of time fucking about.....

im about sl 81 abouts.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • When I get home today, I have to make it back and retrieve the 9 hume I've had since the parish. I'll be gutted if I lose them. Missed a backstab on the fatty in the tunnel just before the lower level. Was going so well too. Decided I'm going to rip q using arrows and power within. Gonna exploit the fact that I'm not levelling pyro at all. Figuring I can do some pretty fuck off damage with arrows given my dex status. need to go and sort out the forest covie first though. need to Join 'em, buy a bunch of shit from shiva, and then get 'em for the darkgrain ring.
  • Should really crack on with my SL30 Mage and get to the Duke's Archives. I'm having an absolute riot invading in the forest with him but a few extra tricks (i.e. Homing Crystal Soulmass) would go down a treat. 
  • Took five deaths and a trip from blighty to the forest to get the darkgrain ring today. Being very cack handed.

And I lost those 9 hume as soon as I started, to the freakin fire cats. ffs. Typical.

Still, archery with prior knowledge is even better than my first build. Especially in the combs. Picked off the fire dudes before I even had to fight a skellie. And lured the bk out where I wanted him.

To add to my do things the hard way day though, I did forget that it's the fire keeper soul in blighty that triggers L, not defeating q. Durr. No firelink for me.
  • Should really crack on with my SL30 Mage and get to the Duke's Archives. I'm having an absolute riot invading in the forest with him but a few extra tricks (i.e. Homing Crystal Soulmass) would go down a treat. 

Your Sorcerer appears to be faring better than mine. Good luck in the Duke's Archive though.
  • @Facewon:  Did you meet him in AL? And have you spoken to him at firelink?

Yes to both.  When he said he was going down below I assumed it was NL.
  • Nope. That's when he goes to blighty. Have you already seen his daughter near c caves?
  • Tempy said:

Should really crack on with my SL30 Mage and get to the Duke's Archives. I'm having an absolute riot invading in the forest with him but a few extra tricks (i.e. Homing Crystal Soulmass) would go down a treat. 

Your Sorcerer appears to be faring better than mine. Good luck in the Duke's Archive though.

Oh, I don't know. I'm having fun invading but that doesn't necessarily translate to killing my foes all that often! I've done Sens but haven't made the trip to Anor Londo yet. I guess this will be the build to see why people have issues with those archers.
  • Well I was at level 30 in AL and ended up having to boost up to 40-50ish to get past the Archers and this does not appear to be sufficient for Duke's Archives. That said, I need a better weapon as I've already discussed with Face but BSG has taken up all my time. What are you using as your whacking stick?
  • Facewon said:

Nope. That's when he goes to blighty. Have you already seen his daughter near c caves?

nah, haven't even been there yet, or to Dukes Archives or ToG.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!