Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • I'm not sure weather balloons count as adversaries.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm not sure weather balloons count as adversaries.

Unless you’re the weather. They fuck you right up.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I strongly believe that they will find alien intelligence, I just doubt they'd tell us.

If we challenge ingrained stigma and keep pushing at the door there’s every chance we’ll get more info. Just takes a few to have their NDA waved and testify in the upcoming hearings. Prominent persons are on record claiming a 23 minute HD recording has been shown to a select few public officials and has changed their world view. Imagine if that leaked.

In other news, the Brazilian government is due to hold a UAP hearing June 24th.

Olá!

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • It's an odd one because the truth that we are not alone in the universe and that life forms capable of far more than we could possibly imagine would be the greatest scientific discovery of a lifetime, yet I doubt they'd tell us because they would be concerned that we couldn't handle it.

Just look at Covid, serious pandemic proven by science and yet half our society decides that science is wrong, they choose not to believe in it and fail to accept that it's real. Look how that divided our society.

I think the same would happen with alien lifeforms, no matter what evidence they provide people won't believe it.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Climate change says hi
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Climate change says hi

Is that a hi in agreement? Because yea, big part of our society that refuses to believe in climate change because it would mean a change to their comfortable lives.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm pretty sure there's intelligent life elsewhere. Kinda bound to be given the number of galaxies/stars/planets. Our existence shows it's a non-zero probability, with that many attempts chances of it being precisely one planet are... slim?

Though when in time that other intelligent life happens is if course interesting (particularly if it's as self-destructive as us).

But is it here? Today? And some know but keeping schtum? That feels rather less likely...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Some people wouldn't. But so what? What's the worst that can happen there?

I'd be more concerned about the folk that think they live among us and something needs to be done to stop them and reveal the conspiracy
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm pretty sure there's intelligent life elsewhere. Kinda bound to be given the number of galaxies/stars/planets. Our existence shows it's a non-zero probability, with that many attempts chances of it being precisely one planet are... slim?

Though when in time that other intelligent life happens is if course interesting (particularly if it's as self-destructive as us).

But is it here? Today? And some know but keeping schtum? That feels rather less likely...

I kinda believe it is, not saying that they walk among us but I do believe that something more intelligent has made contact and does continue to visit this planet.
    Much like we would occasionally check in on the ants nest at the bottom of the garden.
  • Some people wouldn't. But so what? What's the worst that can happen there?

I'd be more concerned about the folk that think they live among us and something needs to be done to stop them and reveal the conspiracy

My point exactly. What's the worst that can happen for telling us?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    ?

That's why I think they'd tell us. You're saying they wouldn't.

Edit: in fact reading your reply to Muzzy, you think they have made contact and it's been covered up. I doubt it
  • Some people wouldn't. But so what? What's the worst that can happen there?

My point exactly. What's the worst that can happen for telling us?

All religions would self destruct. Fear
    PSN - minkymu
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Would they?

Why haven't they self destructed so far, given the absolute mountain of evidence against any of them and not a shred of evidence in their favour?

And people are living in fear of all sorts of caper, both real and imagined, but it's not been the end of civilization just yet
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Religions generally morph to stay relevant. They would here.
  • Perhaps I am the alien among you.
  • Most religious parties would probably reject the scientific evidence.
    They all have so far.
  • Devils from the sky. Here to fool you from believing in the word of the Lord.
  • “Jesus was from Alpha Centauri”
  • He's a spaaaaaaaaaace man
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:

It’s my view the US military keep secrets by compartmentalising programs and only people ‘read in’ can be involved. Non disclosure agreements (NDA) are signed and patriotically adhered to.

‘But is it here?’ is a relevant question. Perhaps it’s always been here and not (recently) from elsewhere which is equally amazing, if so.

One thing is certain, some people know a great deal more on this subject than has so far been publicly revealed.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Assuming this is legit it is at least a compellingly believable chatbot.  No doubt it'll be a racist within a couple of weeks of being allowed out.
  • It’s edited and compiled together from a series of different sessions though.
    the bot plays along with whatever you prompt, so something like “explain to me why you are not sentient” etc. will make it reply that it isn’t actually sentient.
  • Yeah, like I say, it's a decent chatbot.
  • It's quite something tho. I hope it's just a decent chatbot, otherwise we're on the verge of something very new, something humanity isn't prepared for yet.

(In spite of all the sci-fi flicks predicting it.)
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • The Aliens might save us
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The weather balloons might save us

• Well I for one am down with buying nfl tops off 8y/o physicists.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Yeah, like I say, it's a decent chatbot.

We'll see about that . Summon Escape and Dyno!
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!