Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • The man made threat is the U.S military tech training.
  • I'm honestly more willing to believe the Lincoln Memorial is full of human sacrifices made to tree tentacles than that these things are aliens.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    How do we know they are threatening if we don't know what they are and they have displayed no hostile behaviour?

Guess you could say if someone kept entering your house uninvited, paid particular attention to your security cameras and any self defence items and there was nothing you could do to stop them wasn’t threatening…but I’d be surprised you’d feel that way.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Well, it’s more understandable for us tin foil hatters.

Senate report criticizes the
    Pentagon's responses to what it says are
    *exponentially' growing threats posed by
    unidentified phenomena’

Seems fair criticism when the Pentagon is tasked with keeping the U.S free from air and underwater incursions. Does pose the question, what are these threatening phenomena?

I assume that anything that can’t be identified will be treated as a threat until such time as it can be shown not to be one, I don’t think this lends any weight to the idea that we’re being visited by aliens.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The Senate is full of crazies. I don't really care what they criticise tbh
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    You don’t have to be crazy to work there…
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hmder8gw06dr0b0u1bnbxv45pep0zpgvnnxcicuh&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • LivDiv wrote:
    How do we know they are threatening if we don't know what they are and they have displayed no hostile behaviour?

Guess you could say if someone kept entering your house uninvited, paid particular attention to your security cameras and any self defence items and there was nothing you could do to stop them wasn’t threatening…but I’d be surprised you’d feel that way.

I mean, it's a very American way of thinking.
    The most paranoid country on Earth.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I hadn't seen this far side before, but i enjoyed that it made me think of this thread...

spoon-2.jpg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I'm going to be wondering this every time I use a spoon now.

THANKS OBAMA.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I like this one.

4KEtMLI.jpg
  • Guess you could say if someone kept entering your house uninvited, paid particular attention to your security cameras and any self defence items and there was nothing you could do to stop them wasn’t threatening…but I’d be surprised you’d feel that way.

I assume that the foxes and badgers I see in my garden on my Ring doorbell camera are scrutinising the vulnerabilities of my home security, because I only ever see footage of them in the area covered by the camera. I don’t think there’s any way that confirmation bias is causing me to project intent onto them.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Those Ring things are great! Though you can identify them as foxes and badgers is where your analogy misses the Mach.
  • You are still making several assumptions unsupported by evidence. This is seen in your choice of language.

‘Entering’ implies something that originated elsewhere. Since the phenomena are unidentified, you cannot assume its source.

‘Uninvited’ implies both that it is something that does not belong and (the more telling assumption) that it would understand the concepts of ‘ownership’ of physical space, or ‘invitation’. Since the phenomena are unidentified, you cannot assume any of this.

‘Paid particular attention’ implies that something is sentient, and that being in the vicinity of something equates to paying attention to that thing. Since the phenomena are unidentified, you cannot assume sentience. You cannot assume that proximity equates to observation, in any circumstance.

My analogy was intended to draw your attention to the self-evident fact that something cannot be detected or recorded without suitable detecting or recording equipment. You cannot assume that the presence of this equipment explains the presence of the phenomena. It only explains how/why the phenomena were recorded.

‘Nothing you could do to stop them’ also implies knowledge that the phenomena are unstoppable and that there is (or may be at some time) some requirement to stop them. Since the phenomena are unidentified, you cannot assume either of these.

You have used emotive language which tells us more about your reading of the evidence being affected by your prior assumptions than anything else. It is not helpful and does not progress your case in any way whatsoever.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Would argue they’re safe assumptions, based on the June 2021 UAP assessment and the May 2022 hearing.

“Given the national security implications associated with potential threats posed by UAP operating in close proximity to sensitive military activities, installations, critical infrastructure, or other national security sites, the FBI is positioned to use its investigative capabilities and authorities to support deliberate DOD and interagency efforts to determine attribution,"

https://documents2.theblackvault.com/documents/odni/DEOM-2021-00006.pdf

U.S. elected officials on both sides of the aisle really want to know what they are and legislating accordingly. Threats aren’t inherently hostile, but since the fails around 9/11 seems lawmakers aren’t willing to let the intelligence and defence bureaus be complacent. The next senate committee get together will be more interesting, nae doubt.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s not a remotely safe assumption and that quote doesn’t make the assumption any safer at all.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    We’ll have to disagree.
  • Don't simply disagree, provide a long and detailed breakdown of the posts you disagree with.  This thread is hilarious, don't let it fizzle out.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    At least the Pentagon and NASA are keen.
    ‘Looking forward’ to the continued disclosure…

Ri2Xg8w.jpg

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    In other news, I'm staying in a very old house in the main square of a small town. It's creaky and smells like a very old house does. Sprog is sleeping in a room that adjoins ours through glass double doors that we leave open. The night before last I was dozing at about 4 in the morning, hearing him making shuffling sounds that usually mean he's coming out of his bed to us, when a huge bang from his room made me jump up. Thinking he had fallen out of bed, I ran in but he was fast asleep in bed, obviously not having been awake at all.
    Yesterday, he and my mother were in the kitchen when an old woman's voice said hello to them in Spanish. My mother said she would have put it down to her imagination but Rían heard it too and wanted to know who it was. She presumed it was me playing a joke but I was at the other end of the house.
    Today we went out, locking up the shutters, which are old and very stiff, hard to move. When we got home later one was wide open and the window too.
    I'm sure it's all easily explained - sound carries easily in the building, for example - but it's still a bit weird.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Get out while you can.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Just one more night.
  • Redrum redrum
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Would argue they’re safe assumptions, based on the June 2021 UAP assessment and the May 2022 hearing.

To misquote a certain judge, just because you believe something is a safe assumption, it doesn’t mean that it is.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Dredd?
  • Kow wrote:
    In other news, I'm staying in a very old house in the main square of a small town. It's creaky and smells like a very old house does. Sprog is sleeping in a room that adjoins ours through glass double doors that we leave open. The night before last I was dozing at about 4 in the morning, hearing him making shuffling sounds that usually mean he's coming out of his bed to us, when a huge bang from his room made me jump up. Thinking he had fallen out of bed, I ran in but he was fast asleep in bed, obviously not having been awake at all.
    Yesterday, he and my mother were in the kitchen when an old woman's voice said hello to them in Spanish. My mother said she would have put it down to her imagination but Rían heard it too and wanted to know who it was. She presumed it was me playing a joke but I was at the other end of the house.
    Today we went out, locking up the shutters, which are old and very stiff, hard to move. When we got home later one was wide open and the window too.
    I'm sure it's all easily explained - sound carries easily in the building, for example - but it's still a bit weird.

This is what I come to this thread for.
  • Kow, set a camera or microphone up somewhere.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Our place is up where the green light is.
    KZxqyip.jpeg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    "Dont go, we've only just met"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!