Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • Kow wrote:
    Our place is up where the green light is.
    KZxqyip.jpeg

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the city…

z6sTB8wFw1TWBZrf1MA3ZMVDaNG.jpg
  • Kow wrote:

Oh man.  The green light?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Better if it was (behind) the Green Door.
  • Would argue they’re safe assumptions, based on the June 2021 UAP assessment and the May 2022 hearing.

“Given the national security implications associated with potential threats posed by UAP operating in close proximity to sensitive military activities, installations, critical infrastructure, or other national security sites, the FBI is positioned to use its investigative capabilities and authorities to support deliberate DOD and interagency efforts to determine attribution,"

https://documents2.theblackvault.com/documents/odni/DEOM-2021-00006.pdf 

U.S. elected officials on both sides of the aisle really want to know what they are and legislating accordingly. Threats aren’t inherently hostile, but since the fails around 9/11 seems lawmakers aren’t willing to let the intelligence and defence bureaus be complacent. The next senate committee get together will be more interesting, nae doubt.

This just says "There's stuff we don't know near stuff we don't want people to see."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Have you saw someone in the street who just looks like they don't belong? I dont mean dont fit in like a tourist or just look weird..... but look other worldly?

When I was a student I can remember seeing this guy walking toward me and he passed on my right. He was short..maybe 5 feet. Round build and dressed entirely in shades of green. Whiskers and I think a green hat. Had a blackthorne walking stick. I remember a very broad belt and big buckle. Felt like he didnt see anyone around him or me. I had the impression when we passed that if I had looked back he would have been gone. The Irish in me makes me think he might have been fairy folk. I remember telling an Aunt about it who lived in the area in case she had seen him before...he was a once seen never forgotten character. She hadnt seen him around and she was thw one who suggested he could have been a fairy...half jokingly. 30 odd years later it still leaves an impression me.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hah, a leprechaun! Were you on your way home from the pub by any chance? Sounds like another student having fun and making a political statement as "the fighting Irish". Probably laughs about it to this day with his friends - "I bet they still remember me".
  • When I started my A-levels I met a girl from a couple of towns away, probably about 30-40 miles away. After a bit of teenage flirting we started going on a few dates and things went along nicely enough. She ended up coming to my house after college and meeting the parents. We weren’t full on at that point so she wasn’t staying over, so that evening my mum drove her home. The girl didn’t know our town at all but, as we were driving on a country road, she told us she’d been down here before on the way to the airport the previous summer. She said she only remembered it because as they were heading down the road at 2 or 3 in the morning they drove towards a guy dressed like a highway man and riding a horse towards them on the opposite side of the road. She said it was really weird as he didn’t respond to their approach at all, it was all misty as they got closer to him and also it’s just a fucking man in fancy dress on an isolated road riding a horse at 3am. My mum and I agreed on the oddness and that was that.
    About a year later my mate started pot washing in a pub kitchen that was situated on the same road. I’d never been in the pub before he started working here but we started going there a little to wait for him to finish his shift. In the grounds of the pub was this odd little ruined temple/folly thing from years ago and on the back of the pub menu was a few paragraphs about what it was. Rough outline was that it was a private temple thing in the grounds of the local big landowner but it had become that isolated that a local robber and highway man had been using this temple as a hideout and somewhere to stash all his swag. Apparently a proper violent menace who killed when he robbed and was an all round shit. He was eventually caught and killed at the temple with his body moved to the roadside and hung up to warn wrong uns not to fuck about. Apparently, the ghost of this highway man could be seen on a certain night in summer, riding his horse down the road. The same road we’d driven down with the girlfriend who’d independently told us the story of seeing a spooky highway man heading down there the previous summer.

The absolute best bit of this story? The highway man was known as Black Dick. Black Dick the highwayman. The temple thing? Black Dicks Temple.
    Makes the story all the more perfect.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Incidentally, the strange, out of place people is a common occurrence. 50 page thread on FT forum where people talk about their own experiences of it. https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/people-who-feel-wrong.39070/
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    More Black Dick stories please...
  • Kow wrote:
    KZxqyip.jpeg

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the city…

z6sTB8wFw1TWBZrf1MA3ZMVDaNG.jpg

This is exactly what I thought of!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Kow wrote:

A quick Google will see you right.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The famous Big Black Dick.
  • I love ghost stories but I don't believe in ghosts.

The other night I was checking my friend's apartment and watering plants and saw a plant moving as if something had brushed past it, or a gust of wind had shifted its leaves and they were settling again. I was looking directly at it, not out of the corner of my eye or anything.

Unnerving. Hairs on the back of my neck and a horrible feeling. I checked the door and window but they were closed. The floor is solid. I decided I was overtired and it was my imagination playing tricks on me and left as soon as I could.

Driving home I was still nervous and still telling myself that I was being daft - I was overtired and it was all in my head. It's not the first time I've seen something move in that apartment - my friend and I saw a small lantern swinging for no reason.

I don't believe in ghosts. I honestly think there's probably a weird draft in the apartment somewhere, but it really spooked me!
  • Kow wrote:

There's actually a story about him in The Times - a very long column. I found it a bit hard to swallow.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s because they shafted the journo who wrote it. He got the sack but didn’t have the balls to take legal action.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What a prick.
  • Ghost stories and dick puns, suddenly the best thread.
  • I don't believe in ghosts but watching a good ghost movie will put me on edge for the rest of the evening.

I watched The Others a few weeks back (Nicole Kidman weirdo child ghosts thing).
    Went to bed on edge a bit, turning lights on before enterting a room, all that.

Just drifting off to sleep and I hear a loud vibrating noise coming from the bathroom. I creep in expecting the old woman from The Shining and to attack me the second I cross the threshold.

My beard trimmer is sat on the window sill switched on and vibrating up and down.
    Spoiler:
  • Water causing an electrical fault or a haunted beard trimmer? We’ll never know the truth.
  • Either way I beat the shit out of it.
    Fuck you ghosts and/or physics, you ain't all that.
  • davyK wrote:
    Have you saw someone in the street who just looks like they don't belong? I dont mean dont fit in like a tourist or just look weird..... but look other worldly?

When I was a student I can remember seeing this guy walking toward me and he passed on my right. He was short..maybe 5 feet. Round build and dressed entirely in shades of green. Whiskers and I think a green hat. Had a blackthorne walking stick. I remember a very broad belt and big buckle. Felt like he didnt see anyone around him or me. I had the impression when we passed that if I had looked back he would have been gone. The Irish in me makes me think he might have been fairy folk. I remember telling an Aunt about it who lived in the area in case she had seen him before...he was a once seen never forgotten character. She hadnt seen him around and she was thw one who suggested he could have been a fairy...half jokingly. 30 odd years later it still leaves an impression me.

Love this.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    My beard trimmer is sat on the window sill switched on and vibrating up and down.

Reminds me of this stone cold classic -
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Well there’s a thing.

ypxFJzq.jpg

One of 6 photo’s taken by two hikers around 9pm August 4 1990 just off the A9 in Calvin’s hills. MOD wanted it buried till (at least) 2076 but thank Zod for intrepid journalism, Dr David Clarke has unearthed a fascinating cover up. Provenance has been verified by a former RAF press officer, Craig Lindsay who still had a copy of the photo sent to him by the Daily Record.

The print is now in the custody of Sheffield Hallam University and you have to admit it’s a doozie.

Testimony together with photo analysis by Andrew Robinson, senior lecturer in photography corroborate a stationary object some 100ft wide encircled by a Harrier jet.

Who’d have thought probably the world’s best photo evidence of a UFO would come from Scotland!

Testimony: https://youtu.be/IgekUVzMSCc

Analysis:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QPqd-G9f7vMW77orEHlvQHagrxm3uZ9r/view

lPDPTdL.jpg

ehKA1zE.jpg

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • you have to admit it’s a doozie.

emlE63e.png
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Hah, a leprechaun! Were you on your way home from the pub by any chance? Sounds like another student having fun and making a political statement as "the fighting Irish". Probably laughs about it to this day with his friends - "I bet they still remember me".

I was actually sober!!!!! :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I read the section in the analysis about calculating the size of the object. That was pretty funny.

Honestly, the fact it wasn’t caveated to shit means that the rest of the analysis can do one too.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A retro flying saucer! Love it
  • For what it's worth (which is absolutely fuck all) I really really want hair to be right. I do believe in this stuff and I know hair can articulate far better than I can why it's possible that we have had contact multiple times over the years

I can't really argue fact as I'm not trying to convince anyone that they should share my belief But I do want hair to be correct in this.

So yea, I'm not dismissing the possibility as I think if it were proved to us that alien life is here it would be the most exciting scientific discovery of our lifetimes
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'd like Hair to be right too, I just don't think he is.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!